There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

harbaugh vs raye

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
who the hell cares about yards look at the points scored
This !


yeah, who cares about yards!!!!!

wait, how do you get first downs again?

oh yeah, thats right, YARDS!

how do we win games?

o thats right points

OMG! Stop the presses, we beat SEA.

we have scored 40 more points than this time last year

its the defenses fault were not 2-0 not the offense so to compare and say the offense is same as last year is a joke in a shortened offseason we hae scored 40 more points than rays offense last year
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Sep 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
impact of lockout is just an excuse. i dont see other teams crying this crap. you play with the cards you or dealt and thats it. only passing the ball 22 times a game and ranking 31st in pass attempts is a joke. we arent even trying to move the ball. now i could understand being 31st in pass attempts if we could run the ball like minn(172.5 yds/g) and jax(137.5 yds/g) who are ranked 32nd and 30th in pass attempts right with us. but we are ranked 25th in rushing and avg less then 80 yds a game(79.5) with a 2.8 yd avg. all this while being ranked in the top 10 in att/g.

looking rusty, throwing ints, missing blocks, etc is the result of the lockout. lack of calling creative, aggressive plays is the result of harbaugh.


btw, sing didnt call plays, harbaugh does, and he approves every call before he relays it directly to alex. thats why "raye vs jh".

Impact of the lockout just an excuse??? Please pass what you're smoking.

Teams with new coaching staffs:
Carolina: 0-2 (lost to Ari & GB)
Minnessota: 0-2 (lost to SD & TB)
Tennessee: 1-1 (Beat Balt, Lost to Jacksonville)
Dallas: 1-1: (Beat Niners, lost to Jets)
Denver: 1-1 (Beat Cincy, lost to Oak)
Browns: 1-1 (Beat Manningless Colts, lost to Cincy)
Oakland: 1-1 (Beat Broncos, lost to Buffulo)

Out of all these teams, the only quality win (depending on how you view the niners) was against Baltimore. Otherwise its bad teams beating up on other bad teams with new coaching staffs.. or a manningless colts. And Dallas really doesnt belong here since Garrett has been a coach in waiting for the cowboys for 3 years.

So yeah the lockout is a pretty big factor, just wait till these teams start facing real competition.

Most of those teams are 1-1. What's your point? On top of that, their offenses are looking much better than ours.

These excuses are getting tiresome. It's official, there seems to be a new word about to come up: Harbexcuses.

1. Why aren't we running slant routes or routes across the middle: WCO is too complicated
2. Why can't we pass more: lockout year
3. Why can't we make halftime adjustments: We have the lead, don't need to.
4. Why do we suck during the 2nd half: WCO is too complicated to learn
5. Why are we so safe: project protect Alex from boos.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
impact of lockout is just an excuse. i dont see other teams crying this crap. you play with the cards you or dealt and thats it. only passing the ball 22 times a game and ranking 31st in pass attempts is a joke. we arent even trying to move the ball. now i could understand being 31st in pass attempts if we could run the ball like minn(172.5 yds/g) and jax(137.5 yds/g) who are ranked 32nd and 30th in pass attempts right with us. but we are ranked 25th in rushing and avg less then 80 yds a game(79.5) with a 2.8 yd avg. all this while being ranked in the top 10 in att/g.

looking rusty, throwing ints, missing blocks, etc is the result of the lockout. lack of calling creative, aggressive plays is the result of harbaugh.


btw, sing didnt call plays, harbaugh does, and he approves every call before he relays it directly to alex. thats why "raye vs jh".

Impact of the lockout just an excuse??? Please pass what you're smoking.

Teams with new coaching staffs:
Carolina: 0-2 (lost to Ari & GB)
Minnessota: 0-2 (lost to SD & TB)
Tennessee: 1-1 (Beat Balt, Lost to Jacksonville)
Dallas: 1-1: (Beat Niners, lost to Jets)
Denver: 1-1 (Beat Cincy, lost to Oak)
Browns: 1-1 (Beat Manningless Colts, lost to Cincy)
Oakland: 1-1 (Beat Broncos, lost to Buffulo)

Out of all these teams, the only quality win (depending on how you view the niners) was against Baltimore. Otherwise its bad teams beating up on other bad teams with new coaching staffs.. or a manningless colts. And Dallas really doesnt belong here since Garrett has been a coach in waiting for the cowboys for 3 years.

So yeah the lockout is a pretty big factor, just wait till these teams start facing real competition.


thats nice but it shows absolutely nothing.... normally teams are bad and thats why they hired a new hc in the first place. winning teams rarely let their hc go.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
who the hell cares about yards look at the points scored
This !


yeah, who cares about yards!!!!!

wait, how do you get first downs again?

oh yeah, thats right, YARDS!

how do we win games?

o thats right points

OMG! Stop the presses, we beat SEA.

we have scored 40 more points than this time last year

its the defenses fault were not 2-0 not the offense so to compare and say the offense is same as last year is a joke in a shortened offseason we hae scored 40 more points than rays offense last year

How about the 2nd half? It is a full game and let's focus on only points scored by the offense.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 21, 2011 at 11:07 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
who the hell cares about yards look at the points scored
This !


yeah, who cares about yards!!!!!

wait, how do you get first downs again?

oh yeah, thats right, YARDS!

how do we win games?

o thats right points

OMG! Stop the presses, we beat SEA.

we have scored 40 more points than this time last year

its the defenses fault were not 2-0 not the offense so to compare and say the offense is same as last year is a joke in a shortened offseason we hae scored 40 more points than rays offense last year

How about the 2nd half? It is a full game and let's focus on only points scored by the offense.

i didnt say we made a complete 180 turnaround were still a work in progress but to say our offense looks the same as last year is just stupid
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by English:
No. Impact of lockout on Harbaugh and the team. Discuss.

Anyway you arent comparing like with like. HC compared with OC.

impact of lockout is just an excuse. i dont see other teams crying this crap. you play with the cards you or dealt and thats it. only passing the ball 22 times a game and ranking 31st in pass attempts is a joke. we arent even trying to move the ball. now i could understand being 31st in pass attempts if we could run the ball like minn(172.5 yds/g) and jax(137.5 yds/g) who are ranked 32nd and 30th in pass attempts right with us. but we are ranked 25th in rushing and avg less then 80 yds a game(79.5) with a 2.8 yd avg. all this while being ranked in the top 10 in att/g.

looking rusty, throwing ints, missing blocks, etc is the result of the lockout. lack of calling creative, aggressive plays is the result of harbaugh.


btw, sing didnt call plays, harbaugh does, and he approves every call before he relays it directly to alex. thats why "raye vs jh".

In your world, what colour is the sky? Of course Harbaugh needed time to take a rudderless team which had not known decent coaching for nearly a decade (aside from briefly under Norv) and start to develop players and build a team. This is not done overnight.

I am seriously starting to wonder about Niner Talk. What are you people on? What did you expect, a magic wand and every game will be won? Aggressive offense (and D) is built on training and preparation. Which takes time.

How many other teams are having this much difficulty passing the ball? Having a rookie QB in a lockout is much worse than having a 7-year veteran in a lockout year.


obviously this cat doesnt watch the nfl as a whole. sam bradford in our own div didnt even get a playbook till after the lockout i believe(something happened here, i cant remember for sure) and josh mcdaniels is having bradford throw the ball all over the field with no talent at wr with a rookie te.

get used to it folks, this is your new 49er offense.
Okay, trolling confirmed. No longer feel the need to argue this with you anymore.


keep your blinders on, thats fine. but if you think one sunday morning we are just going to all of a sudden be this different offense then you are kidding yourself. what you see is what you get.

maybe i am being to critical here. after all we havent had edwards or crabs together on the field. but when they were on the field, i didnt see any signs of them being a huge factor in this offense.

if we finish the year ranked higher then 20th in pass attempts per game we will not win many games imho.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
who the hell cares about yards look at the points scored
This !


yeah, who cares about yards!!!!!

wait, how do you get first downs again?

oh yeah, thats right, YARDS!

how do we win games?

o thats right points

OMG! Stop the presses, we beat SEA.

we have scored 40 more points than this time last year

its the defenses fault were not 2-0 not the offense so to compare and say the offense is same as last year is a joke in a shortened offseason we hae scored 40 more points than rays offense last year


thats wrong, our offense scored 24 against dallas and 19 against sea. thats 43 points total.

last year week one we scored 6 vs sea and week two 22 against the saints. thats 28 points total.

