LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Its time for Harbaugh to send a message

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
time to freak out!

it's not. But this offense doesn't look anywhere close to being ready for week one.

Luckily they're playing at home against a team they usually beat (at home).
Originally posted by Shaj:
I have always thought Staley was WAY overrated. I think Davis and Chilo are the ones that need to be benched though.

Yes, he is overrated... he got put on a pedestal too quickly.
Benching for the sake of benching, or to send a message...have had enough of that from Singletary. Bench the guy but make sure you have a guy better to replace him.
Sigh.

Nobody needs to be benched. All that will do is bring in guys that know the system even less and have even less chemistry with the rest of the line.

This zone drives me nuts sometimes.

Guys are either horrible or superstars based on ONE pre-season game.

RELAX. Let these guys get the O down. They have had 4 weeks to learn an offense when they would normally have FIVE MONTHS.

It usually takes 2 to 3 YEARS to learn the offense and you guys are throwing peeps under the bus after 3 pre-season games.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Sigh.

Nobody needs to be benched. All that will do is bring in guys that inure the system even less and have even less chemistry with the rest of the line.

RELAX. Let these guys get the O down. They have had 4 weeks to learn an offense when they would normally have FIVE MONTHS.

It usually takes 2 to 3 YEARS to learn the offense and you guys are throwing peeps under the bus after 3 pre-season games.

Does it take 2 or 3 years to learn to block the man directly in front of you.
Staley gets beat and pushed back consistently. It's not like this has all just started tonight. He's overrated.
Originally posted by susweel:
Sigh.

Nobody needs to be benched. All that will do is bring in guys that inure the system even less and have even less chemistry with the rest of the line.

No, but it takes time and communication to recognized who's coming and which one of your guys get a piece of which rushers and when to let him go and take care of a more immediate threat to the qb.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Sigh.

Thank you. I really miss the "no excuses" Eddie D mentality that this team used to have. Now we have the "all excuses" mentality that allows players to get cut breaks for years on end (you know the best ex of that, I won't say his name). This O line is another ex.
Sigh.

No, but it may take 3 or 4 months for a guard and the tackle to know without hesitation who has who and immediatly pick up the right guy.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Sigh.

Thank you. I really miss the "no excuses" Eddie D mentality that this team used to have. Now we have the "all excuses" mentality that allows players to get cut breaks for years on end (you know the best ex of that, I won't say his name). This O line is another ex.

Jeez...you guys need to get off your high horse.

All you guys remember is Eddie D and the Glory days after Walsh had installed the O and it had been in place for YEARS. You don't remember Joe Thomas, OJ Simpson, and a host of others.

IT TAKES TIME!!

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Cool story bro
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Sigh.

No, but it may take 3 or 4 months for a guard and the tackle to know without hesitation who has who and immediatly pick up the right guy.

Guard takes dt, tackle takes the DE. Its not that hard. I really do get what your saying but they didn't blitz us.
Sigh.

Nobody needs to be benched. All that will do is bring in guys that know the system even less and have even less chemistry with the rest of the line.

OK we get it, Joe staley is your hero.....no but seriously the offensive line is a major concern right now, you dont have to "know the offense" to pass block, and tonight they looked horrible. And its not just one preseason game they looked decent run blocking last week and the passing game benefited from it, but lets not forget the NO game. If teams know all they have to do is blitz us then we are in serious trouble, thats the bottom line, no matter what the excuses are
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Sigh.

OK we get it, Joe staley is your hero.....no but seriously the offensive line is a major concern right now, you dont have to "know the offense" to pass block, and tonight they looked horrible. And its not just one preseason game they looked decent run blocking last week and the passing game benefited from it, but lets not forget the NO game. If teams know all they have to do is blitz us then we are in serious trouble, thats the bottom line, no matter what the excuses are

LOL. No. Joe Staley is not my hero. I'm just saying he isn't the problem. Ya know who needs to improve their play?

EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE LINE.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Guard takes dt, tackle takes the DE. Its not that hard. I really do get what your saying but they didn't blitz us.

...that's not always the case. C'mon...this is common knowledge.
Share 49ersWebzone