LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 273 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CINCINNATI BENGALS PRE-GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Niners have been down right awful in 10am east coast games. Let's hope that changes this week. If our front 7 on D can slam Dalton to the ground 5-7 times we should be ok.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Niners have been down right awful in 10am east coast games. Let's hope that changes this week. If our front 7 on D can slam Dalton to the ground 5-7 times we should be ok.

Not going to matter. Andy Dalton, a rookie, has been sacked 5 times. Alex Smith has been sacked 6 times. Here's the numbers.

Rating:
AD: 105.7
AS: 95.2

Yd/pass
AD: 7.4
AS: 6.9

%
AD: 66.1
AS: 70

Yds/Gm
AD: 206.5
AS: 151.5
Whatever I'm over the Alex Smith s**t. He sucks, we all know it. Harbaugh has him on a 1 year leash then he is free to go after any qb he wants. While we have kapernick learning what not to do by watching Alex. We're just trying to survive this year.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Not going to matter. Andy Dalton, a rookie, has been sacked 5 times. Alex Smith has been sacked 6 times. Here's the numbers.

Rating:

Yd/pass

%

Yds/Gm

Nobody here will care.They'll find a reason why they think Alex is better.
Are we the only team without a 200 yard passer this year? Sure feels like it.

It almost seems like we are the only team without a 400 yard passer with all the 400 yard QB displays this year.
Originally posted by Uppercut:

Rating:

Yd/pass

%

Yds/Gm

Nobody here will care.They'll find a reason why they think Alex is better.

It just frustrates me that it is the OL this, WR's that yet you can point to just about any QB ranked 15 or below with similar issues yet they over come these issues or the coach overcomes these issues.

What do we do? We shut down shop, run the ball and call it a day. We say Alex can't throw for more than 150 if no one is blocking. His receivers aren't fast enough...majority of the QB's and coaches in the league deal with the same issues and don't hold back and find ways to allow their players to make plays.

So far, Harbaugh isn't impressing me much at all by hiding Alex Smith and if he's not hiding Alex Smith, then it is on Alex to drop his balls and come through.
It just frustrates me that it is the OL this, WR's that yet you can point to just about any QB ranked 15 or below with similar issues yet they over come these issues or the coach overcomes these issues.

What do we do? We shut down shop, run the ball and call it a day. We say Alex can't throw for more than 150 if no one is blocking. His receivers aren't fast enough...majority of the QB's and coaches in the league deal with the same issues and don't hold back and find ways to allow their players to make plays.

So far, Harbaugh isn't impressing me much at all by hiding Alex Smith and if he's not hiding Alex Smith, then it is on Alex to drop his balls and come through.

That's exactly what I've been saying, yet I'm labeled a "hater"
A little nervous about this one.

-Losing to the Bungles would definitely be a momentum killer and confidence death

-Clements and Lawson know our players and playbook. Tip offs.

-Bungles qb is looking decent. That ginger can play
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

-Losing to the Bungles would definitely be a momentum killer and confidence death

No they dont
  • Silky
  • Veteran

they know our players, but not our playbook

Originally posted by valrod33:

No they dont

They know Alex Smith and I'm sure it will be another..."force Smith to get the win...he won't pull the trigger." So far, that's what teams have been planning us since 2007 when all the run blitzes began coming our way after the Gore near 1700 year.

It is on Jim Harbaugh to get Alex to pull the trigger or call the play for him to.

No one wants to believe it because if it IS the QB, then it IS a bigger problem since we have no backup.

No one wants to believe it because if it IS the QB, then it IS a bigger problem since we have no backup.

Tolzien can make all the throws, I've seen it!
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
You got those two flipped. SF is ranked #8 against the pass and CIN is #25. I also have issue with your presumption that teams don't try to run on us. 44 attempts at 2.5 yards per attempt (lowest in the league), says differently.

No, he's right...Cin#8....SF#25

I here what Joe is saying and agree. Given our second half performances over the past two weeks, I'm concerned for our first away game and their home opener. So many things could go wrong just where we are. Alex has shown ability to get the ball accurately in the intermediate range. We need more of this.

AND WHERE THE FRICK IS VERNION!!!!!!!

I would have expected this kid to go off last week. Even with a dbl team, he would have allowed other receivers to be one-on-one. We must exploit this more in their secondary. The thing is that there defensive weakness is against the run. That is why I expect to see the same type of game plan as the last three weeks as they want to establish the run. At home, I think there DL will step up and load the box daring us to throw.

I expect the first half to be the same, us dominating. It's the second half that really concerns me. If we would have seen our offense attacking the edges and deep during the second half, we would feel a bit better.

Instead as a result, we are swimming the lake of doubt and Jaws is lurking down below.

PS Joe, I don't agree that this loss is Alex's fault. That one INT didn't do it. This loss is solely on Harbaugh and the secondary. That's my POV.
[ Edited by ninertico on Sep 20, 2011 at 1:27 PM ]
F*ck the stats this weekend this is a take your anger out on this team game........WE WILL CRUSH THE BUNGLES SCREW THE EAST COAST START TIME
Share 49ersWebzone