LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

What was the worst moment in franchise history?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Joe Montana leaving..
Originally posted by ejroland2:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
The day Eddie handed Denise the franchise.

Totally agree! For the love of God Denise, give the team back to the man who built it and loves it!!!!!!!!!!!! The 49ers team should not be some birthday present for a kid (Jed)! It was and will always be Eddie's team. I fear the team will never be good again until Eddie gets his team back! The trouble with that is I don't believe Yorks will ever give it up! Makes me want to stop watching NFL football!

Wasn't she supposed to give it back to Eddie and then refused to do so? Does anyone remember this?
1) Craig fumble
2) Williams fumbles
3) Getting hozed by refs in 83 NFC title game vs Washington

Figure those cost us 1-2 Superbowl titles.
Originally posted by Husker49er:
Originally posted by ejroland2:

Totally agree! For the love of God Denise, give the team back to the man who built it and loves it!!!!!!!!!!!! The 49ers team should not be some birthday present for a kid (Jed)! It was and will always be Eddie's team. I fear the team will never be good again until Eddie gets his team back! The trouble with that is I don't believe Yorks will ever give it up! Makes me want to stop watching NFL football!

Wasn't she supposed to give it back to Eddie and then refused to do so? Does anyone remember this?

eddie also left us in salary cap hell
Leonard Marshall's hit on Montana. It did open the door for Steve Young, who I grew up idolizing, but that was a sad moment. It ended his 49er career.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
1) Craigs Fumble
2) Williams Fumble
3) BY's Injury
4) Steve Young being KO'ed by Williams.....f**k you Lawrence Phillips
It's early and I'm bitter/pissed/whatever.

But its gotta be this game and here's why:

1) We came out of nowhere this year. The '90 game was crushing, but we had experienced greatness and continued to do so for nearly a decade afterwards. We had forgotten what being in this position feels like, and it was magical. After the Sain'ts game, it seemed like were a team of destiny. And then we got the home game. Numerous times in the game itself it seemed like this was meant to be. There is no guarantee we'll be back, with an improving division and NFC and numerous FAs on D. It's unlikely the stars will align for us like this again

2) Williams' 2 fumbles. Craig only had 1. On the first, he just needs to run away; on the 2nd he could have fair caught it. Regardless, neither play needed to happen. Literally doing nothing at all would have been better than what Williams did. The first turnover killed momentum when we were set up to run some clock at the very least; the 2nd ended the game, and our season. But the first fumble could've been recovered by Williams, had he not chose to play it cool and act like nothing happened.

3) Numerous missed opportunities, on O and D. Smith overthrew Williams early for a TD (assuming he caught it, though the way he played later suggests it may not have happened). 2 definite missed INTs because of Goldson flying around like a missile (by no means his fault, he was just doing his job, but bad luck). Several other near INTs if not for slipping.

4) Inexplicable and inexcusable play calling late. We were gashing them with the run, all game. It started with giving Dixon 2 carries. Then we didn't even try to run after the FG drive. They could not stop Gore, nor Hunter. We run the ball, even after the 1st fumble, and we win the game. No doubt in my mind. The entire contingent of niner fans was calling for the run, and IT. NEVER. CAME.

5) The D and Vernon Davis (and Gore) played their goddamn hearts out. I don't know if I've ever been prouder of a group of guys. They deserved this.

6) I know "you win as a team, you lose as a team" and "the better team always wins" BUT we were the better team today, all things considered. We gave this game away, moreso than any team I've ever seen. Regardless of what happened before the 1st fumble, when the punt was in the air, we were in control of the game. He does nothing at all, and we run the ball and kill some clock. The D was in beast mode at this point.
this williams bs by far to me, was too young to even know what football was with craig's fumble. didnt even expirience the sb in 94 and ever since ive grew up and watched and knew football ive experienced so much lows with this team im shocked at myself i havent committed a crime. after the constant losing to favre, the hearst broken ankle in atl, freaking aeneus williams hit ending young's career, the got damn donahue fiasco and the constant garbage after 02 i deserved to watch this team in the sb and not lose that chance the way it was lost tonight
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Jan 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Apone:
1) Craigs Fumble
2) Williams Fumble
3) BY's Injury
4) Steve Young being KO'ed by Williams.....f**k you Lawrence Phillips

also up there would be being f**ked over by the refs against the Redskins in the playoffs
This game was very hard to take. Back when we had all those great players, you just thought that every year they had a chance to go all the way. Not so with this team. No one thought they would go this far, and the way it ended was brutal. Who knows if this team will even make it back to the playoffs? A lot of things broke our way this year.I think next year the division will be a lot tougher. Also the schedule will be very difficult. Teams won't over look us. Who knows what will happen in FA? This was a golden opportunity wasted. I am bitterly disappointed. It will take some time to get over this. It just seemed like it was meant to be for this team, and then for it to end the way it did, it's just very difficult to stomach.

Yup

Yup
In chronological order;

1. 1957 playoff loss to the Lions, cost us our first Championship game appearance.
2. 1990 Roger Craig fumble, cost a three peat and the undisputed best team in the Super Bowl era.
2a.1990, The hit on Joe.
3. 1999 the hit on Steve.
4. 2000 or 2001 Eddie D losing the franchise, we go into the dark ages for almost a decade.
5. Present- Kyle Williams
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

/thread.

Could there be any worse......no

Seriously... these 2x muppets destroyed us!!! they are why no one respected us for so long... Air Coryell my ass!
Share 49ersWebzone