LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

Its time for Harbaugh to send a message

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If JH really wants to send a message to this team he needs to bench Joe Staley and start Boone at LT. Staley has played awful all pre season getting beat and blowing assignments. If he really wants to send a message that it doesn't matter what your contract is or where you were drafted and that you will held accountable for your play on the field then he needs to make this move.

This would send a message in the locker room that nobodies job is safe and you must perform to keep your job.

Come on Jim the ball is in your court, send a clear message to your team.
Originally posted by susweel:
If JH really wants to send a message to this team he needs to bench Joe Staley and start Boone at LT. Staley has played awful all pre season getting beat and blowing assignments. If he really wants to send a message that it doesn't matter what your contract is or where you were drafted and that you will held accountable for your play on the field then he needs to make this move.

This would send a message in the locker room that nobodies job is safe and you must perform to keep your job.

Come on Jim the ball is in your court, send a clear message to your team.

so true its his fault why smith is getting his ass beat out there
They are still learning the new offense... Give it time.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I have always thought Staley was WAY overrated. I think Davis and Chilo are the ones that need to be benched though.
He should make them stay after practice and do up downs !

And I'm talking about the line
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by toeknee:
He should make them stay after practice and do up downs !

And I'm talking about the line

up downs until they puke.
Considering how he treated the "dress rehearsal" game, I don't think he values preseason games.
Bench Staley and then bench Iupati for continually missing his assignment, and Davis too. Of course Rachal has to go and Wragge and Snyder are only good as backups. So, let's see...Boone/Person/Goodwin/Kilgore/(_______)leave blank and hope the D doesn't notice?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The center situation is a mess. I miss baas.
time to freak out!

Harbaugh does not need to send any message especially to Staley. He needs Staley to bring Iupati along on pass protection goes as a tandem on that side of the line. The problems they are having are pickup recognition. Communication and more playing time together will take care of that.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 27, 2011 at 9:19 PM ]
Only solid offensive linemen I've seen all preseason have been Boone & Kilgore.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
time to freak out!

it's not. But this offense doesn't look anywhere close to being ready for week one.
Harbaugh said that staley has been the best linemen this offseason so u doubt he gets benched
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
Harbaugh said that staley has been the best linemen this offseason so u doubt he gets benched

I thought he said Chilo has been the best.
[ Edited by susweel on Aug 27, 2011 at 9:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone