LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Nice win, but I'm still not happy about the play calling!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just feel that the offense could have done more. Too conservative. Does Harbaugh not trust Smith? Almost felt like Singletary was via satellite calling the plays. :|
Baby steps brother, baby steps. Jim kept it simple in order to prevent any silly mistakes with a brand new playbook. Week by week new pages in the playbook will be turned.
Originally posted by boogie:
Just feel that the offense could have done more. Too conservative. Does Harbaugh not trust Smith? Almost felt like Singletary was via satellite calling the plays. :|

lol.

I think he trusts smith, but this was good for the larger picture. Give smith some confidence, let the teamates get confidence in him.. and he will come out of his shell.
like the announcer said i think they were just happy with the D so there was no need to pass or be to aggressive
  • Jiks
I think if we could have opened up the run game, we would have been a lot more succesful. Our run blocking was not very good. Thus Frank gore 59 yards can't happen. I believe it was more to due with run blocking than play calling.
Agreed. Our offense needs a lot of work. Without those two returns, we could've been a lot closer to losing. Nice win though!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think if we could have opened up the run game, we would have been a lot more succesful. Our run blocking was not very good. Thus Frank gore 59 yards can't happen. I believe it was more to due with run blocking than play calling.

If they wanted to open up the run game, they should have used a different play.

calling JRS (jimmy raye special) 20 out of gores 23 carries is not very creative.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
I think its a lack of trust at the QB position and I don't blame Harbaugh one bit. If it was Sing then we would have lost the game. Not Harbaugh's fault at all.
patience, my friend.

we play some tough defenses this year. you don't want us to reveal all of our tricks early, do you?
Originally posted by obx49:
I think its a lack of trust at the QB position and I don't blame Harbaugh one bit. If it was Sing then we would have lost the game. Not Harbaugh's fault at all.

they did better passing the ball than running it. Harbaugh was trying to minimize the likelihood of mistakes and look what happened: 0 sacks, 0 turnovers, 1 win.

If we play like this against Dallas we are dead meat................thanks to Ginn we hold on to the victory if not we would be eating it right now..........the offensive scheme was to conservative that needs to change come next week. Dallas aint no push over we should of easily crushed Seattle today with a pretty crappy QB in multiple injuries it shouldnt have come down 2 the wire........

ill take the W but their are still alot of things we need to improve before we we start crowning ourselfs NFC West champs this next few weeks will find out what the true identity of this team really is
  • sfout
  • Veteran
If you're referring to the sequence of plays after we we're gifted with the roughing the kicker penalty?? Harbaugh did that to burn clock and and knew he had a money kicker that wouldn't miss it. Obviously it would have been more interesting for us to see some passing but that really about burning off a minute and a half of clock and manipulating the gameplay. I'm sure Harbaugh didn't want to give them a lot of film to use for the second matchup, besides getting our feet under us and going in the right direction was more important then forcing in a throw to Braylon and getting it picked off.
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
patience, my friend.

we play some tough defenses this year. you don't want us to reveal all of our tricks early, do you?

I truly hope its just that
Jeez, you people would complain if they hung you with a new rope.
Lmao at everyone expecting immediate results game 1. It's going to get better as each week passes.

I guess Harbaugh sucks because Alex didnt have 300 yards and 4 TD passes. Lighten up and enjoy the W, especially because it was aginst a division rival.
Share 49ersWebzone