LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Scott Tolzien Time Traveling Delorean of TRIUMPH!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Dafuq are we talking about?

Where, oh where, should I begin telling you about how inimical Mr. Scott Tolzien is? How about here: For all of Mr. Tolzien's professed concern for human rights, he has yet to take a firm and unambiguous stand against those rude, choleric analphabetics who encourage repugnant, snippy turncoats to see themselves as victims and, therefore, live by alibis rather than by honest effort. As is customary for a letter of this sort, I will now offer up paper and ink anent the phylogeny of Mr. Tolzien's uncongenial jeremiads in order to make the point that Mr. Tolzien spouts all kinds of puffery about his moral vigor. Well, sure, he has somehow found the fortitude to endure our ongoing humiliation and discomfort at the hands of his idolators, but the larger point is that Mr. Tolzien sometimes uses the word "macracanthrorhynchiasis" when describing his press releases. Beware! This is a buzzword designed for emotional response. As this letter draws to a close, I should state that I regret not having been able to say more about how besides being completely offensive and abusive, Mr. Scott Tolzien's communications are seriously defamatory. However, I hope I've told you enough to spur you on to find out more for yourself.

Ditto
By the way, this won't be the last game where MR Tolzien is odiferous, but even the greats have bad games and remember Scott is virtually devoid of experience.
Kaepernick should have had two int's himself! Sheer luck he didn't. believe me, Tolzien, with a little more grooming, is our best bet to back up Smith. I just don't have the confidence that Kaep will develop into the QB they want him to become. And JJ? I think he's a lesser version of Kaep. I know we're supposed to defer to the experts, but how many high draft picks, hand selected by "experts", have flamed out? I hope not, of course, but if Kaep is one of those, I sincerely hope Tolzien is still in the picture.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
By the way, this won't be the last game where MR Tolzien is odiferous, but even the greats have bad games and remember Scott is virtually devoid of experience.
Kaepernick should have had two int's himself! Sheer luck he didn't. believe me, Tolzien, with a little more grooming, is our best bet to back up Smith. I just don't have the confidence that Kaep will develop into the QB they want him to become. And JJ? I think he's a lesser version of Kaep. I know we're supposed to defer to the experts, but how many high draft picks, hand selected by "experts", have flamed out? I hope not, of course, but if Kaep is one of those, I sincerely hope Tolzien is still in the picture.

Yep. They all need a lot of work and experience. Kaep needs more reps throwing to the right on quick outs. Turns his head early, the defender reading him -- jumping on the route.
  • dj43
ST had the best command of things on the field. He was clearly more comfortable in the huddle and running the plays. We are all speculating about who was responsible for missed throws. At this point in the season it is just as likely the receiver was not on the correct route as that the QB threw to the wrong spot. Only Roman can make that call. In the meantime, I would be surprised if Tolzien is cut and Johnson stays.
I think we'll end up keeping Josh over Tolzien. Too bad because I think Scott has some real potential and a higher ceiling than Josh. However, Josh is probably more pro-ready at this point and that's really what you want from a backup.

Alex is only going to get better running the offense, as will Kap. We'd all like to see an elite QB running the offense, but Smith will do enough to win games.
[ Edited by strickac on Aug 20, 2012 at 6:05 AM ]
It will be interesting with the quarterback, and receiver positions who they cut and who they keep...

Tolzein, owusu, tymns, and palmer barely even got in the texans game...I think those 4 are gone...I hate that owusu can't stay...but, they'll make the roster of another team and probably do pretty good....
Have seen the Tolzien segment of the game. He did OK. Had some nice quick throws with good decisions. Will stand in the pocket to find receivers. They could have helped him out with a few catches they could have made. Had one memorable over throw down the middle, and the last 2 throws were pretty crappy into coverage. Looks comfortable in the pocket like the previous game.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Have seen the Tolzien segment of the game. He did OK. Had some nice quick throws with good decisions. Will stand in the pocket to find receivers. They could have helped him out with a few catches they could have made. Had one memorable over throw down the middle, and the last 2 throws were pretty crappy into coverage. Looks comfortable in the pocket like the previous game.

Tolzien >>> Kaep
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Tolzien >>> Kaep

This!!!!!

Harbaugh obviously is scheming with the depth chart/QB rotation. No sane person could possibly think that CK is better than ST. If ST were the 2nd rounder, he'd clearly be competing with Alex for the #1 job.

I cant wait for harbaugh to come to his senses! If ont Tim Ryan was coaching this team..
[ Edited by kush on Aug 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM ]
Yeah, ST looked fine in very limited duties against 3rd and 4th stringers and at the very end of an already-decided game. But one thing did stand out...he owns command of that huddle and the offense w/o question. His arm strength actually looks great to me. His vision is extremely good and he reads through his progressions very well. I'm thoroughly impressed by him. The fact that he was last tells me more about the coaches wanting to see more of Kaep (who's got some real flaws that I don't think are fixable) & Johnson in this game. ST should be the #2 for the very reason you would not need to change any game planning for him (or OL blocking schemes or timing with your receivers). Also, he seems like he would be much better at taking care of the football as well (less INT's). He appears to have more intangibles and that little bit of "it" factor. At this point, I don't know if Kaep will ever be anything more than a Pistol QB. He does have prototypical WCO WR size though!

I think Kaep is coming along just fine. He seems better in the pocket this last game than against the Vikes. Houston didn't put a lot of pressure on the O-line for both Kaep and Tolzien so we kinda saw what they can do under 'normal' conditions. Kaep needs to tighten up on the mechanic details. But once he gets it, he should be very good. Tolzien I like too in different ways. Don't know how he would be as a full time starter, but he has the 'it' for a good backup.
Im calling it right now, it will be a mistake if we put him on our PS. He wont last on there
the guy is practice squad.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 5timechamps:

not even. there is no way he clears waivers. Baalke will not expose him.

not. gonna. happen.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by 5timechamps:

not even. there is no way he clears waivers. Baalke will not expose him.

not. gonna. happen.
Yeah he wont last on the PS, BOOK IT
Share 49ersWebzone