LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Harbaugh Handing Out The Blue Collared Shirts!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gimmicky? Lame? No! It's genuine.

Ever heard of symbolism? Ever fight for a symbol like the Stars and Stripes? Like your alma mater? Your family's honor?

Symbolism can be a huge boost to the psyche when delivered genuinely. This was a genuine gesture to embody the work ethic of their pasts and be accountable for it in the future.

Great!!! Every little detail will help. This is just another resource from Harbaugh's hip pocket of successful experience. It worked at Stanford and now he wants to bring it to the NFL.

If you think it was a gimmick or thought it was lame, then that's on your inability to accept this as genuine. When you believe, you can make things happen.

If the team "buys in", it could do wonders for just the everyday little tasks of life, make it the best and work hard doing it.

WTH is wrong or "gimmicky" about that? Really?

[ Edited by ninertico on Sep 7, 2011 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I think you missed the most important reason of all; the perception that he just doesnt care to be a Niner and isn't that interested in the concept of "team."

Thank you.

I like how you respond to the people who responded to me, but not to me directly.

Moreover, I like how you present nothing to explain your perception. You simply say what your perception is and disregard peeps who actually have a reason to think what they think.

Well done.

The reasons for his perceptions are self-evident. You just disagree with his perceptions while others may share them. There really isn't anything to discuss.

BS. If you are going to make a statement here, be prepared to defend it. If you can't, then don't make the statement to begin with.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Ever heard of symbolism? Ever fight for a symbol like the Stars and Stripes? Like your alma mater? Your family's honor?

Symbolism can be a huge boost to the psyche when delivered genuinely. This was a genuine gesture to embody the work ethic of their pasts and be accountable for it in the future.

Great!!! Every little detail will help. This is just another resource from Harbaugh's hip pocket of successful experience. It worked at Stanford and now he wants to bring it to the NFL.

If you think it was a gimmick or thought it was lame, then that's on your inability to accept this as genuine. When you believe, you can make things happen.

If the team "buys in", it could do wonders for just the everyday little tasks of life, make it the best and work hard doing it.

the stars and stripes are hellza gimmicky bro.
I think you missed the most important reason of all; the perception that he just doesnt care to be a Niner and isn't that interested in the concept of "team."

Thank you.

I like how you respond to the people who responded to me, but not to me directly.

Moreover, I like how you present nothing to explain your perception. You simply say what your perception is and disregard peeps who actually have a reason to think what they think.

Well done.

The reasons for his perceptions are self-evident. You just disagree with his perceptions while others may share them. There really isn't anything to discuss.

BS. If you are going to make a statement here, be prepared to defend it. If you can't, then don't make the statement to begin with.

Seems several share his perceptions. You just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Why defend what is pure speculation (including on your part).
Ya know what pisses me off about posts like this? There is no basis in fact of any kind.

He was hurt. Its verifyable.

He's lazy and has a poor work ethic? Bullsh*t. He GOT hurt in a VOLUNTARY mini-camp during a LOCKOUT where he had absolutely no obligation to be participating in. When he got hurt, he stayed and attended ALL of the meetings. The guy has such a poor work ethic that his conditioning has NEVER been an issue and every single 49ers player or coach had backed him.

The only people who spew this uninformed garbage are fans.

As for your final line...well, you ARE wrong. The guy works his a$$ off. Watch any 49er highlight real and you will see him sprinting downfield to block downfield for his teammates.

Michaels problem is that he is socially awkward and doesn't come off well to the media.

I agree completely.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

We're talking about watching a sport where our favorite team is wearing gold because of a precious metal that was found 160 years ago in a river.
Originally posted by footballa8181:
Wow...Get off the guys back, I'm gonna laugh my butt off when Crabs starts to light it up with and you hatters get back on his jock. Just because the Kid doesn't like to be interviewed and seems like a diva to the public doesn't mean its true or that he is a bad player...the boys gonna be a stud this year and everybody will sing his praise, even the knuckle heads that are hatting at the moment.
You know what pisses me off about Michael Crabtree? It is the fact that he has not played a pre-season game in 3 years, but he certainly seems to be healthy enough to play during the regular season.

