LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

If someone offers a decent deal for Frank Gore, TAKE IT!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore is a top 5 back when healthy. I dont understand how some of you can call him "Average" or "Past his Prime".. Yeah Gore has missed some games the last few seasons, but when in the lineup, he's as valuable as ANY of the top 5 backs in the league!! Not to mention he does this behind an average offense at best
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Gore is a top 5 back when healthy. I dont understand how some of you can call him "Average" or "Past his Prime".. Yeah Gore has missed some games the last few seasons, but when in the lineup, he's as valuable as ANY of the top 5 backs in the league!! Not to mention he does this behind an average offense at best

Plus I think we have a GREAT winning percentage when Gore gets over 100yds.. He's the type of back that needs to carry the ball 20+ times and 4-5 times in the receiving game
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

Its not about him being "average" or "Past his prime". I don't think he is either, but NFL teams know that 30 is the age that most RBs take a nose-dive.

Bottom line, Frank is worth alot more to the 49ers than he would be to any other team. No team is going to offer a pick in the first 2 rounds.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I know we all love Gore and all of that... but he's had 1 season in which he's had more than 1,200 rush yards & hasn't played a full season since 06. I am a huge fan of his too but he's not a top 5 running back. I wouldn't give him Williams money (I wouldn't give Williams Williams money lol)
In the words of that famous coach Mike Nolan "Any player can be traded for the right deal." If a good deal came along, a 1st round draft pick and a quality CB/WR I would take it.
Originally posted by Paul:
I know we all love Gore and all of that... but he's had 1 season in which he's had more than 1,200 rush yards & hasn't played a full season since 06. I am a huge fan of his too but he's not a top 5 running back. I wouldn't give him Williams money (I wouldn't give Williams Williams money lol)

Im down with trading Gore, and next years 1st for chris johnson, and a fat new contract for him. Either way i want a good running game. I'm not willing to let dixon and hunter take his job.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Aug 24, 2011 at 12:24 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Its not about him being "average" or "Past his prime". I don't think he is either, but NFL teams know that 30 is the age that most RBs take a nose-dive.

Bottom line, Frank is worth alot more to the 49ers than he would be to any other team. No team is going to offer a pick in the first 2 rounds.

I'd agree with all of this except maybe we could get a mid-late 2nd. Anyways, his heart and sole is with the 49ers. Only problem is he has Drew Rosenhaus telling him he deserves 50 million just because the Panthers had to overpay DeAngelo Williams to stay. Does he deserve an extension? Yes, but only for a reasonable amount of years and cost for both of us. Frank will run till his wheels fall off and I think he can make it 3-4 more years. Hopefully, Rosenhaus isn't asking for a 5-6 year deal worth 50 million. I would offer 3 years(21-25) to 4 years at around (28-30 million). Let him end his career with the 49ers like he wants to. I like Anthony Dixon but he dances too much and isn't going to be the back of the future. Hunter has a shot but doubt he is ready. I'd rather pay Gore and use a high draft pick elsewhere. We'd be in trouble if he left after this year and we went into next season with Hunter/Dixon. Don't think they could handle the load.

P.S. Paul, let's not forget about all the receiving yards and TDs as well. How many 3rd/4th and longs has he converted by getting a 1 yard dump off as well? Look at his total yards from scrimmage and he is up there.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 24, 2011 at 12:27 AM ]
You guys piss me off sometimes.

It makes me sad how many people have such little respect and appreciation for Gore.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
You guys piss me off sometimes.

It makes me sad how many people have such little respect and appreciation for Gore.

He could have been a HOF'er had he been on a decent team. Instead, he's been stuck on a losing team for his entire career, given it his all, and made the team much less miserable than it would've been without him. The worst part is, apparently that teams fans don't even appreciate him.

Maybe he should request a trade.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Aug 24, 2011 at 12:50 AM ]
horrible thread.

Man, I'll say... That is one of the most ridiculous contracts I've ever seen...up there with Zito's. At this point, I would offer Gore a $6-8 million one-year contract extension (he is currently at $4.9 million).

If you give a 28 year old RB $20-30 million in guaranteed money, you are crazy. I don't care if you are giving the money to Jim Brown in his prime. There is just too much risk involved. It is that simple. I love Frank Gore but if he is giving the Niners an ultimatum (pay me huge bucks or trade me), then I say trade him. Again, I love Gore as a player and it would hurt the team if he demanded a trade but the team really can't afford to invest that much money in a RB that quite possibly could be past his prime.
Man, I'll say... That is one of the most ridiculous contracts I've ever seen...up there with Zito's. At this point, I would offer Gore a $6-8 million one-year contract extension (he is currently at $4.9 million).

If you give a 28 year old RB $20-30 million in guaranteed money, you are crazy. I don't care if you are giving the money to Jim Brown in his prime. There is just too much risk involved. It is that simple. I love Frank Gore but if he is giving the Niners an ultimatum (pay me huge bucks or trade me), then I say trade him. Again, I love Gore as a player and it would hurt the team if he demanded a trade but the team really can't afford to invest that much money in a RB that quite possibly could be past his prime.

I wouldn't take a first for Gore! Only way I would trade him is for two 1st round picks! I want him to retire here!
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
In the words of that famous coach Mike Nolan "Any player can be traded for the right deal." If a good deal came along, a 1st round draft pick and a quality CB/WR I would take it.

Share 49ersWebzone