LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CINCINNATI BENGALS PRE-GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
The bold is all questionable.

Cedric Benson: 180 yds 4.5 per carry
Frank Gore: 106 yds, 2.5 per carry

Andy Dalton: 413 yds, 7.4 per, 105.7 rating (rookie alert!!)
Alex Smith: 303 yds, 6.9 per, 95.2

WR neat-o stat that hits us in the gut

AJ Green: 11 rec, 165 yds, 15.0 avg, 2TD, 4 rec 20+ (rookie alert!!)
SF: no receiver in the top 50

You were saying case closed?

Bengals Offense >>> Niners Offense and it's not because of Alex Smith

stats do not do any justice for the wr's and smith. Not when we run soo much these past 2 games
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Over expectations? Since when is expecting a victory over a bad to mediocre team an "over reaction"? We are a better team than them, this is a game we should win. I predicted the Niners would beat Dallas, now I can see people calling that an "over expectation" as most people were saying they were gonna beat us down. In the end we lost but I never felt I was overreaching by predicting a W.

We have not made the play offs in almost 10 years. I have plenty or reasons to be pessimistic.
LMAO at some of you being scared of the Bungles.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
NO ...... just another plain empty opinion , reality will come the minute the game is over , and the Bungals won't have to limp very far.

And if we lose, what will your empty opinion look like?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Scared? Nobody is scared but you all keep hyping up these Alex Smith and Offensive stats but when the Bengals stats are shown it's a big joke? They are better than us in every offensive category.

Forreallzzzzzz.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Bengals aren't better than us. Their run D has let rbs run 3.5 yds/carry both of the first two games. Gore should be the difference assuming our o-line run-blocking improves which it should since they don't really have a stud pass rusher to deal with, and our run defense should easily stop benson. Our pass rush is lightyears ahead of theirs.

The fact that we kept that cowboys game so close says a lot, that was one of the games on our schedule that no one should have expected us to realistically win(along with the eagles and steelers games)...They have a QB who can take the risky long shots down the field, and a solid pass rush. Heck romo played with a punctured lung and had kitna been in we likely would have won. That's how close we are to being 2-0 right now.

I don't think we will, but If we lose to a rookie QB taken one spot ahead of where we picked kaepernick...it won't bode well for what's going to happen the rest of the season. This should be a clear W. If we lose to these guys we definitely lose against the lions, bucs, skins and maybe even browns.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by Uppercut:
The Bengals are better than the 49ers. Harsh Reality.

Are u on f**kin crack?

Alex>Dalton...Yes.
Gore>Benson
Braylon+Crabs+Morgan>Whoever the f**k they have
Justin Smith and Co. > Whoerver and Co.
Willis&Co.>Malaulaga&Co.
Goldson+Rogers+Whitner>Clements+Mays whoever else
Andy Lee>Whoever
Akers>Whoever
Ginn>Whoever.

Case f**kin Closed

Gore>Benson because Benson will not be able to run on our defense.

Stats win on the QB one, but i still think Smith will be the better QB on sunday

If we have Braylon, Crabs, Morgan in the lineup..thats a lot better than one AJ Green.

Benson won't need to run on our defense. CIN will throw the ball on us and beat us just like every other team we keep under 100 yards rushing.

I don't know if Smith is the better QB but I consider their stats comparable considered Harbaugh isn't "freeing Smith". This one is on Harbaugh. He keeps calling games like this and we will keep losing.

I don't think our WR's combined have more total numbers than AJ Green.

At the end of the day, CIN offense is FAR more potent than ours and they have done this on the road. They will be much better at home. Our offense, history says, will play worse on the road.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Over expectations? Since when is expecting a victory over a bad to mediocre team an "over reaction"? We are a better team than them, this is a game we should win. I predicted the Niners would beat Dallas, now I can see people calling that an "over expectation" as most people were saying they were gonna beat us down. In the end we lost but I never felt I was overreaching by predicting a W.

We have not made the play offs in almost 10 years. I have plenty or reasons to be pessimistic.

They have a rookie qb, NO defense, and our run defense>>>>>their run offense. DONE f**kING DEAL
The Bengals are better than the 49ers. Harsh Reality.

Are u on f**kin crack?

Alex>Dalton...Yes.
Gore>Benson
Braylon+Crabs+Morgan>Whoever the f**k they have
Justin Smith and Co. > Whoerver and Co.
Willis&Co.>Malaulaga&Co.
Goldson+Rogers+Whitner>Clements+Mays whoever else
Andy Lee>Whoever
Akers>Whoever
Ginn>Whoever.

Case f**kin Closed

Gore>Benson because Benson will not be able to run on our defense.

Stats win on the QB one, but i still think Smith will be the better QB on sunday

If we have Braylon, Crabs, Morgan in the lineup..thats a lot better than one AJ Green.

Benson won't need to run on our defense. CIN will throw the ball on us and beat us just like every other team we keep under 100 yards rushing.

I don't know if Smith is the better QB but I consider their stats comparable considered Harbaugh isn't "freeing Smith". This one is on Harbaugh. He keeps calling games like this and we will keep losing.

I don't think our WR's combined have more total numbers than AJ Green.

At the end of the day, CIN offense is FAR more potent than ours and they have done this on the road. They will be much better at home. Our offense, history says, will play worse on the road.

Far More Potent yeah.....on the Broncos and Browns

Forreallzzzzzz.

quoted for later use.......like..........Monday.
They have a rookie qb, NO defense, and our run defense>>>>>their run offense. DONE f**kING DEAL

A Rookie with better numbers than Smith and a Running game with better numbers than ours. How is this a Done Deal?

A Rookie with better numbers than Smith and a Running game with better numbers than ours. How is this a Done Deal?

On the Broncos and Browns dog! get that thru ur head.
If a team is sooooo much better than us..they should at least be good enough to beat the f**kin broncos
On the Broncos and Browns dog! get that thru ur head.
If a team is sooooo much better than us..they should at least be good enough to beat the f**kin broncos

Did you forget we played the Seahawks? The worst team in the entire NFL? Did you see what Smith put up?
Lol I guess since we arent gonna beat the bangels then we should expect to go 1-15 on the year, sweeing as how at he beginning of the year pretty much everyone would agree that this was a W
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone