***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CINCINNATI BENGALS PRE-GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Uppercut:
The Bengals are better than the 49ers. Harsh Reality.

Are u on f**kin crack?

Alex>Dalton...Yes.
Gore>Benson
Braylon+Crabs+Morgan>Whoever the f**k they have
Justin Smith and Co. > Whoerver and Co.
Willis&Co.>Malaulaga&Co.
Goldson+Rogers+Whitner>Clements+Mays whoever else
Andy Lee>Whoever
Akers>Whoever
Ginn>Whoever.

Case f**kin Closed

The bold is all questionable.

Cedric Benson: 180 yds 4.5 per carry
Frank Gore: 106 yds, 2.5 per carry

Andy Dalton: 413 yds, 7.4 per, 105.7 rating (rookie alert!!)
Alex Smith: 303 yds, 6.9 per, 95.2

WR neat-o stat that hits us in the gut

AJ Green: 11 rec, 165 yds, 15.0 avg, 2TD, 4 rec 20+ (rookie alert!!)
SF: no receiver in the top 50

You were saying case closed?

Bengals Offense >>> Niners Offense and it's not because of Alex Smith

Gore>Benson because Benson will not be able to run on our defense.

Stats win on the QB one, but i still think Smith will be the better QB on sunday

If we have Braylon, Crabs, Morgan in the lineup..thats a lot better than one AJ Green.

Benson won't need to run on our defense. CIN will throw the ball on us and beat us just like every other team we keep under 100 yards rushing.

I don't know if Smith is the better QB but I consider their stats comparable considered Harbaugh isn't "freeing Smith". This one is on Harbaugh. He keeps calling games like this and we will keep losing.

I don't think our WR's combined have more total numbers than AJ Green.

At the end of the day, CIN offense is FAR more potent than ours and they have done this on the road. They will be much better at home. Our offense, history says, will play worse on the road.

Far More Potent yeah.....on the Broncos and Browns

Taveras Jackson behind a decimated OL went 197 and 2 TD on us at our house. A back up DAL QB threw a TD against us and their cripple starter lit us up.

I'm expecting Dalton and AJ Green to have success.
On the Broncos and Browns dog! get that thru ur head.
If a team is sooooo much better than us..they should at least be good enough to beat the f**kin broncos

Did you forget we played the Seahawks? The worst team in the entire NFL? Did you see what Smith put up?

Yeah i remember when we played the Seahawks...yeah, i remember when Smith barely got a chance to throw the ball with the play calling. Yeah, and i also remember when Harbaugh dialed up a lengthy pass play, Smith answered with Completetions. Same thing with the Cowboys game. i.e. Kyle Williams TD, Delanie TD.

So i suggest u watch some film first before u realize Smith is actually becoming a good qb this year. Dont care what anyone says
  • mike
  • Veteran
On the Broncos and Browns dog! get that thru ur head.
If a team is sooooo much better than us..they should at least be good enough to beat the f**kin broncos

Apparently 2 weeks= a whole season.

Newton threw more yards than rodgers in the first 2 weeks guys! He's the better QB! lmao.

Gore will NOT average 2.5/carry the whole year, the o-line should be able to rush block the bengals...
It amazes me how some of you would rather see this team lose than win.
THANK YOU. Jesus some people just think our team will go 1-15 after one f**king loss. pathetic.
[ Edited by GuessWhosOn3rd on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:30 PM ]
The Bengals are better than the 49ers. Harsh Reality.

Are u on f**kin crack?

Alex>Dalton...Yes.
Gore>Benson
Braylon+Crabs+Morgan>Whoever the f**k they have
Justin Smith and Co. > Whoerver and Co.
Willis&Co.>Malaulaga&Co.
Goldson+Rogers+Whitner>Clements+Mays whoever else
Andy Lee>Whoever
Akers>Whoever
Ginn>Whoever.

Case f**kin Closed

The bold is all questionable.

Cedric Benson: 180 yds 4.5 per carry
Frank Gore: 106 yds, 2.5 per carry

Andy Dalton: 413 yds, 7.4 per, 105.7 rating (rookie alert!!)
Alex Smith: 303 yds, 6.9 per, 95.2

WR neat-o stat that hits us in the gut

AJ Green: 11 rec, 165 yds, 15.0 avg, 2TD, 4 rec 20+ (rookie alert!!)
SF: no receiver in the top 50

You were saying case closed?

Bengals Offense >>> Niners Offense and it's not because of Alex Smith

Gore>Benson because Benson will not be able to run on our defense.

