There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What was the worst moment in franchise history?

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
The day Alex Smith was drafted

why worst day was when the giants broke joe in half. my 2nd was when they traded him to the cheifs.
When Montana became a Chief.
young getting injured
montana becoming a cheif
warren sapp
eddie d selling the team
ronnie the raider
craig and his fumble against the giants
kyle williams
anytime mark roman played
the same for chilo
Originally posted by Allx9er:
young getting injured
montana becoming a cheif
warren sapp
eddie d selling the team
ronnie the raider
craig and his fumble against the giants
kyle williams
anytime mark roman played
the same for chilo

2010 vs Eagles on national TV...our fans chanting for David Carr.

Forget about Alex being boo'd....I got so much s**t that MONTH because of the "We Want Carr" chants.
The day Kyle Williams was drafted
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Forget about Alex being boo'd....I got so much s**t that MONTH because of the "We Want Carr" chants.

I dont understand why people keep bringing up David Carr. We werent chanting for Carr because we thought he was good. We were chanting for our backup QB, because our starting QB was playing awful. It could have been Nate Davis.....Shaun Hill....Troy Smith.....Cody Pickett.....whoever. Our backup could have been dopey the clown, and we would have chanted for him.

People need to get off their high horse and stop insulting people who were chanting for Carr. At least we were supporting our team by going to the games.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

I dont understand why people keep bringing up David Carr. We werent chanting for Carr because we thought he was good. We were chanting for our backup QB, because our starting QB was playing awful. It could have been Nate Davis.....Shaun Hill....Troy Smith.....Cody Pickett.....whoever. Our backup could have been dopey the clown, and we would have chanted for him.

People need to get off their high horse and stop insulting people who were chanting for Carr. At least we were supporting our team by going to the games.

Should have boo'd the offensive system and playcalling. Obvious that was the problem.

yeah i understand the intent was "we want someone else."

But everyone else looked at is as, "ya... alex smith has been sucking huge ones, but do you KNOW who David Carr is? or do you even watch football?" basically the fanbase made ourselves look even more stupid than the play on the field. bad coaching is that contagious.

Yeah, and I still don't understand the logic.

"I'm starving and all I have is this bland sandwich. Instead, I will eat my own s**t." That's basically the logic behind chanting for Carr.

And if that's the support that you're going to provide, don't go to the games. SF fans already had a reputation of being bad fans, and that really just solidified it.
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:

Yeah, and I still don't understand the logic.

"I'm starving and all I have is this bland sandwich. Instead, I will eat my own s**t." That's basically the logic behind chanting for Carr.

And if that's the support that you're going to provide, don't go to the games. SF fans already had a reputation of being bad fans, and that really just solidified it.

The bold is the dumbest analogy I have ever heard in my life.

Calling Alex a bland sandwich and David Carr s**t is ridiculous. Disagree? Well that same s**t had a higher career QB rating than Alex did at the time....and guess what? Even after Alex's "great" 2011 season, he has less than a 2% better QBR. And just to keep going with the facts, ALL (yes every single one) of the excuses made for Alex are valid for Carr as well.

You can resort to insults all you want. Call me a bad fan, whatever. Bad fans arent lifelong season ticket holders. Get off your high horse please.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Jan 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM ]
Roger Craig fumble vs. Giants.
Montana getting his back busted up vs. Giants.
Yorks take over team.
Kyle Williams 2 boneheaded fumbles cost us Super Bowl.
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
NFC Title game against the Giants when we were going for the 3peat and Montana got injured, which also led to us losing that game and the shot at 3 SB's in a row. also pretty much turned out to be the end of his career as a niner.

I can't let that go either......... Second time one guy fumbled twice in the game and let the SuperBowl slip away....... by a field goal.........
Kyle Williams fumbling away the Super Bowl.
The bold is the dumbest analogy I have ever heard in my life.

Calling Alex a bland sandwich and David Carr s**t is ridiculous. Disagree? Well that same s**t had a higher career QB rating than Alex did at the time....and guess what? Even after Alex's "great" 2011 season, he has less than a 2% better QBR. And just to keep going with the facts, ALL (yes every single one) of the excuses made for Alex are valid for Carr as well.

You can resort to insults all you want. Call me a bad fan, whatever. Bad fans arent lifelong season ticket holders. Get off your high horse please.

Did you know that Kerry Collins has more career yards passing than Joe Montana?