15 points is a far cry from 40...

the ones who support jh the most always seem to know the least and just make things up.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
who the hell cares about yards look at the points scored
This !


yeah, who cares about yards!!!!!

wait, how do you get first downs again?

oh yeah, thats right, YARDS!

how do we win games?

o thats right points

OMG! Stop the presses, we beat SEA.

we have scored 40 more points than this time last year

its the defenses fault were not 2-0 not the offense so to compare and say the offense is same as last year is a joke in a shortened offseason we hae scored 40 more points than rays offense last year

How about the 2nd half? It is a full game and let's focus on only points scored by the offense.

i didnt say we made a complete 180 turnaround were still a work in progress but to say our offense looks the same as last year is just stupid


6 pass attempts in the 2nd half sunday!!!!! wtf does that look like to you? you have no clue what you are watching imho!
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 21, 2011 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Yep, we're worse.
Harbaugh sucks.
Boooooooooooo.



who said anything about being worse? but we sure arent much better.

Yep, we aren't much better.
Harbaugh sucks.
Boooooooooooo.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Yep, we're worse.
Harbaugh sucks.
Boooooooooooo.



who said anything about being worse? but we sure arent much better.

Yep, we aren't much better.
Harbaugh sucks.
Boooooooooooo.


those are two of the most insightful post i have ever had the pleasure of reading. thank you for your extremely valuable input, you are a great contributor to this community.

really, thanks again.
We are MUCH better under Harbaugh. However, the only difference between this year and last year is we have minimized penalties and mental errors which has allowed us to beat SEA.

Other than that, the predictability hasn't changed and the safe philosophy hasn't changed.
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by English:
No. Impact of lockout on Harbaugh and the team. Discuss.

Anyway you arent comparing like with like. HC compared with OC.

impact of lockout is just an excuse. i dont see other teams crying this crap. you play with the cards you or dealt and thats it. only passing the ball 22 times a game and ranking 31st in pass attempts is a joke. we arent even trying to move the ball. now i could understand being 31st in pass attempts if we could run the ball like minn(172.5 yds/g) and jax(137.5 yds/g) who are ranked 32nd and 30th in pass attempts right with us. but we are ranked 25th in rushing and avg less then 80 yds a game(79.5) with a 2.8 yd avg. all this while being ranked in the top 10 in att/g.

looking rusty, throwing ints, missing blocks, etc is the result of the lockout. lack of calling creative, aggressive plays is the result of harbaugh.


btw, sing didnt call plays, harbaugh does, and he approves every call before he relays it directly to alex. thats why "raye vs jh".

In your world, what colour is the sky? Of course Harbaugh needed time to take a rudderless team which had not known decent coaching for nearly a decade (aside from briefly under Norv) and start to develop players and build a team. This is not done overnight.

I am seriously starting to wonder about Niner Talk. What are you people on? What did you expect, a magic wand and every game will be won? Aggressive offense (and D) is built on training and preparation. Which takes time.

How many other teams are having this much difficulty passing the ball? Having a rookie QB in a lockout is much worse than having a 7-year veteran in a lockout year.


obviously this cat doesnt watch the nfl as a whole. sam bradford in our own div didnt even get a playbook till after the lockout i believe(something happened here, i cant remember for sure) and josh mcdaniels is having bradford throw the ball all over the field with no talent at wr with a rookie te.

get used to it folks, this is your new 49er offense.
Okay, trolling confirmed. No longer feel the need to argue this with you anymore.


keep your blinders on, thats fine. but if you think one sunday morning we are just going to all of a sudden be this different offense then you are kidding yourself. what you see is what you get.

maybe i am being to critical here. after all we havent had edwards or crabs together on the field. but when they were on the field, i didnt see any signs of them being a huge factor in this offense.

if we finish the year ranked higher then 20th in pass attempts per game we will not win many games imho.

So you think that the offense that we see during the second week of the season after only a handful of practices in the offseason is the offense we'll have for all of the Jim Harbaugh reign? Yeah, IM the one with the blinders on.