Stats win on the QB one, but i still think Smith will be the better QB on sunday

If we have Braylon, Crabs, Morgan in the lineup..thats a lot better than one AJ Green.

Benson won't need to run on our defense. CIN will throw the ball on us and beat us just like every other team we keep under 100 yards rushing.

I don't know if Smith is the better QB but I consider their stats comparable considered Harbaugh isn't "freeing Smith". This one is on Harbaugh. He keeps calling games like this and we will keep losing.

I don't think our WR's combined have more total numbers than AJ Green.

At the end of the day, CIN offense is FAR more potent than ours and they have done this on the road. They will be much better at home. Our offense, history says, will play worse on the road.

Far More Potent yeah.....on the Broncos and Browns

Taveras Jackson behind a decimated OL went 197 and 2 TD on us at our house. A back up DAL QB threw a TD against us and their cripple starter lit us up.

I'm expecting Dalton and AJ Green to have success.

The hawks had to open up he passinggame being down by more than 2 TDs. It's what teams do when they are behind (Henne in wk 1).

And kitna threw 2 picks in that game and his touchdown came after Alex threw an interception deep in our end. There's a reason the cowboys dragged romo back out there, Kitna wasn't getting it done.
Yeah i remember when we played the Seahawks...yeah, i remember when Smith barely got a chance to throw the ball with the play calling. Yeah, and i also remember when Harbaugh dialed up a lengthy pass play, Smith answered with Completetions. Same thing with the Cowboys game. i.e. Kyle Williams TD, Delanie TD.

So i suggest u watch some film first before u realize Smith is actually becoming a good qb this year. Dont care what anyone says

He's becoming a good QB this year? Based off 2 games and a history of being trash? People like you are willing to go 15 years with a losing record because you have Jesus like hope that Smith will take us somewhere. By week 8 he'll be back to his normal deer in the headlights self.

He's becoming a good QB this year? Based off 2 games and a history of being trash? People like you are willing to go 15 years with a losing record because you have Jesus like hope that Smith will take us somewhere. By week 8 he'll be back to his normal deer in the headlights self.

So Based off 2 games Daltons all of a sudden better than Smith? Bensons better than Gore? off 2 games right??? Exactly. Caught ya!

And yes, based off 2 games, ive seen nothing but Good from smith. if u havent idk what ur seeing.
So Based off 2 games Daltons all of a sudden better than Smith? Bensons better than Gore? off 2 games right??? Exactly. Caught ya!

And yes, based off 2 games, ive seen nothing but Good from smith. if u havent idk what ur seeing.

Your logic fails here because we have 56 games and a losing career record to evaluate Smith by vs a Rookie who already is looking better than Smith.

Your logic fails here because we have 56 games and a losing career record to evaluate Smith by vs a Rookie who already is looking better than Smith.

YEAH OBV Smith f**king blowed in his previous years!!!! thats not what im saying dog!

Im saying hes becoming better in these 2 weeks than he ever was. And theres no way u cant agree. hes been on point on his passes.
[ Edited by GuessWhosOn3rd on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:39 PM ]

49ers 34
Bengals 13
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
It amazes me how some of you would rather see this team lose than win.

Yeah, we really want the 49ers to lose.
YEAH OBV Smith f**king blowed in his previous years!!!! thats not what im saying dog!

Im saying hes becoming better in these 2 weeks than he ever was. And theres no way u cant agree. hes been on point on his passes.

I'll reserve my judgement until week 8. How many times have we seen him play decent then turning back to garbage like any NFL back up would? I will not get excited this soon. It's not like he's come out playing lights out. He looks OK so far, I'll give him that.
  • mike
  • Veteran

You have zero logic to even draw upon, you can't fairly evaluate someone who has zero history with someone in the league for 6 years... You can't point at 6 years of losses when that rookie hasn't yet had the chance to lose for 6 years or even one lol.

So take all the history and shove it. Dalton today has played two games against mediocre if not downright horrible pass defenses. It's not like he's thrown for outlandish stats like cam newton, he has managed to play a clean pick free game but hasn't exactly done anything Smith hasn't done in his past. Smith has a few 300 yd games in his history, especially if the team is down and he actually has to throw the ball.

It's also just not fair to just look at dalton's week 2, in which he threw the ball 41 times in one game, while smith has only been allowed to throw the ball 42 times combined in 2 weeks. He has done everything the coaches have asked of him but they've never let him free.
- Alex Smith has shown improvement in these last two games.

-Alex Smith is STILL not very good!

-The Niners and Alex Smith will very likely beat the bungles.

24-17 niners!
Share 49ersWebzone