LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Scott Tolzien Time Traveling Delorean of TRIUMPH!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Hopefully we can turn Tolzien into a Kevin Kolb like player and trade him for a 1st round pick + more

Or have him play like a 1st round talent and win a super bowl if we are going to get craaaaazzzyyy!

truth be told i was impressed by his strong arm...

he throw a deep pass on a rope and i thought it was kaepernick - it was tolzien... we will see.

How old is he? 24?
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
if they put him on the PS, he's gone; might as well waive him. If they're going to PS him, they should instruct him to stink out the joint for the remaining preseason games so that no one will want him. Otherwise, sayonara baby. Keep Tolzien, waive Johnson, and, if Kaep doesn't develop as hoped, move ST up the depth chart to #2, which is actually where he belongs right now. At this stage in their development, Tolzien is ahead of the Kap. Unfortunately, draft positions and contracts dictate otherwise.

Wow, you should call Jim Harbaugh ASAP and inform him about how stupid he is for having Kaepernick as the number 2 guy. How could he not have Tolzien as the number 2 with him lighting it up with 3 points in the past two games he was in.

I really hate the fact that Jim Harbaugh doesn't run a team that is fair to all players and gives people that were drafted higher, and those who have higher contracts, more playing time. I say fire him and get a coach that knows what he's doing.

I tried. He wouldn't accept my collect call!
if they put him on the PS, he's gone; might as well waive him. If they're going to PS him, they should instruct him to stink out the joint for the remaining preseason games so that no one will want him. Otherwise, sayonara baby. Keep Tolzien, waive Johnson, and, if Kaep doesn't develop as hoped, move ST up the depth chart to #2, which is actually where he belongs right now. At this stage in their development, Tolzien is ahead of the Kap. Unfortunately, draft positions and contracts dictate otherwise.

Wow, you should call Jim Harbaugh ASAP and inform him about how stupid he is for having Kaepernick as the number 2 guy. How could he not have Tolzien as the number 2 with him lighting it up with 3 points in the past two games he was in.

I really hate the fact that Jim Harbaugh doesn't run a team that is fair to all players and gives people that were drafted higher, and those who have higher contracts, more playing time. I say fire him and get a coach that knows what he's doing.

By the way, YoungB, you obviously don't understand the concept of Monday Morning Quarterbacking or back seat driving. What fun would this site be if we couldn't second guess the "experts"?
We should start Tolzien vs a crap team and make the game plan for him to rack up 500 yards passing so that we can use him as trade bait.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We should start Tolzien vs a crap team and make the game plan for him to rack up 500 yards passing so that we can use him as trade bait.

I see what you did there
Since the mods on here act like some nazis and only allow what they want, I'll post up what needs to be said...

Scott Tolzein sux! He's the only qb on the roster who has yet to lead the team to ANY points. Kaepernick got the number two spot and JJ should get the third. JJ at least takes shots down the field and doesn't always go to the easy dump off like Tolzein. Tolzein doesn't even throw it down field, he just throws 10-15 yards. The only reason Tolzein had those yards is because his receivers broke tackles and made others miss. JJ threw at least 20 yard passes in both games. You can say he over threw in the last game but they weren't overthrown by that much considering that those passes were at least 40 yards down field. The wackness which is Tolzein overthrew receivers 10-15 yards downfield. And before you say he didn't get that much of a chance in the second preseason game, well neither did JJ and he still had the longest pass of that night.

My words to Tolzein, take your broke down delorian and get the hell outta here!

I won't be surprised if I get a warning for speaking my mind. Nein Nein Nein Nein!
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
Since the mods on here act like some nazis and only allow what they want, I'll post up what needs to be said...

Scott Tolzein sux! He's the only qb on the roster who has yet to lead the team to ANY points. Kaepernick got the number two spot and JJ should get the third. JJ at least takes shots down the field and doesn't always go to the easy dump off like Tolzein. Tolzein doesn't even throw it down field, he just throws 10-15 yards. The only reason Tolzein had those yards is because his receivers broke tackles and made others miss. JJ threw at least 20 yard passes in both games. You can say he over threw in the last game but they weren't overthrown by that much considering that those passes were at least 40 yards down field. The wackness which is Tolzein overthrew receivers 10-15 yards downfield. And before you say he didn't get that much of a chance in the second preseason game, well neither did JJ and he still had the longest pass of that night.

My words to Tolzein, take your broke down delorian and get the hell outta here!

I won't be surprised if I get a warning for speaking my mind. Nein Nein Nein Nein!

Well, you are correct in one respect.

You get 25%. I locked your previous effort, making it quite clear why. It was nothing to do with the player. The point was, there are quite enough threads on the subject. We didn't need another.
no need to get so negative toward our players...just because other fans might annoy you and like another qb, doesn't mean you have to post hateful s**t agaist that player...he is working hard for your team.
His first two outtings (SD and week 1) he looked all world. I thought he might be on a trajectory not only to pass #2, but #1. He looked mortal his last game and now I slot him 3. Kap is two until he proves he is worthless or a starter. Unfortunately, for Tolzien, he needs to prove he is #1 or will be #3 for awhile.....

But how can anyone but love our QBs (and our situation). There is more hate for 49er QBs here than Raider QBs (or have they just become an insignificant?).
[ Edited by OldJoe on Aug 23, 2012 at 2:36 PM ]

By the way, YoungB, you obviously don't understand the concept of Monday Morning Quarterbacking or back seat driving. What fun would this site be if we couldn't second guess the "experts"?

I do understand the concept of Monday Morning Quarterbacking, but you were saying that Kaep is second string only because of his draft position and contract. What that means is that you must also believe that the coaching staff shows favoritism and the competition they have it meaningless.

By the way, you obviously don't understand the concept of sarcasm
Actually what I was saying is he gets a better shot and a longer look by virtue of draft position and money paid. I think that's only natural. No matter what coaches say, the undrafted guy has a bigger hill to climb and more to prove. Happens all the time. If you check that Tolzien video, I challenge you to say he didn't deserrve to be drafted, and fairly high. It's a mystery!

By the way, I do understand sarcasm, but I have a hard time with hyperbole, and similes and metaphors give me a headache. And don't get me started on irony. Mama mia!
A guy like Tolzien should be a 3rd stringer for a few years. He was undrafted so just keep him buried in the depth chart and have him learn. There's no need to rush the guy. He's shown flashes so you never know what you may have in a guy like him. I just hope the front office doesn't make a mistake and put him on the waivers cause I'm pretty sure someone will steal him from us. Just let him make the roster as a 3rd stringer and let Johnson walk.
I can't believe how many guys freaked out and proclaimed him the slam dunk #2 after the Vikings game.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by niners420:
I can't believe how many guys freaked out and proclaimed him the slam dunk #2 after the Vikings game.

can't believe how many have declared him teh sux0rz after the Texans game and have the gall to play the "i told ya so" game.
Share 49ersWebzone