There are 187 users in the forums

How come nobody believes in this team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KID9R:
I love how you ask why people think we re going to suck but you don't want anybody to say something negative about the team. So I will give it my best shot.

Think its nice that we had a shortened offseason

It's nice that we have a new head coach in a shortened offseason

It's nice that we have a new offensive and defensive coordinator s

I think it's nice that we have Alex smith while we wait for a rookie qb to be ready

I think it's nice that we have 5 cross country away games

Our o line is nice

I hope for the best, and expect the worst. It's going to be a rough year.
One thing to add. In the glory years and before 3rd world countries made cheap clothes 49er gear was harder to find and more expensive. (In my size) I had to pay through the nose and wait months for a 3X sized starter jacket back in the early 80's. I am sure I now to go to any mall shop and find 49er hats in the discount pile for $1.99.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Jed is a f**king idiot. Remember him claiming our season would never end in December. Then last yr he told the media we would make the playoffs even though this team was clearly dogs**t. Jed didn't hire Baalke. He promoted Baalke rather then bringing in an experienced winner. I think his failure to hire a solid GM was one of the biggest failures of the offseason. Yes he convinced his mommy to throw a bunch of money at Harbaugh. That's one thing right vs dozens of blunders.

Jed is a spoiled kid that's only in his current role because his mom (the real owner) doesn't give a s**t. The result is that the Niners front office is viewed around the league as a joke.

ok lets not say the baalke hire was good he has been increadible as a GM

last year it was obvious he had no control over the draft but if you look what happened this year

hunter looks like a beast so does killgore and aldon smith

he picked up edwards carlos rogers donte whitner all top 10 (maybe except edwards) at there position for an extremelly cheap price

jed brought in harbaugh the hottest coaching canidate to come out in a long long time

can you remember the last time there was a sweepstakes for a coach? neither can i
Originally posted by HessianDud:
saying dumb things doesn't effect performance on the field, which kind of speaks to my point. The jury is out on Baalke and Harbaugh both, and in a year or two we'll know if Jed is helping the franchise or hurting it. Until then I'm still mystified as to how the ownership effects the "belief" in the team and coaches we have this season.

I think that the correlation between strong ownership and results is almost perfect. Look at the past decade in the NFL. Without exception, the Lombardi Trophy winners have been developed and cultivated under strong ownership. I am actually mystified that you are mystified.
Originally posted by Liontech:
I think that the correlation between strong ownership and results is almost perfect. Look at the past decade in the NFL. Without exception, the Lombardi Trophy winners have been developed and cultivated under strong ownership. I am actually mystified that you are mystified.

this
Since Jim Harbaugh has announced that the 49ers have seven starting offensive linemen, the 49ers new opening day lineup looks like this:

Edwards---Staley--Iupati (LG)---Wragge (LIG..Left Inner Guard)---Goodwin (C)---Snyder (RIG)----Rachal (RG)----Davis----V. Davis---Crabtree
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A. Smith---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank Gore will be subbed in for Crabtree on running downs.

Cheers.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 31, 2011 at 5:52 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Since Jim Harbaugh has announced that the 49ers have seven starting offensive linemen, the 49ers new opening day lineup looks like this:

Edwards---Staley--Iupati (LG)---Wragge (LIG..Left Inner Guard)---Goodwin (C)---Snyder (RIG)----Rachal (RG)----Davis----V. Davis---Crabtree
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A. Smith---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank Gore will be subbed in for Crabtree on running downs.

Cheers.

I still believe in this team because I have faith in Jim. This guy knows how to coach and will get everything out of every damn player on the team. He'll put them in position to succeed.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Then why don't you go all out and do this one...

We won't be seriously competitive until 2012, minimum. Next year I have high hopes, this year not so much.

If Harbaugh wasn't hired, I would write this team off completely. He needs a little time to put his stamp on things. It's only fair. Harbaugh is in no way shape or form responsible for past ineptitude.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Aug 31, 2011 at 9:19 PM ]

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
We won't be seriously competitive until 2012, minimum. Next year I have high hopes, this year not so much.

As long as Kaep isn't running the show. If he is...
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Then why don't you go all out and do this one...

I'm guessing you do not like Kaepernick either? IRCC Alex Smith has bigger hands than Kaepernick.
  • Silky
  • Veteran

ALL HAIL ALEX!
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I believe in Harbaugh long term... also with Gore now focused on playing instead of his contract, if he stays healthy I think he could have his best season.
Long term I'm all for Harbaugh and this team getting back into playoff form, but this year is gonna be ugly. I just hope the NBA gets going soon b/c Im gonna need basketball to help me through this season.
Share 49ersWebzone