LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CINCINNATI BENGALS PRE-GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Post your pre-gameday musings in this thread.

Can Manny cover Vernon? Let's hope we get a chance to find out.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers +1.5

27-13 9ers
It's the whole west coast teams vs Eastern time zones thing. Oh well. I don't bet on points
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow didn't know Andy Dalton passed for 330 yards and 2 TD's. Also AJ Green with 124 rec. yards.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow didn't know Andy Dalton passed for 330 yards and 2 TD's. Also AJ Green with 124 rec. yards.

but but they just played a bad team who had no offseason.

(just posting the generic niner fan response to discredited every other QB that passes for 300 yards)

31-17 Niners
I have a baaaaaad feeling about this game. We let one slip through our hands Sunday and CIN is playing well. We can't win on the East Coast on the road...

baaaad feeling. The loss to DAL could possibly turn our season to a "well, let's start experimenting" year.

Originally posted by Joecool:
I have a baaaaaad feeling about this game. We let one slip through our hands Sunday and CIN is playing well. We can't win on the East Coast on the road...

baaaad feeling. The loss to DAL could possibly turn our season to a "well, let's start experimenting" year.
I had the Niners projected to make a five game losing streak after the win vs. Seattle, and I am sticking to my guns. The front end of the schedule is more difficult than the back end. But, I think the Niners will be 1-5 at some point, and it can easily happen if they lose this week.
Cinci is having issues on defense-

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110919/SPT02/109200323/Lapses-cost-defense?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Bengals
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This is a tough game for me to pick, the Bengals are a young team but defense isn't that bad and this is their home opener so you know they will be jacked. The niners just dont play good on the road and especially 10 am games.

Im gonna have to pick to Bengals in this one, until Alex Smith shows me that he can lead a team to victory in a hostile road game I cant pick the niners.

23-20 Bengals
[ Edited by susweel on Sep 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
We need this game because we'll have the Eagles after.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Cinci is having issues on defense-

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110919/SPT02/109200323/Lapses-cost-defense?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Bengals

And we will do nothing to take advantage of their weakness because their weakness on defense is also our weakness on offense.

"Another creeping concern is that through two games the Bengals have given up four pass plays of 25 yards or more."

Man, I didn't realize it will be there home opener. CIN fans are chomping at the bits to go 2-1 with the Niners coming into town.
Share 49ersWebzone