There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Nice win, but I'm still not happy about the play calling!

Originally posted by jreff22:
its one of these issues

1)the O isnt ready (pass protection)
2)the O doesn't know the whole system
3)Alex is not trusted
4)Jim wanted to show only what was needed to win
5)The coaches have too much faith in the running game
6)Game plan was incorrect

you pick

All BOLDED.

Pass-protection was amazing, zero sacks, Alex had almost 3+ seconds to dick around in the pocket. -Jim only showed what he needed to, and is working Alex's confidence back up like he's a rookie all over again.

We had an easy Braylon Edwards TD if it wasn't for the DPI.
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Lmao at everyone expecting immediate results game 1. It's going to get better as each week passes.

I guess Harbaugh sucks because Alex didnt have 300 yards and 4 TD passes. Lighten up and enjoy the W, especially because it was aginst a division rival.

THIS THIS THIS.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
its one of these issues

3)Alex is not trusted

you pick

Or Jim Harbaugh is letting the fans see Alex can play so the second he makes one mistake the sky isnt falling down on him. You are one of the better posters around here, I thought you would of seen that for sure.

I'm not worried...I think the issue is we don't know the O yet and it's gonna take a few more weeks to come together

-side note, Gore does not look like himself
Well, there was at least ONE awesome play call. How about that 3rd and 1. We have an offensive linemen checked in at the strong side TE position. Their Dline is licking its chops for a "Jimmy Raye Special." The lineman stands up, checks with the wide out (to step on on the LOS) and they all just jump offsides........easy first down.
its one of these issues

3)Alex is not trusted

you pick

Or Jim Harbaugh is letting the fans see Alex can play so the second he makes one mistake the sky isnt falling down on him. You are one of the better posters around here, I thought you would of seen that for sure.

I'm not worried...I think the issue is we don't know the O yet and it's gonna take a few more weeks to come together

Gore looked sort of slow.
Still cannot believe nobody else has brought up yet how the WISHBONE FORMATION IS BACK IN NINER LAND!!!!!!!!!

I was talking to the guy at the bar I went to watch the game at and he told me how the Niners disrespected Gore by not giving him Peterson money, I told him to watch the game and see that Frank probably had lost a step after that hip injury. He is getting older, he is still good but he has had an injury riddled career, I saw out of him today about what I expected, he will be solid but not amazing for us the next 2 years, then he will be gone.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
All BOLDED.

Pass-protection was amazing, zero sacks, Alex had almost 3+ seconds to dick around in the pocket. -Jim only showed what he needed to, and is working Alex's confidence back up like he's a rookie all over again.

We had an easy Braylon Edwards TD if it wasn't for the DPI.

In the long run, he may have been trying to not only let the team gain confidence in Alex, but maybe the fans too. He played a great game and was very effective.
-Ted Ginn saved the world today. VERY impressed that he ran with such urgency. Even sweeter when you consider that he just took a pay cut just to remain a Niner. You have to admire his dedication.

-Not a fan of all the runs plays called on 3rd down. Judging by the playcalling, I think Harbaugh has some good insights into Smith's weaknesses, and (I'm guessing) didn't want to give him a chance to give the game away. I can understand that, but at some point you got to let it rip and give Alex a shot. Run, run, run just isn't going to cut it in this league (see: Mike Singletary).

-Speaking of, our running game got shut down. Kudos to Seattle's from seven. I also noticed at times that Frank looked indecisive running the ball. We all know he's a gamer, so I'm not worried about it and expect him to return to form soon. Also on the note of the running game, I think Hunter should have gotten more touches if for no other reason than to give Seattle's D a different look.

-Overall this was a good win and likely a HUGE morale boost for our boys. Harbaugh showed today that it may not always be pretty, but we definitely CAN compete. Congrats coach on your first NFL victory!

I was talking to the guy at the bar I went to watch the game at and he told me how the Niners disrespected Gore by not giving him Peterson money, I told him to watch the game and see that Frank probably had lost a step after that hip injury. He is getting older, he is still good but he has had an injury riddled career, I saw out of him today about what I expected, he will be solid but not amazing for us the next 2 years, then he will be gone.

At one point in the second half of the game, I thought about the same thing of Gore. And thought they should try putting in Hunter. We will see next game how Gore would be.

I'm hoping he is not in football shape and not playing in the preseason has him 1 step behind right now......but your analysis is usually correct, this may be the year we really see him lose a step
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
Well, there was at least ONE awesome play call. How about that 3rd and 1. We have an offensive linemen checked in at the strong side TE position. Their Dline is licking its chops for a "Jimmy Raye Special." The lineman stands up, checks with the wide out (to step on on the LOS) and they all just jump offsides........easy first down.

That was awesome lol. Genius.
did you see that block that alex through for gore?!!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Today I saw 6 audibles (one done out of the infamous 'wishbone'), 30 substitutions, 2 line shifts, 5 hot-route adjustments, and again... almost 4 f**kING WCO WISHBONE FORMATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can say we're conservative, but this team is nowhere near the team we saw last year, this offense knows what the f**k it's doing, it's just easing itself into things.

Our offense was always snapping with almost always 10+ seconds to spare, with more than enough time to audible/shift WRs/swing-tackles around.