LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CINCINNATI BENGALS PRE-GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
And we will do nothing to take advantage of their weakness because their weakness on defense is also our weakness on offense.

"Another creeping concern is that through two games the Bengals have given up four pass plays of 25 yards or more."

Man, I didn't realize it will be there home opener. CIN fans are chomping at the bits to go 2-1 with the Niners coming into town.

They're chomping so much the game was a announced as black-out last week, even before they lost to Denver.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/17/bengals-week-three-game-already-blacked-out/
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Sep 20, 2011 at 11:28 AM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
And we will do nothing to take advantage of their weakness because their weakness on defense is also our weakness on offense.

"Another creeping concern is that through two games the Bengals have given up four pass plays of 25 yards or more."

Man, I didn't realize it will be there home opener. CIN fans are chomping at the bits to go 2-1 with the Niners coming into town.

Their chomping so much the game was a announced as black-out last week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/17/bengals-week-three-game-already-blacked-out/

Yeah, they are chomping for CIN to prove to them and get to 2-1 so they have a reason to go to the games. The team must prove it first and they are playing well and I'm sure they are not going to go with Jim Harbaugh...cough...Jimmy Raye ball with their young inexperience QB.
Really? Cincy's gonna be chomping at the bit? We just lost at home in the 4th qtr, I think we will want it more
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Really? Cincy's gonna be chomping at the bit? We just lost at home in the 4th qtr, I think we will want it more

Let me see:

CIN: home opener with a chance to go 2-1 and rally the fans.
SF: have done nothing but played conservative and have yet to offensively take a team by the throat and end it.

We are what we are and I bet CIN goes for the jugular big plays and we sit there and watch hoping they make a mistake with our average 200 yards of total offense per game. We just played a decimated secondary and were NOT chomping at the bit to accept a penalty to put us into better scoring position. I'm sorry, but that's not chomping...that's deferring.
I'm sure Jim will get some tips from his bro, since they play the bengals twice a year.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I'm sure Jim will get some tips from his bro, since they play the bengals twice a year.

Bengals are playing well.
Rankings

OFFENSE
Passing yds/gm
CIN: 18
SF: 29

Rushing yds/gm
CIN: 15
SF: 26

DEFENSE
vs the pass
CIN: 8
SF: 25

vs the run
CIN: 16
SF: 1 (teams don't run on us...they pass)

So, yes, CIN is going to be chomping at the bit to play us so they can go 2-1 and say Ocho/Palmer who with their rookie freaking QB who has a season rating of 105 with a rookie freaking WR!!! Does anyone know who the other WR's are?

And yet we keep making excuses for why this and that because we don't have talent...
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 20, 2011 at 11:56 AM ]
First NFL road game for HC Harbaugh - could this be a "learning experience"?
Might Clements, Lawson and Mays provide a "Michael Robinson Effect"?
If offensively conservative in the friendly confines of The Stick, how conservative will the play-calling be for the 1st game in a hostile environment?
Can any safety on this team learn to break-up a pass and take a proper tackling angle as the last line of defense?
Will the Bengals really fear a Niner offense with Ginn and Morgan as the starting WR?
Why should the OL be expected to perform better in Cincinnati, than at The Stick?

Until I see the team perform otherwise, I expect the Niners to play nothing but close, low-scoring games against other sub-average NFL clubs (like Cincinnati). Even if the Niners win the turnover ratio, as they did aginst Dallas, they will struggle and be vulnerable to the big play.

Hoping for the best in Cincinnati, but expecting a 16-13 type game that could go either way.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
If offensively conservative in the friendly confines of The Stick, how conservative will the play-calling be for the 1st game in a hostile environment?
Can any safety on this team learn to break-up a pass and take a proper tackling angle as the last line of defense?
Will the Bengals really fear a Niner offense with Ginn and Morgan as the starting WR?
Why should the OL be expected to perform better in Cincinnati, than at The Stick?

Until I see the team perform otherwise, I expect the Niners to play nothing but close, low-scoring games against other sub-average NFL clubs (like Cincinnati). Even if the Niners win the turnover ratio, as they did aginst Dallas, they will struggle and be vulnerable to the big play.

Hoping for the best in Cincinnati, but expecting a 16-13 type game that could go either way.

They are playing above sub-average this year. They are playing very solid, especially on offense.

You also forgot to add, can our coach make the correct halftime adjustments and not sphincter up during the game and hand some confidence to the players?

I'm sorry, but Harbaugh doesn't get a pass and is just as responsible for us losing one game and being pathetic on offense for the second half of two games now.

Rankings

OFFENSE
Passing yds/gm

Rushing yds/gm

DEFENSE
vs the pass

vs the run

So, yes, CIN is going to be chomping at the bit to play us so they can go 2-1 and say Ocho/Palmer who with their rookie freaking QB who has a season rating of 105 with a rookie freaking WR!!! Does anyone know who the other WR's are?

And yet we keep making excuses for why this and that because we don't have talent...

You got those two flipped. SF is ranked #8 against the pass and CIN is #25. I also have issue with your presumption that teams don't try to run on us. 44 attempts at 2.5 yards per attempt (lowest in the league), says differently.
Originally posted by jimbagg:

These are good questions, I think we're going to lose.

I'm trying to reverse my psyche, let's see what happens.

Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Rankings

OFFENSE
Passing yds/gm

Rushing yds/gm

DEFENSE
vs the pass

vs the run

You got those two flipped. SF is ranked #8 against the pass and CIN is #25. I also have issue with your presumption that teams don't try to run on us. 44 attempts at 2.5 yards per attempt (lowest in the league), says differently.

Nope, it is correct. SF vs the pass in terms of yards per game is ranked 25 and CIN is ranked 8th.

Teams don't beat us by running on us. They don't need to. The passing stats prove it.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
This game is huge for us. After this we play @Philly, got Tampa Bay at home and then @Detroit. That is a very tough 3 game stretch.
Nope, it is correct. SF vs the pass in terms of yards per game is ranked 25 and CIN is ranked 8th.

Teams don't beat us by running on us. They don't need to. The passing stats prove it.

nvm, i just rechecked. ESPNs list is fubar and misleading. Checked NFL.com
This game is more of a home game than the cowboy game was.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
This game is more of a home game than the cowboy game was.

Maybe Jed and Denise will bus in half of Youngstown to root for the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone