LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Harbaugh's Monday Post-Game Presser Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CrownJP:
Well ill just take your word ... i wouldnt wish anyone to re-watch that game, not even my enemies ...

I might be wrong....
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
You are right a gaurd keeping someone in front of him is just as hard as knowing the entire offense as well as reading the defense handling the ball and making an accurate throw. Come on if you ever played football you would know that compariung an incompletion to a Qb pressure from a guard is Apples and Oranges
Dude, let it go. It was an analogy of accepting mediocrity. Analogies don't have to be perfect fits. However, I understand how it must be frustrating for you being a big time D-1 CB coach and all. Us peons could never understand the intricacies of foosball.....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 26, 2011 at 3:56 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
the one to crabtree hit crabs right in the hands he just dropped it

Totally diffrent play that wasn't even close to the ground. That play was a slant.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Totally diffrent play that wasn't even close to the ground. That play was a slant.
not the one im talking about, the play you described never touched the ground until crabs dropped it

The play that Smith threw one in the ground was when he looked like he might run with it but decided to throw the ball before he crossed the LOS. That pass was short hopped to the WR.

I will patiently wait until Alex has a decent game where he actually hits WR in stride that doesn't take a good effort by the WR to adjust and catch the ball. Well thrown balls by Smith are far between the usual.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I do not recall Alex throwing the ball in the dirt .... i do remember him throwing the ball low to Crabtree and it hitting his hands and crabtree not catching it ... is this the throw in the dirt to which you are refering to?

He skipped one this week. His accuracy was worse yesterday than in the first two weeks, IMO.
Which play did he skip the ball???? i must have missed that one ... i did see the low ball that almost hit the ground, that one was really low, but i thought it shouldve been caught .... i thought he only threw 2-3 bad passes all game, the one to Morgan was really bad thought ...

I remember it happening. I gotta watch the film to be sure.

It definitly happened. It was on the play Smith scrambled out of the pocket and almost ran, but threw it to the reciever and it skipped off the dirt. I'm pretty sure it was to Crabtree, because I remember thinking, I wonder what Crabs is thinking right now.... No doubt is was on Alex.

Yeah, I remember that one. He scramble up the middle. Kind of tripped his toes on the turf as he threw the ball to Crabtree. The ball hits the ground in front of Crabtree. Would go onto lowlights of any qb. Kind of funny look'n
You are right a gaurd keeping someone in front of him is just as hard as knowing the entire offense as well as reading the defense handling the ball and making an accurate throw. Come on if you ever played football you would know that compariung an incompletion to a Qb pressure from a guard is Apples and Oranges
Dude, let it go. It was an analogy of accepting mediocrity. Analogies don't have to be perfect fits. However, I understand how it must be frustrating for you being a big time D-1 CB coach and all. Us peons could never understand the intricacies of foosball.....
I never brought up your understanding in this situation, I am simply saying the analogy didnt work, stop projecting, Mr. "Sucesful" , oh and you are right, you dont understand the intricacies of football but we arent talking about those atm
[ Edited by nvchamp9ers on Sep 26, 2011 at 4:05 PM ]
I do not recall Alex throwing the ball in the dirt .... i do remember him throwing the ball low to Crabtree and it hitting his hands and crabtree not catching it ... is this the throw in the dirt to which you are refering to?

He skipped one this week. His accuracy was worse yesterday than in the first two weeks, IMO.
Which play did he skip the ball???? i must have missed that one ... i did see the low ball that almost hit the ground, that one was really low, but i thought it shouldve been caught .... i thought he only threw 2-3 bad passes all game, the one to Morgan was really bad thought ...

I remember it happening. I gotta watch the film to be sure.

It definitly happened. It was on the play Smith scrambled out of the pocket and almost ran, but threw it to the reciever and it skipped off the dirt. I'm pretty sure it was to Crabtree, because I remember thinking, I wonder what Crabs is thinking right now.... No doubt is was on Alex.

The pass that was low and hit crabtree in the hands was early in the game. Later on alex ran out the top of the pocket as it was collapsing, no one was around him and crabtree was about ten yards in front of him (open) and alex bounced it about 3 feet in front of him.
I never brought up your understanding in this situation, I am simply saying the analogy didnt work, stop projecting, Mr. "Sucesful" , oh and you are right, you dont understand the intricacies of football but we arent talking about those atm

Right.........
Right.........

Your right I stand corrected

i actually watched some other games this weekend....and QB's dont always throw the ball perfectly...sometimes receivers jump, some make great catches off low throws, etc.... it just cracks me up to see everything dissected in here.... AS isn't a probowler, but sometimes it seems that the expectations are too low by some and too high by others.... he is doing better, we know the season wouldnt start off with a great offense and I am withholding judgement until midseason....

I just wish people would watch every game and see that even magical Tom Brady threw 4 INT's this week....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Anybody think JH is trying to okie doke the Eagles into thinking that Gore is healthy and will start, and right before kickoff he starts Hunter and catches them by surprise.
Originally posted by susweel:
Anybody think JH is trying to okie doke the Eagles into thinking that Gore is healthy and will start, and right before kickoff he starts Hunter and catches them by surprise.

Or gore is healthy again.
I really hope gore steps up...I was really hoping he had a few good years left in him and I know that if he can get his game going against the eagles then we will have a good chance. Also he looked good in pre season...wtf is going on...
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Where is the presser?
Share 49ersWebzone