It may just be coincidence; however, I like guys who put in the hard work in practice, in the weight room and during pre-season. My perception is that he has poor work ethic.

Jerry Rice didn't have nearly the talent that most WR in the league had/has; but he out worked them ALL! That's what made him great.

So, basically; Crabtree needs to get a little more "Blue Collar" to show some respect for those who laid the foundation for him to have what he has today.

Maybe I am completely wrong about him, but until I see it on the field I will continue to dislike his piss poor work ethic.

You are not the only one who thinks this about him.

They may have become a gimmick, but to those who honor what they originally meant, they carry plenty of weight.
Originally posted by captveg:

We're talking about watching a sport where our favorite team is wearing gold because of a precious metal that was found 160 years ago in a river.

sounds like some people are talkin' 'bout practice.

Practice?!?

[allen iverson's face]
I never wore the suit to a game ....... but if this team improves it's winning record and starts to defeat some good teams ........ I have the perfect blue collar shirt and a 49er iron on patch ....... I'm set.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Lame gimmick. Seems like something Singletary would do.

While I agree that the symbolic nature of this is along the lines of something that Singletary would do, I feel that the difference is that Harbaugh will follow it up with more than empty statements. The guys at Stanford really seem to buy into it. Now, you can debate whether or not it's a little too "college-style-rah-rah", but I kinda like it.

[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Sep 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM ]

Thank you.

Well done.

Seems several share his perceptions. You just want to argue for the sake of arguing. Why defend what is pure speculation (including on your part).

Totally disagree. Big surprise, right?

I am sick and tired of peeps talking about Crabtree like the guy is a cancer. He says NOTHING. He has never been in any kind of trouble. He has reported in shape every year. The guy hustles on every play and if you watch any 49er highlight video, you will ALWAYS find him streaking down the field to make a block.

I never said his opinion was unique. I said it was wrong. Just because a number of people have a common opinion, that doesn't make it more right. In fact, its simple regurgitation of misunderstood events that have peeps so negative to begin with.

Look, bottom line....I'm reacting this way because WAY too often peeps here are just repeating the same crap over and over again and it doesn't mesh with the facts.

FACT: Crab was hurt in a practice he had no obligation to attend. Thats the reason he's not playing in the preseason.
FACT: When the lockout was lifted for a few days during the draft, he was one of the first in the building to get a playbook.
FACT: Every single team member says that he is working hard and that he is asking all the right questions in meetings.
FACT: The guy hustles on every down and is a willing blocker.
FACT: The guy had a very good rookie year all things considered and has had ONE down year. ONE. It can easily be argued that it wasn't even his fault.

If peeps want to come at me with their "perceptions", fine. Just tell me WHY they perceive that when nothing but fan lunacy supports that perception. This is a forum where we discuss 49er subjects. If he didn't want a conversation, then he shouldn't have posted to begin with.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Ya know what pisses me off about posts like this? There is no basis in fact of any kind.

He was hurt. Its verifyable.

He's lazy and has a poor work ethic? Bullsh*t. He GOT hurt in a VOLUNTARY mini-camp during a LOCKOUT where he had absolutely no obligation to be participating in. When he got hurt, he stayed and attended ALL of the meetings. The guy has such a poor work ethic that his conditioning has NEVER been an issue and every single 49ers player or coach had backed him.

The only people who spew this uninformed garbage are fans.

As for your final line...well, you ARE wrong. The guy works his a$$ off. Watch any 49er highlight real and you will see him sprinting downfield to block downfield for his teammates.

Michaels problem is that he is socially awkward and doesn't come off well to the media.

I agree completely.

Thank You.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Share 49ersWebzone