More Hunter, Less Gore....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Context + Statistics > Statistics alone

You've entered the Zone. Leave your logic at the door.....

My apologies: AlEXX SmmiTH SUXXXX!! DoooD.

Is that better?

Next time you decided to cut and paste one of my posts you better ask permission.....

I'm confused; I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Side note: It's next time you "decide", not "decided".

Yes. That JUST happened.

I was poking fun at myself with the : Alexx Smmith Suxx dude, comment. As if it was my post.

But honestly, do you think you're cool because you picked up on a typo? Does that make you feel superior? Some of you guys are complete clowns. Its a fan forum, not a dissertation. I'm not worried about what some cyber nerd thinks, so I dont bother proof reading every one or two sentence post.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 26, 2011 at 10:06 PM ]
Gore can't run against a box 8. He just can't . Don't know if he has lost a step, but there is usually no hole there. Until opponents back off LOS, Hunter would be better choice, as he showed with both quickness and speed. IF OL happens to come around and can open holes for 2-3 yds, gore would be better choice. The way OL is currently not blocking , Hunter is the no brainer to carry the ball. Kid has moves, jukes, and dang is he fast. Wow. He is also hard to find. I do not think Hunter would hold up busting into the line like frank. Right now that is all we are seeing is box 8. Look at the film. Anytime we had a tight, bunched run set, frank got stuffed. So some of this is coaching also. Hard for me to believe JH didn't run that TD back and forth a bunch of times.

Is that better?

Next time you decided to cut and paste one of my posts you better ask permission.....

Yes. That JUST happened.

I was poking fun at myself with the : Alexx Smmith Suxx dude, comment. As if it was my post.

But honestly, do you think you're cool because you picked up on a typo? Does that make you feel superior? Some of you guys are complete clowns. Its a fan forum, not a dissertation. I'm not worried about what some cyber nerd thinks, so I dont bother proof reading every one or two sentence post.

Then why do you respond?

Is that better?

Yes. That JUST happened.

That should be "don't."
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Split time is good for Gore.

We've copied the NY Giants for years, why not implement their RB strategy?

Gore may not want the split time, but he needs it right now.

We've been copying NYG for years??? Uh, what exactly do u mean. About the only thing we have in common with the GIants is a QB who was a former 1st overall pick.
Btw, just wanted to point out that in the last 15 years, the only team to win its conference with a RB on a massive 2nd contract is the Rams with Faulk. Reggie Bush made a ton but he was on his rookie contract. The teams that make the Super Bowl do it without having signed/extended a back to a massive deal...
Btw, just wanted to point out that in the last 15 years, the only team to win its conference with a RB on a massive 2nd contract is the Rams with Faulk. Reggie Bush made a ton but he was on his rookie contract. The teams that make the Super Bowl do it without having signed/extended a back to a massive deal...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
So, how much money are we going to have to eat? They should never had given him that extension without seeing if that the hip fracture checked out.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 27, 2011 at 4:42 AM ]
Originally posted by andes14:

you planned on winning the NFC this year? lets not get carried away...
Originally posted by Niners99:
you planned on winning the NFC this year? lets not get carried away...

This year? Who said anything about this year, but is our goal NEVER gonna be to win the NFC and the Super Bowl?

Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Is that better?

Yes. That JUST happened.

That should be "don't."
proofreading is one word.
Back on topic... I'd like to see more Hunter. I love me some Gore but something is just not right this year. I understand the line is not opening the lanes like they should but the D always stacks the box when Gore is in. He doesn't have the speed to go outside and we don't take advantage of the stacked box. Even if we rotated Hunter and Gore, the box will still be stacked when Gore is in. Let Hunter play.
Until Gore's ankle mends he should be used sparingly, but there is no sign that he can't play when healthy. If he has lost a step then getting outside will be a problem.

Gore attracks attention when he is on the field, Hunter does not. So using Gore as a decoy or on short routes may be a way of backing off the box stuffing. The bottom line is that they will need more passing and more running from Smith to open things up and punish the D for concentrating on Gore. Crabtree looked pretty good and when Edwards returns it gives them quite a few options.
Its sad how quick some of you jump
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Its sad how quick some of you jump

This.
Share 49ersWebzone