LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

If someone offers a decent deal for Frank Gore, TAKE IT!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love Frank the Tank, but I would take a trade deal that gave us a 3rd or better if the offer came. Dixon-Hunter looks like a powerful 1-2 punch and Hunter could be a star in the making. And of the four teams that would be dying to bring on Gore and get 2 - 3 years out of him -- the Packers, Chargers, Colts, and Redskins -- 3 of them are almost a lock for the playoffs and have a shot at the Super Bowl. Gore in a Packers uniform would almost make them a lock to win the NFC.
Gore for Chris Johnson.......make it happen Baalke.........
we're going to help the Packers win another superbowl? are you kidding me???
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
we're going to help the Packers win another superbowl? are you kidding me???

This and it would be a HIGH 3rd.
[ Edited by sf49ersx11 on Aug 23, 2011 at 7:58 PM ]
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I love Frank the Tank, but I would take a trade deal that gave us a 3rd or better if the offer came. Dixon-Hunter looks like a powerful 1-2 punch and Hunter could be a star in the making. And of the four teams that would be dying to bring on Gore and get 2 - 3 years out of him -- the Packers, Chargers, Colts, and Redskins -- 3 of them are almost a lock for the playoffs and have a shot at the Super Bowl. Gore in a Packers uniform would almost make them a lock to win the NFC.

Why would the Redskins be dying to get him? They're rebuilding. As for the Colts, his talents there would be a waste because they don't run the ball anyways.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Why would the Redskins be dying to get him? They're rebuilding. As for the Colts, his talents there would be a waste because they don't run the ball anyways.
Nothing lower than a high 2nd.
We'd be in trouble if Dixon was starting.

Hunter could be as could, if not better than Gore in the FUTURE, but right now we need Frank. Dixon is nowhere near the runner, blocker, pass-catcher, and leader that Frank is to this team. I don't want to lose all of that. Worst case scenario, we have to Franchise Gore after this season.
A THIRD? That is far too low. A first rounder, and that is it.
Frank is a GREAT running back right NOW. This isn't Taylor Mays we're talking about. This isn't some guy with potential.

Frank Gore is a GREAT football player. Not "average" or "over the hill". He is tough as hell, and will be very good for at least 4 more years. You don't DIE when you hit 30. Just ask Jerry Rice.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Frank is a GREAT running back right NOW. This isn't Taylor Mays we're talking about. This isn't some guy with potential.

Frank Gore is a GREAT football player. Not "average" or "over the hill". He is tough as hell, and will be very good for at least 4 more years. You don't DIE when you hit 30. Just ask Jerry Rice.

exactly! The trade has to be worth it with players, picks, or both to even be considered. A 4th is not worth it.

Originally posted by andes14:

Redskins - If you don't think there is pressure on Shanny to win now, you're crazy. Their O-line will be a lot better this year and a good running back will take pressure off the quarterback.

Colts - that is the point. With a Peyton Manning who may need to learn to do less, Gore is perfect. The last time they won the SB, they had a more balanced attack.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran

Im with you people are so stupid when it comes to age and football. TO put up pro bowl numbers last year and has had injuries and is older than Gore. Gore will produce this year and next year and so forth mark my words.

1. A 1st for a 28-year old running back?

2. Most Running backs DO turn into a pumpkin at 30 -- especially the ones who run as hard as Gore does.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Im with you people are so stupid when it comes to age and football. TO put up pro bowl numbers last year and has had injuries and is older than Gore. Gore will produce this year and next year and so forth mark my words.

Not to be mean, but that's pretty stupid. A WR is not a running back -- RBs 'lose a step' before any other position.
LOL at the idea of Dixon being our #1 back. He dances around like Barlow
Share 49ersWebzone