-
valrod33
- Hall of Small
-
- Posts: 138,120
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I think Kaepernick will be ready to be a starting NFL QB by next year but he has already shown me he can be better than Alex Smith.
i stopped reading at this part
-
Ninefan56
- Member
-
- Posts: 5,106
Looks good to me. I hope we let Norris go, I don't seem him as adding anything to Miller's development. I also hope that Dobbs and Adams make the team. There will be some interesting absences.
-
OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 38,585
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I think Kaepernick will be ready to be a starting NFL QB by next year but he has already shown me he can be better than Alex Smith.
i stopped reading at this part
Nonsense. Because he hasn't proven anything yet.
I understand what he means by that -- saying he thinks Kaepernick in the future could be better, but let's wait until he actually makes some big plays where he's throwing, instead of running away before we start proclaiming his greatness.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 31, 2011 at 11:36 AM ]
ronald johnson will make the team. ian williams probably makes it to. i doubt ziegler will make the squad this year. he is way to behind. decent job though
-
Joecool
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I think Kaepernick will be ready to be a starting NFL QB by next year but he has already shown me he can be better than Alex Smith.
i stopped reading at this part
Nonsense. Because he hasn't proven anything yet.
I understand what he means by that -- saying he thinks Kaepernick in the future could be better, but let's wait until he actually makes some big plays where he's throwing, instead of running away before we start proclaiming his greatness.
I stopped reading at the bold...wait!
-
PatrickJira411
- Member
-
- Posts: 4,117
Originally posted by valrod33:
i stopped reading at this part
What I mean by that is both QB's have really had real poor pass protection in the pre-season. But Kap has at least shown he can escape out of pressure and make some completions out of busted plays. He has also shown he can break out of some tackles and make some plays with his feet and arm. Alex Smith rarely gets out of situations when he heavily pressured and when he does, he just throws it out of bounds. Just my .02
-
PatrickJira411
- Member
-
- Posts: 4,117
Now let me say this, right now Alex Smith is a better NFL QB than Kap and best suited to be our #1. I think Alex Smith is a decent NFL starting QB. We can be an 8-8 team with him as our starter. That is pretty much the best we could do with him as our starting QB, IMO. I think in 2-3 years, we can be a superbowl team with Kaepernick as our starting QB.
-
PatrickJira411
- Member
-
- Posts: 4,117
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I don't think either make the team. 5 wideouts is plenty and neither Johnson (what he's showed as a return man) or Ziegler give anything to ST.
That is fair. Especially if Braylon Edwards is NOT suspended. If he suspended, we could carry Ziegs (or Johnson) for a game or two. Right now though, I don't think Ronald Johnson makes the team with how poorly he has played.
-
AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 34,115
you list 8 LBs and say 9 in ().
And Id rather cut Zeigler, and keep Ian Williams.
-
PTulini
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 12,412
I like it, EXCEPT I only see us keeping 5 WRs: Edwards, Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, and K. Williams.
-
lamontb
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 33,335
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
you list 8 LBs and say 9 in ().
And Id rather cut Zeigler, and keep Ian Williams.
Exactly what I was thinking. I say 5 wr's and keep extra d lineman.
-
PatrickJira411
- Member
-
- Posts: 4,117
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
you list 8 LBs and say 9 in ().
And Id rather cut Zeigler, and keep Ian Williams.
My bad, I kept going back and forth between having Kristic on the team.
-
sfout
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I don't think either make the team. 5 wideouts is plenty and neither Johnson (what he's showed as a return man) or Ziegler give anything to ST.
That is fair. Especially if Braylon Edwards is NOT suspended. If he suspended, we could carry Ziegs (or Johnson) for a game or two. Right now though, I don't think Ronald Johnson makes the team with how poorly he has played.
I'd like to think they were banking on Johnson not doing so hot and sticking him on the practice squad to develop him for an insurance policy should morgan leave in free agency next year. I could be wrong though because I am not fully aware of Morgan's contract but I think he is a unrestricted free agent next year. Hopefully Edwards is true to his word and should he actually play at a #1/probowl level he doesn't bolt from SF after saying he'd like to stay here for a long time. Then with Edwards and Crabtree starting we'd essentially have a 4 way battle for the #3 job and in one hell of a good situation. But that all hinges on Edwards and his abilities.
ian williams will make the team. they are grooming him to be the starting nt and they outbid 11 nfl teams to get him as a UDFA