LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Smitty, yay Smitty 1st half-2nd half stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Boy have the standards been lowered for SF QBs. Alex Smith just has to not throw 3 INTs to be said to have had a good game.

No the real fans are happy that we won and actually realize that Alex Smith is a major reason why we are 2-1.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
You mean like anyone that agrees with you? Give me a break. You probably watch the game on a computer with s**tty feed. You guys make me laugh. You find comfort in the fact that a few respected posters on the Zone think Alex is good. The problem is everybody outside of the Zone that knows more football than anyone on this forum thinks he sucks. So you can act like your in the know, but your really just a follower of the "in crowd." All the stats these guys post game after game are worthless, use your eyes and commen sense.

Well, not everyone outside the Zone thought Smith "sucked." The one man whose opinion really mattered, Harbaugh, didn't. Whether he really liked him or saw him as servicable for this season, if Harbaugh thought he "sucked" he wouldn't have been back.
Originally posted by rserda:
Boy have the standards been lowered for SF QBs. Alex Smith just has to not throw 3 INTs to be said to have had a good game.

No the real fans are happy that we won and actually realize that Alex Smith is a major reason why we are 2-1.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

It's amazing and sad.
it should be noted that alex smith has had more yards as every game passses (as well as rushing yards increased as every game passes

this is proof that jim harbaugh is opening up the playbook up a bit more week by week

This
Originally posted by BHulman:
Well, not everyone outside the Zone thought Smith "sucked." The one man whose opinion really mattered, Harbaugh, didn't. Whether he really liked him or saw him as servicable for this season, if Harbaugh thought he "sucked" he wouldn't have been back.

Apart from the lockout, I'm sure there are other reasons Harbaugh thought he could turn Smith around (ego, sympothy). Dont forget that we did use our 2nd round pick to draft a QB, that's not a huge vote of confidence.

P.S. I'm not saying it didn't make sense to bring back Smith. I'm just saying that I realize he is not starting matrerial.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 25, 2011 at 2:22 PM ]

More BS. 6

66% completions, zero turnovers, lead a game winning drive in the 4th quarter, made the 1 long throw where he actually had time to throw. All this despite 6 drops and 6 stupid penalties.

That's a lot better than "not having 3 INTs"...but I don't know why anyone bothers presenting facts in the face of your blind dislike.
I disagree, the defense didn't put any points on the board, Alex Smith and the offense did so therefore the win goes to Alex Smith and the offense.

Interesting theory. I guess preventing the other team from scoring doesn't factor into the game. lol, that may be the funniest notion I have ever heard, but good on ya for having an opinion anyway.

Had the defense not kept the Bengals out of the endzone, time and time and time again, when the offense failed, the points at the end would not have mattered. Think about it.
[ Edited by 49erFan on Sep 25, 2011 at 2:21 PM ]
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by sacniner:
He is serviceable... we need the o line and run game badly.

He had one beautiful pass to Davis down the right side. The rest of the game he played very average, running up his passer rating with high efficiency checkdowns. I don't know what game everyone else watched. Our expectations have gone so low for this position that just not f****ing things up is considered a breakthrough game.

Even on that play he stared down Davis. Go back and watch Smiths head on EVERY throw. I use to think he was servicable, but he isn't. If you give ANY QB what you think Alex needs to be good, they would ALL be servicable.

P.S. Kaeperpick must really suck.
Um... not true at all. He goes through his reads on most plays. hat particular play it looked like Smith saw the matchup, and audibled to put VD 1 on 1 on the outside. He was going there the whole time, and anyone with football knowledge knows that. This BS about him starindown his targets needs to stop right now. IT simply isn't accurate at all. Just stop it, it is pathetic.

You mean like anyone that agrees with you? Give me a break. You probably watch the game on a computer with s**tty feed. You guys make me laugh. You find comfort in the fact that a few respected posters on the Zone think Alex is good. The problem is everybody outside of the Zone that knows more football than anyone on this forum thinks he sucks. So you can act like your in the know, but your really just a follower of the "in crowd." All the stats these guys post game after game are worthless, use your eyes and commen sense.

I never said anything about him being good. He has played respectably with a pared down gameplan this year so far. Beyond that I won't speculate about trust issues and all that crap. I do know that he isn't getting much help with the Run game and the OL has been bad. The D has been solid for the most part. I have the ticket but i think I could see his head moving on most of the plays even with a bad feed. Are you at the games? Do you have the game film or something? I didn't mention one thing about stats you freaking lightweight. PLEASE RESPOND TO WHAT I WROTE. I know what I am talking about, and all I was saying is that this "he doesn't go through his reads" BS is unfounded. Now, if you want to say that he doesn't go through his reads quickly enough, or gives up on them and goes to the checkdown too often, then maybe we can have a reasonable discussion. Man, the ignorance in your post is incredible, I have been posting here for 3 years saying the same basic things. You gave ZERO proof that what you said has any validity.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:

It's amazing and sad.

offhand, I can't think of a QB in the league that I don't rank above Smith. I'm sure there are some obvious ones I'm forgetting about. Chad Henne maybe, can't think of who else. We've gone from expecting nothing but the best from the QB position to being satisifed with meager, low production, and disaster free QB results. It is sad and amazing.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mac707g:

More BS. 6

66% completions, zero turnovers, lead a game winning drive in the 4th quarter, made the 1 long throw where he actually had time to throw. All this despite 6 drops and 6 stupid penalties.

That's a lot better than "not having 3 INTs"...but I don't know why anyone bothers presenting facts in the face of your blind dislike.

Throw in the fact that 6 out of the 10 incompletions were drops.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:

This

We are 2-1 because we played two of worst teams in the NFL.
Originally posted by susweel:
It's amazing and sad.

Wait...you guys still want to b*tch?

Dude was clutch in the 4th quarter, and finished 66% with 201 yards. Did he throw picks in the clutch? Fumble? No.

He played turnover free ball, overcame a sh*tty performance by his line, AND led the team to a win on the east coast. Ugly or not, this is a solid win. Quit b*tching and enjoy it.

That is all.
Originally posted by mac707g:

More BS. 6

I'm convinced that some of you guys don't now what a real NFL offense looks like.
Share 49ersWebzone