LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Harbaugh Handing Out The Blue Collared Shirts!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by footballa8181:
Wow...Get off the guys back, I'm gonna laugh my butt off when Crabs starts to light it up with and you hatters get back on his jock. Just because the Kid doesn't like to be interviewed and seems like a diva to the public doesn't mean its true or that he is a bad player...the boys gonna be a stud this year and everybody will sing his praise, even the knuckle heads that are hatting at the moment.

Thank you. I find the Crabtree hate on this board hilarious and pathetic.

You 're right Hilarious and Pathetic ....... and always good for a laugh.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The one statement that made me absolutely roll was the "Jerry Rice didn't have as much talent" thing. You can only work so hard.. If you don't have it, you don't have it. You don't become the greatest of all time without having astronomical amounts of talent. The hard work fosters and gets the most out of that talent. Jerry Rice had the best of both -- highest amount of talent AND the greatest work ethic.

OTC, let me clarify what I meant about Jerry Rice. I re-read what I wrote and it came off completely wrong. Jerry didn't have the best physical talents of all the wide receivers. He didn't have the fastest speed, wasn't the tallest or the strongest WR, but he arguably had the greatest work ethic of any NFL player. This is something I remember Bill Walsh saying about Jerry Rice.

My entire point about Jerry Rice is that his work ethic made him the greatest NFL player of all time and not just his talents. Jerry Rice has said this himself numerous times about working hard. I believe he made a statement about this in response to Randy Moss taking plays off.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I think you missed the most important reason of all; the perception that he just doesnt care to be a Niner and isn't that interested in the concept of "team."

Thank you.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I think you missed the most important reason of all; the perception that he just doesnt care to be a Niner and isn't that interested in the concept of "team."

Thank you.

I like how you respond to the people who responded to me, but not to me directly.

Moreover, I like how you present nothing to explain your perception. You simply say what your perception is and disregard peeps who actually have a reason to think what they think.

Well done.
If Crabtree doesn't care about being a 49er he could always be a Raider.
what happened to discussing blue collar work ethics. Instead everyone is just trying to pi$$ on the other persons pants leg
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
what happened to discussing blue collar work ethics. Instead everyone is just trying to pi$$ on the other persons pants leg

The pissing is more fun.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Wow...Get off the guys back, I'm gonna laugh my butt off when Crabs starts to light it up with and you hatters get back on his jock. Just because the Kid doesn't like to be interviewed and seems like a diva to the public doesn't mean its true or that he is a bad player...the boys gonna be a stud this year and everybody will sing his praise, even the knuckle heads that are hatting at the moment.
You know what pisses me off about Michael Crabtree? It is the fact that he has not played a pre-season game in 3 years, but he certainly seems to be healthy enough to play during the regular season.

It may just be coincidence; however, I like guys who put in the hard work in practice, in the weight room and during pre-season. My perception is that he has poor work ethic.

Jerry Rice didn't have nearly the talent that most WR in the league had/has; but he out worked them ALL! That's what made him great.

So, basically; Crabtree needs to get a little more "Blue Collar" to show some respect for those who laid the foundation for him to have what he has today.

Maybe I am completely wrong about him, but until I see it on the field I will continue to dislike his piss poor work ethic.
He can practice on a broken foot and miss thenregular season instead. And Jerry was no Randy moss, but I wouldn't say that he doesn't have nearly the amount of talent as most NFL receivers. That's just ridiculous.
Yeah this. Jerry had insane talent x insane work ethic and attention to detail = unparralled career.. dynasty had a fail.
blue collar shirts, blue collar team sounds good and all but these are stories that should be bought to light after we start winning. i am not trying to be negative but, it's hard to get exited about things like this, every coach has them. show me wins, guts, show me that if you are not winning you can't breath, show me that your life depends on making that tackle, that block, that run, that catch, that is what it takes to be champion. damn i love my 9ers, we will rise to the top we will.

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS LET'S GO!!!
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Boring shtick. I like the concept, but until it leads to winning I don't care. There are so many variety of winning styles, this hardly matters.

That being said: In Harbaugh I trust.

Yeah just like Walsh and his Bell Hop outfit and other shticks to get a lighter mood while pushing as hard as possible to win.. It is all good.

Also........... In Harbaugh I trust also. Seems decisions get better and better; especially later when we see what they were up to..

Crush the Seachicks!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Sep 6, 2011 at 10:58 PM ]

Yep!
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Thank you.

I like how you respond to the people who responded to me, but not to me directly.

Moreover, I like how you present nothing to explain your perception. You simply say what your perception is and disregard peeps who actually have a reason to think what they think.

Well done.

The reasons for his perceptions are self-evident. You just disagree with his perceptions while others may share them. There really isn't anything to discuss.
Originally posted by Sims84:
Really?? your perception?? This coming from a guy who is NOT in the locker room, a guy who is NOT in the weight room, a guy who is NOT in the film room, a guy who is NOT in the meetings and a guy who is NOT on the practice field? Who cares

his TEAMMATES and COACHES, the ones who see him EVERY SINGLE DAY say he has GREAT work ethic, and he is a great teammate and puts in effort on the practice field and in the meetings

But you, some random joe, think he has a poor work ethic................... OOOOOkay

fair weather fans, I'll tell ya. When he starts lighting it up, you will be on his jock, guarantee it

Same could be said about you but thats what makes this board fun isn't it? We all get to make judgements on our players without 1st hand knowledge but that has never stopped any of us to date. So insert Alex instead of Crabs and what would your response be? His wr's (except Crabs) all say good things about him.

And I'd love for Crab's to light it up instead of batting the ball up for easy int's.
Lame gimmick. Seems like something Singletary would do.
Was it just me or did Crabtree's teammates have a sour taste in their mouth and murmerings of Crabtree's "desire" seen by his teammates was written about last year?

Crabtree has a lot to prove and no one is to blame about his "lack of desire" but himself.

When these topics come up about a player ask yourself, why doesn't Gore's desire, Vernon's desire, or Alex's desire get questioned? Let's go to another quiet guy like Spencer. Why doesn't his desire get questioned?

Let's just say, Crabtree has talked the talked in his actions, let's see if he can walk the walk.
Share 49ersWebzone