LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

If someone offers a decent deal for Frank Gore, TAKE IT!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Id rather keep him til the wheels fall off.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

exactly
Originally posted by BrianGO:
A THIRD? That is far too low. A first rounder, and that is it.
Frank is a GREAT running back right NOW. This isn't Taylor Mays we're talking about. This isn't some guy with potential.

Frank Gore is a GREAT football player. Not "average" or "over the hill". He is tough as hell, and will be very good for at least 4 more years. You don't DIE when you hit 30. Just ask Jerry Rice.

+ This+
  • Jiks
Trade Alex Smith and Frank Gore to the Bucs for Josh Johnson, Blount, and a 3rd pic.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Trade Alex Smith and Frank Gore to the Bucs for Josh Johnson, Blount, and a 3rd pic.

Is it Jamaican?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:
Im with you people are so stupid when it comes to age and football. TO put up pro bowl numbers last year and has had injuries and is older than Gore. Gore will produce this year and next year and so forth mark my words.
Before you call people stupid go to pro-football-reference.com and compare 32 year old running backs that carry the ball a lot ( if you can find any) to 32 year old receivers, see what your research tells you. Running backs die 4 years before receivers do or more.
[ Edited by BobS on Aug 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM ]
Originally posted by backontop:

exactly

this
Originally posted by backontop:

exactly

We all watched Bill Walsh let go or trade Montana, Lott, etc and now you want to do the opposite? Frank is a great 9er and a great RB, but he is old for a RB, has 2 bad knees, and is constantly injured. Get some value now or you will end up with the Bengals version of T. Mays.

I suck at gambling because I never learn when to leave the table, but if you are winning and leave early you are only loosing house money.
With the exception of Willis and maybe Davis, I can't think of any draft picks over the the last ten years I would rather have than Gore. I think it's funny how teams and fans treat draft picks like sure fire gold....lol. I wouln'y trade Frank for Alex Smith, Joe Staley, Ahmad Plummer, Julian Peterson, Manny Lawson, Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, JJ Stokes, Kentwan Balmer, Ted Ginn......well, you get the picture (all first rounders).
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
We all watched Bill Walsh let go or trade Montana, Lott, etc and now you want to do the opposite? Frank is a great 9er and a great RB, but he is old for a RB, has 2 bad knees, and is constantly injured. Get some value now or you will end up with the Bengals version of T. Mays.

I suck at gambling because I never learn when to leave the table, but if you are winning and leave early you are only loosing house money.

Sorry to break the news to you but Bill Walsh isn't the coach anymore.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Dixon sucks and Hunter is not an every down back, we trade Frank Gore we are f**ked.
Not a chance. Gore needs to stay and the Niners would be better with him than without him. Neither Dixon nor Hunter can take over as the primary back right now, so I say..............PAY THE MAN!
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Um and he also had a very good back up in Steve young in the wings. Yall are stupid. Trade Gore really? why is it every time someone wants a new contract everyone yell trade him?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I say we trade all the fans that want to trade Gore.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Chief:
I say we trade all the fans that want to trade Gore.

Probably wouldn't even get a 7th out of it.
Share 49ersWebzone