There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My prediction on the 49ers 53 Man Roster

Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Looks good to me. I hope we let Norris go, I don't seem him as adding anything to Miller's development. I also hope that Dobbs and Adams make the team. There will be some interesting absences.

Norris doesn't make my cut, we won't carry two fullbacks, look for Oman to take that spot, we will keep 5 backs, Miller being the lone fullback.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Looks good to me. I hope we let Norris go, I don't seem him as adding anything to Miller's development. I also hope that Dobbs and Adams make the team. There will be some interesting absences.

Norris doesn't make my cut, we won't carry two fullbacks, look for Oman to take that spot, we will keep 5 backs, Miller being the lone fullback.

Why keep Omon when he would get no RB touches and he's not a ST guy?

That is possible. I also wonder if/how much Delaine Walker could see action as a fullback/H-Back in Harbaugh and Roman's offense.

If Bruce Miller has a real strong game vs San Diego tonight, I think Norris could be done.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

That is possible. I also wonder if/how much Delaine Walker could see action as a fullback/H-Back in Harbaugh and Roman's offense.

If Bruce Miller has a real strong game vs San Diego tonight, I think Norris could be done.

A lot. This is going to be our base O.
Originally posted by MickyD2702:
Wierd. A post that long that actually makes sense and I can more or less agree with. Thanks. Ian Williams is hard to pass on, but there's just not room. {PS if not claimed } Personally, I would keep P Adams and let M Norris go. Wragge is a decent all around player and Kristic hasn't shown me much. Oh, and Kaep.... yah, love the potential, but not even close to ready. Alex will look amazing this year if the line learns and performs. Applewhite adds depth to the LBS, but he may lose out to Colin Jones. Sealy will want a couple of core STS, and he was a draft pick. Seems like a toss-up. If a better FA linebacker comes availabe[ i.e. TKO type] you're right, that's who will get the spot.

Thanks!

Yeah, Colin Jones has really jumped out on ST's. I am sure the 49ers are hoping they get him on their PS and I think they will.

I think we could have a very good Practice Squad (yes, I just said that). Colin Jones; Mike Person; Ronald Johnson; Lance Long; and hopefully Ian Williams. I do think we would be able to get Ian on the PS.
[ Edited by PatrickJira411 on Sep 1, 2011 at 8:08 AM ]
Originally posted by cwilson830:
A lot. This is going to be our base O.

Yeah I am thinking that as well. He could do a lot of damage as a pass catching FB/H-Back in this offense. IF DWalker can stay healthy, he could catch 50+ passes in this offense.
Okay so, Kaepernick is a little further away than I thought he was and there is a decent chance McCown ends up being the backup QB now. I still like Kap's future as an NFL starting QB.

Aldon Smith dominated last night. Looks like Alex Joseph may end up making team, especially if Kristick's injury is serious.

I'm surprised how much Norris played last night. Harbaugh may believe in the power running game too much to cut him. But any offense that uses deception like a traditional WCO, can only be limited by Moran on the field. Miller is just too valuable on ST or even defense to expose him to the practice squad. But I'm less confident that he'll be cut Saturday.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I'm surprised how much Norris played last night. Harbaugh may believe in the power running game too much to cut him. But any offense that uses deception like a traditional WCO, can only be limited by Moran on the field. Miller is just too valuable on ST or even defense to expose him to the practice squad. But I'm less confident that he'll be cut Saturday.

He made a nice catch as well. I think Harbaugh really wanted to see what he could in the passing game as a pass catcher. I think he passed the test (for now). He will be on the opening day roster.
With my revised roster prediction; I pretty much keep it the same but I think Alex Joseph makes the team and Ziegler does not. I still have a gut feeling they end up keeping Phillip Adams, somehow. Moran Norris definitely makes it. I also think Applewhite is almost a lock to make the team now as well.

We'll see....
Ian Williams will NOT make the team.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Ian Williams will NOT make the team.

Hopefully Williams, Ronald Johnson clear waivers and go to PS. With an extra 10 players per team this year in camp, there is a lot, lot of fringe players passing through waivers.

Pick up Tolzien and cut McCown if Tolzien is cut.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Hopefully Williams, Ronald Johnson clear waivers and go to PS. With an extra 10 players per team this year in camp, there is a lot, lot of fringe players passing through waivers.

Pick up Tolzien and cut McCown if Tolzien is cut.

I think we will get Johnson, Williams and Colin Jones on the PS. McCown is not getting cut. If anything, he might be getting a promotion as the backup to Alex Smith.
I agree Pat

I think two players they were looking at last night specifically were Wragge at guard and Alex Joseph and both played very well. And I don't see how we could drop Adams as he is just a ball-hawk and has looked better than most of our CB's and he is still recovering from a very serious injury. He just seems to have that "it factor. So that said, I can see someone like Zeigler not making the team since we'll be using a lot of TE & Walker-sets. I also don't see Moran Norris making it as the FB position will need to be more versatile and won't be called upon as much as in the past. Applewhite is a lock IMHO BUT could be cut as many of the LBers we have can play all four positions but I think he is in.
Ziegler has a solid shot to make the team, but with a new staff in place, up in the air