LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

How come nobody believes in this team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our OL still sucks and so does our QB situation. When those 2 issues are fixed ill believe this team can win more than 4 games. As it looks right now we will be lucky to win 2. Both vs AZ
The team looks bad on pass offense, but has been quite good in running schemes. Watch us run a lot in the first real game. This will allow the line time to gel and keep Smith from throwing bad passes. Keep the other teams QB from getting into a rhythm. The difference this will be how we run the ball. Teams will see a lot of movement. It won't be HELLO WE WILL NOW RUN OFF TACKLE, REPEAT OFF TACKLE!
Originally posted by susweel:
This is what you believe in ??????

No, Sus! I believe in this...

and this...

Anything else? Again my friend, it's about your POV!
[ Edited by ninertico on Aug 31, 2011 at 1:20 PM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:

Ok, I think I am going with 9-7 again.
I think we need to be patient. Which is hard, I understand, after all we've seen in recent years. I don't know how anyone expected a 6-10 team to look good in preseason, with NO off season, new coaching and systems across the board. I do believe something will start to click, but it may be a while. I think we can go 7-9 and maybe 8-8. ANYTHING can happen, that's what makes the NFL great. Let's sit back an enjoy the ride. No need to PANIC before we have even played a real game.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
The coaching staff on offence actually looks like they know how to coach QBs.

Yeah, but do they know how to coach offensive line? (:

Their current instructions to the QB might as well be - "Take a 2 step drop, and then dive to the ground with the ball firmly tucked in. You're going to end up on the ground anyway, so might as well get it out of the way."

• 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Radio49er:
I think we need to be patient. Which is hard, I understand, after all we've seen in recent years. I don't know how anyone expected a 6-10 team to look good in preseason, with NO off season, new coaching and systems across the board. I do believe something will start to click, but it may be a while. I think we can go 7-9 and maybe 8-8. ANYTHING can happen, that's what makes the NFL great. Let's sit back an enjoy the ride. No need to PANIC before we have even played a real game.

Thank you.

and this...

Sadly...this pretty much sums up Alex. Two amazing plays...1 absolute disastrous game changing play = lose by 3 points.

He's the kind of guy that throws a nice 13 yard pass on 3rd and 15.

Hopefully Harbaugh gets him over that hump. We'll see.

f**king go 49ers.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
The general consensus on this board is that we will finish with 6 wins or less. Now before I go on my rant, I am going to try and separate this thread from the rest. If I feel everything I am about to say has been said a million times, I will post it in the appropriate thread.

Disclaimer:
THIS IS A POSITIVE THREAD. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT THE 49ERS, JIM HARBAUGH, THE OL, THEN DON'T SAY IT AT ALL. THERE ARE ALREADY PLENTY OF NEGATIVE THREADS THAT STRESS HOW WE SUCK RIGHT NOW. FOR ONCE I WOULD LIKE TO SEE REASONS WHY THE 49ERS WILL BE SUCCESSFUL THIS SEASON.

Here are my reasons:

Jim Harbaugh has swag. Obviously we don't know if JH will be successful yet. We only have our gut feeling at this point. I feel that everything JH has done up to this point has been better when Nolan and Sing were in their first years. I can just feel it. Call it charisma or whatever, but when I watch his press conferences I can see in his eyes a "Just wait and see" mentality. Now I know what you're thinking, Sing said "Just wait" many times, but JH doesn't have to. His awkwardness at the podium, his upbeat tempo during TC practices shows me he knows what he's doing. I read an article that says JH would be denied the opportunity to have a well organized TC because of the lockout, not because he is a bad coach. I beg to differ though, I think he is that good of a coach that he is utilizing every minute of everyday to get better and thus having a great TC. Right now ninertalk is in a franzy because everyone seems to think Harbaugh is in over his head, he doesn't know what he's doing yet because he is a rookie HC, he doesn't know how to handle his players in pre-season games, and doesn't know how to handle the media. I actually like the way he handles the media. Often times Nolan and Sing said too much to the media to overhype our team and made us the preseaon favorites to win the NFC West every year, only to be bitten by reality by midseason. Nolan and Sing also had the mentality to be Pre-Season champs and win every game only to start 0-5 during the regular season.

Ladies and gentlemen, what we are seeing right now is the storm before the calm. Everything is in disarray, we look terrible in preseason, the OL looks regressed, the QB is the same, and JH is losing his credibility to some. But if you can walk outside and handle the high winds, the torrential downpour, the thunder and lightning and look up into the clouds, you will see the sun peeking through. You will see a team that is poised to make a run, and will fix EVERYTHING before week 1. You will see an OL that puts DL on their asses and Alex Smith (can't believe I went this long without saying his name) picking apart defenses. We all know he has the ability to given time. We will also see the little nuances JH has taught Alex this offseason (like side-stepping defenders, keeping his eyes down-field on the run) to make plays. Ofcourse Frank will be Frank and Crabtree will breakout. Edwards will be a great pickup for us and be that big play receiver downfield. Our weapons will be utilized to their full extent in Harbaugh's offense. Have some faith people!

how do u ask how come nobody believes in this team, and then say dont talk bad. lol. why ask the question. The coaches are here, defense is beyond good enough, the offensive weaons are here, but the o line is dreadfully terrible right now, and the qb is mediocre.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
Alex Smith!!!! enough said

the faith or no faith is based off preseason, breez, manning, brady would have the same numbers with our olines display so far. fact

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

and this...

Sadly...this pretty much sums up Alex. Two amazing plays...1 absolute disastrous game changing play = lose by 3 points.

f**king go 49ers.

wheres the crabtree td pass, the antonio bryant long passes, and the morgan 50 yarder. ur def. missing some
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

f**king go 49ers.

Wholeheartedly agree.
Originally posted by fan49:
wheres the crabtree td pass, the antonio bryant long passes, and the morgan 50 yarder. ur def. missing some

Just took a couple...didn't want to overwhelm the server.
Originally posted by fan49:

Just took a couple...didn't want to overwhelm the server.

Yes, for the complete 7 year career in 2 minutes of highlights with replays of each highlight.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
http://youtu.be/LBPgPBZ-UKY
if harbaughs who we think he is this season should be better than 2006 with more offensive weapons.
Share 49ersWebzone