LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

More Hunter, Less Gore....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Context + Statistics > Statistics alone

You've entered the Zone. Leave your logic at the door.....
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Can't give up on him yet, but I wouldn't mind seeing 60/40 Gore/Hunter. Many teams have found the advantages of running back by committee, it's about time we hopped on board.
Frank Gore (ankle) conceded to reporters after Sunday's win that he's unsure whether he'll be able to play in Week 4.

Gore sprained his right ankle in the second quarter, and coach Jim Harbaugh confirmed that he had to be removed because of the injury. "I kind of tweaked it and I couldn't go the way I wanted to," Gore said. "I couldn't be myself. Some of the runs, I couldn't make the cut I wanted to make. Hopefully, I get better this week. ... "I can't tell until tomorrow. See how I'm feeling." Kendall Hunter is next on the depth chart. The 49ers play the Eagles in Week 4.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Sep 25, 2011 at 8:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Janitor:
Can't give up on him yet, but I wouldn't mind seeing 60/40 Gore/Hunter. Many teams have found the advantages of running back by committee, it's about time we hopped on board.

I'd like to see a 60/40 split. Reminds me of when Gore was behind Barlow, and Barlow was behind Hearst. There's too much talent there to not give him touches.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Usually, but he was particularly awful at it today

Yeah, especially that brutal sack he gave up where he was just standing around Smith. If you take away the 5 runs where they were running out the clack Hunter made things happen behind the same line Gore cold not make things happen with..

So who do you play? Pretty obvious I do believe..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Sep 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Janitor:

I'd like to see a 60/40 split. Reminds me of when Gore was behind Barlow, and Barlow was behind Hearst. There's too much talent there to not give him touches.

Man I almost forgot about that.

One of my biggest disappointments last year was the fact that we never used Westbrook. Sure he isn't what he used to be, but Gore has got to stop getting 95% of the plays for his own good as well as for our offensive good.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
This kid looks good. I'm starting to regret that we gave Gore a goodwill contract extension.
Originally posted by Shaj:
This kid looks good. I'm starting to regret that we gave Gore a goodwill contract extension.

That extension had to be done, the plus side is it's very friendly to the team if Gore doesn't hold up his end of it.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Frank Gore is done.

Period.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Shaj:

That extension had to be done, the plus side is it's very friendly to the team if Gore doesn't hold up his end of it.

This

I don't buy into Gore is done quite yet , but since Seeing Hunter this year I have liked the idea of Running back by committee. When Gore is healthy again.
Gore looked like he didn't want to be out there. He gave little effort on blocking, didn't run hard, had a ball hit him in the face mask, it was a tough day for him. When Hunter came in the team looked like they had more energy.
Gore should have been benched on the sack where he just stood there and watch Alex get sacked. Also why did the refs blow the whistle so fast? Alex handed the ball to Gore before he was down but the refs blew the whistle killing the play.
Okay I love Hunter but this is an overraction...Hunter scored yes but other than that there wasnt much. Cinci has a solid front 7 and Frank struggled, then fumbled which ultimately lead to his benching (I think I heard something about him being hurt too).

I'd love to see that carries at about 60-40 Gore/Hunter.
Both are talented...get them on the field.
Originally posted by MarkD:
He scores one touchdown and you want to bench gore? I agree with having Hunter more involved in the game but common.

you dont seem to take the fumble into consideration. the one time he broke out for a huge 3 yard gain he put the ball on the grass. I bet Hunter breaks free for a big td against the eagles.
[ Edited by Humboldt9er on Sep 26, 2011 at 5:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone