LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

What was the worst moment in franchise history?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The day in 2005 when Thomas Herrion died in uniform after the pre-season game at Denver. The loss of a life outweighs any temporary disappointment.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
2010 vs Eagles on national TV...our fans chanting for David Carr.

Forget about Alex being boo'd....I got so much s**t that MONTH because of the "We Want Carr" chants.

I dont understand why people keep bringing up David Carr. We werent chanting for Carr because we thought he was good. We were chanting for our backup QB, because our starting QB was playing awful. It could have been Nate Davis.....Shaun Hill....Troy Smith.....Cody Pickett.....whoever. Our backup could have been dopey the clown, and we would have chanted for him.

People need to get off their high horse and stop insulting people who were chanting for Carr. At least we were supporting our team by going to the games.

Yeah, and I still don't understand the logic.

"I'm starving and all I have is this bland sandwich. Instead, I will eat my own s**t." That's basically the logic behind chanting for Carr.

And if that's the support that you're going to provide, don't go to the games. SF fans already had a reputation of being bad fans, and that really just solidified it.

The bold is the dumbest analogy I have ever heard in my life.

Calling Alex a bland sandwich and David Carr s**t is ridiculous. Disagree? Well that same s**t had a higher career QB rating than Alex did at the time....and guess what? Even after Alex's "great" 2011 season, he has less than a 2% better QBR. And just to keep going with the facts, ALL (yes every single one) of the excuses made for Alex are valid for Carr as well.

You can resort to insults all you want. Call me a bad fan, whatever. Bad fans arent lifelong season ticket holders. Get off your high horse please.

I don't know, s**t was bad any way you want to spin it.

Carr? Really?
1 - When Bill Walsh retired form the 49ers, and although Coach Walsh wasn't with the 49ers...Its was sad when he died a few years back.
2 - When Joe Montana left the 49ers to go play for Kansas City...That was a bitter pill to swallow.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Forget about Alex being boo'd....I got so much s**t that MONTH because of the "We Want Carr" chants.

I dont understand why people keep bringing up David Carr. We werent chanting for Carr because we thought he was good. We were chanting for our backup QB, because our starting QB was playing awful. It could have been Nate Davis.....Shaun Hill....Troy Smith.....Cody Pickett.....whoever. Our backup could have been dopey the clown, and we would have chanted for him.

People need to get off their high horse and stop insulting people who were chanting for Carr. At least we were supporting our team by going to the games.

"I'm starving and all I have is this bland sandwich. Instead, I will eat my own s**t." That's basically the logic behind chanting for Carr.

And if that's the support that you're going to provide, don't go to the games. SF fans already had a reputation of being bad fans, and that really just solidified it.

Calling Alex a bland sandwich and David Carr s**t is ridiculous. Disagree? Well that same s**t had a higher career QB rating than Alex did at the time....and guess what? Even after Alex's "great" 2011 season, he has less than a 2% better QBR. And just to keep going with the facts, ALL (yes every single one) of the excuses made for Alex are valid for Carr as well.

You can resort to insults all you want. Call me a bad fan, whatever. Bad fans arent lifelong season ticket holders. Get off your high horse please.

Carr? Really?

If all the "excuses" for Smith applied, then why scream for Carr? You knew what you were going to get - someone worse than Alex Smith who was even more damaged. That's why the analogy works. If you want a more specific analogy, Alex was a bland/moldy sandwich, and Carr was a bland/moldier sandwich bought from the store three years earlier. Either way, the chant made no sense. Every franchise around the league has lifetime season ticket holders, yet the 49ers fanbase is the only one known to have booed its own team the loudest, along with having the most fairweather fans. I'm not accusing you of the latter, and I'm not trying to insult you personally. But that game was by far the lowest point of the franchise for me. Never heard a football team being booed by its home fans like that, while castigating a single player when it was clear the problem was systemic. And that year really goes to show that quarterbacks don't play in a vacuum. If Alex Smith was bad on that team, then a 23.6 quarterback rating is...well...yeah, s**t. That's what the fans got with David Carr.
Steve Young's career ending concussion. That officially ended our dynasty.

Carr? Really?

If all the "excuses" for Smith applied, then why scream for Carr? You knew what you were going to get - someone worse than Alex Smith who was even more damaged. That's why the analogy works. If you want a more specific analogy, Alex was a bland/moldy sandwich, and Carr was a bland/moldier sandwich bought from the store three years earlier. Either way, the chant made no sense. Every franchise around the league has lifetime season ticket holders, yet the 49ers fanbase is the only one known to have booed its own team the loudest, along with having the most fairweather fans. I'm not accusing you of the latter, and I'm not trying to insult you personally. But that game was by far the lowest point of the franchise for me. Never heard a football team being booed by its home fans like that, while castigating a single player when it was clear the problem was systemic. And that year really goes to show that quarterbacks don't play in a vacuum. If Alex Smith was bad on that team, then a 23.6 quarterback rating is...well...yeah, s**t. That's what the fans got with David Carr.

The only time I have ever been ashamed to be a 49ers fan!!! Sitting in my season tickets in disgust of all those retards chanting "We Want Carr!"
I take that back, that's insulting retarded people. I'm not trying to insult anyone but that was just disgusting!!!
When Terry Donahue became gm

Or when we drafted JJ "am/pm hands" Stokes

Dwight Clark making draft picks
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Carr? Really?

The only time I have ever been ashamed to be a 49ers fan!!! Sitting in my season tickets in disgust of all those retards chanting "We Want Carr!"
I take that back, that's insulting retarded people. I'm not trying to insult anyone but that was just disgusting!!!

The worst part about it was that was the loudest the fans were all year!
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Carr? Really?

The worst part about it was that was the loudest the fans were all year!
Yeah i have to agree with you guys. I havent been on here in days, so i missed when the thread was created, but yeah i have to say the embarrassment of chanting WE Want Carr on national tv. Then what made it even worse is when he got in the game and actually did worse. The grass isnt always greener on the other side, and we saw that with Carr, Hill, and JTO.

Some of you guys really believe the "We Want Carr" chant is the worst moment in franchise history??

Seriously??

When did you guys become 49er fans in 07 or 08?

Do you remember or even heard about the Joe Thomas days?

How about Roger Craigs fumble in the 1991 playoffs against the Giants?

Steve Young's career ending injury on Monday night?

The Yorks taking over the team?

Or to a lesser extent:

Bryant Young's leg injury?

Steve Mariucci's timid approach in the playoffs against Tampa Bay?

I could go on and on.

If the "We Want Carr" chant was for S.Hill or T.Smith this would be non issue for you! Too funny!
The Fumble in 1991 ...and the Fumble in 2012, both RIPPED the heart out of me
The day eddie lost his team to his stupid sister and brother in law
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The day Kyle Williams was born.
watching bryant young break his leg in 98 on mnf, then hearst some weeks later in atl, without those 2 injuries i liked our chances that year
Share 49ersWebzone