Do I think one Sunday we'll just be completely different? No. But do I think we'll keep implementing different things each week until we finally start using the full playbook? Yes. That's kinda proven by Snyder saying we only used 5% of the playbook in the Seahawk game.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We are MUCH better under Harbaugh. However, the only difference between this year and last year is we have minimized penalties and mental errors which has allowed us to beat SEA.

Other than that, the predictability hasn't changed and the safe philosophy hasn't changed.


not sure we are any better really. if not for ginn saving us against sea who knows how that would have turned out and sea is one of the worst teams in the nfl. all i know is that i had that sinking feeling in my gut right before ginn took over. i could feel the loss coming. also the penalties are still coming at critical times too. one could argue that penalties lost us the game.

are we better? i dont think so.

are we better off with jh? hmmmmm, im starting to wonder!!!
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by English:
No. Impact of lockout on Harbaugh and the team. Discuss.

Anyway you arent comparing like with like. HC compared with OC.

impact of lockout is just an excuse. i dont see other teams crying this crap. you play with the cards you or dealt and thats it. only passing the ball 22 times a game and ranking 31st in pass attempts is a joke. we arent even trying to move the ball. now i could understand being 31st in pass attempts if we could run the ball like minn(172.5 yds/g) and jax(137.5 yds/g) who are ranked 32nd and 30th in pass attempts right with us. but we are ranked 25th in rushing and avg less then 80 yds a game(79.5) with a 2.8 yd avg. all this while being ranked in the top 10 in att/g.

looking rusty, throwing ints, missing blocks, etc is the result of the lockout. lack of calling creative, aggressive plays is the result of harbaugh.


btw, sing didnt call plays, harbaugh does, and he approves every call before he relays it directly to alex. thats why "raye vs jh".

In your world, what colour is the sky? Of course Harbaugh needed time to take a rudderless team which had not known decent coaching for nearly a decade (aside from briefly under Norv) and start to develop players and build a team. This is not done overnight.

I am seriously starting to wonder about Niner Talk. What are you people on? What did you expect, a magic wand and every game will be won? Aggressive offense (and D) is built on training and preparation. Which takes time.

How many other teams are having this much difficulty passing the ball? Having a rookie QB in a lockout is much worse than having a 7-year veteran in a lockout year.


obviously this cat doesnt watch the nfl as a whole. sam bradford in our own div didnt even get a playbook till after the lockout i believe(something happened here, i cant remember for sure) and josh mcdaniels is having bradford throw the ball all over the field with no talent at wr with a rookie te.

get used to it folks, this is your new 49er offense.
Okay, trolling confirmed. No longer feel the need to argue this with you anymore.


keep your blinders on, thats fine. but if you think one sunday morning we are just going to all of a sudden be this different offense then you are kidding yourself. what you see is what you get.

maybe i am being to critical here. after all we havent had edwards or crabs together on the field. but when they were on the field, i didnt see any signs of them being a huge factor in this offense.

if we finish the year ranked higher then 20th in pass attempts per game we will not win many games imho.

So you think that the offense that we see during the second week of the season after only a handful of practices in the offseason is the offense we'll have for all of the Jim Harbaugh reign? Yeah, IM the one with the blinders on.

Do I think one Sunday we'll just be completely different? No. But do I think we'll keep implementing different things each week until we finally start using the full playbook? Yes. That's kinda proven by Snyder saying we only used 5% of the playbook in the Seahawk game.

I didn't see anything new from week 1 to week 2. I don't think we will see anything new for week 3. If we have a strong full game, it will be because the OL breaks it lose for Gore.
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
those are two of the most insightful post i have ever had the pleasure of reading. thank you for your extremely valuable input, you are a great contributor to this community.

really, thanks again.


It's not to hard to tell that some, or many, of the posters here are under 40 yrs. old. You guys grew up with micro-wave dinners, remote controls, texting, instant this and that. You expect things to change quickly because you live in a quick world. Football is old and it takes TIME to create lasting change. Looking back on the past 8 yrs. or so, the new coaching staff has much to revamp, the players have much t intergrate into their game. It takes TIME!
...