LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 126 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Gore is a day late and a dollar short to this extension deal I'm afraid. It's just really bad timing for him. Poor guy had all those knee injuries in college preventing him from being a top 5 draft pick and receiving a huge contract back then. And now he wants money that just doesn't make sense for any franchise but SC to pay given his age and injury history. He's been one of the few bright spots on a really crappy franchise and unless we somehow win the Superbowl this year, his football career will most likely end with a "meh". Absolutely awful luck this guy has had....playing on a crap team and never getting the huge crazy money deal.

He had actually a good contract extension in 2007, more than $28 million over 5 years, and almost $14 million in the first two. That was for a guy with history of injuries.
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Harbaugh classifies reports of Frank Gore's unhappiness and possible future trade request as "water-cooler talk."
19 minutes ago

lulz

Nighty night speculation
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Before we even talk about letting Gore go, let's see how Hunter does in some regular season games before we anoint him as the next Roger Craig

Hunter isn't the next Roger Craig...but I'm hoping he's the next Garrison Hearst.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Hunter isn't the next Roger Craig...but I'm hoping he's the next Garrison Hearst.

I would rather have Hearst than Craig...by the narrowest of margins.
You never know with running backs. They seem to hit a wall and they are done. Other position players seem to gradually lose a little each year but RBs can be pretty good one season and the next look down right awful.
I hope Gore isn't seeking DeAngelo Williams type money. I understand Gore's position given his injury history given that this will likely be his last chance at earning big money.

Obviously, I would like for this situation to be cleared up and to see Gore a 49er for the remainder of his career. I still think he brings value to this team and I don't think that running backs are great trading chips either. A 4yr/$23M deal or so is fair.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
oooo i like the rumor tag put on this thread........nice touch
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fastforward:
He had actually a good contract extension in 2007, more than $28 million over 5 years, and almost $14 million in the first two. That was for a guy with history of injuries.

In 2006 and 2005 he only missed two games in two years, I doubt they knew he'd make missing a few games every year a routine thing lol. Last year was the first time he missed more than a couple though. Not exactly the best time to be pushing for a contract.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I've never been so torn over what to in my football watching life. I see the argument on both sides. The fan in me loves Gore and wants him to get paid and finish his career as a Niners. However, my business sense says the guy is 28, coming of hip surgery and is a lock to miss at least a few games a season. Giving him a big money contract would be stupid. When we extended him, I think we did the right thing and it actually worked out to be a fair deal. I would like to see a similar compromise. Maybe a 3 year deal with a solid gaureentee of maybe 15 million with additional 10 in insentives. If he gives us two more good years I think it's worth it. We easily have the cap space for that between this year and next.

My exact thoughts. Gotta work out something in the middle like you mentioned.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We are sitting on a pile of money, so why not? We won't because ownership is cheap, and management is disasterous in taking care of their own. Niners' brass will be offered something fair in compensation, but will probably ask for 15 number one selections. When they don't find a partner, they will be shocked.

I smell Mass E-mail, Part II.

Nice job, Baalke. Way to piss off your best offensive player. Genius strikes again.

I think it's Rosenhaus who's pissed, not Gore. He's pulling the same crap he did with Goldson, probably telling him he'll certainly nab a 5 year contract with most of the $$$ guaranteed. Yes, the Niners have some cap money this year, and frankly (sic) I'd be happy if they used some of it on Gore and extended him another year as well. And if Gore defies the odds and actually excels for five more years -- granted, he'd be the NFL equivalent of McGyver -- more power to him.

I'd guess if push comes to shove, the Niners will trade Gore for a 3rd or 4th rounder -- especially if it's to a perennial doormat with someone like Matt Millen in charge. And I'd be very sorry to see him go; really, I would. But I'd be sorrier to see him on the payroll for another five years if Niners have nothing to show for the last 3 or 4 years of it but dead money.

Really when you think of the Niners the past 5 years Gore has been what you remember pay the man and lets put a winning team on the field for our man!
The guy is not worth a long term extension. Running backs are the easiest position to find. I would just let him walk after the season is over.
Originally posted by Mike8016:
The guy is not worth a long term extension. Running backs are the easiest position to find. I would just let him walk after the season is over.

49ers coach doesn't sense Gore's unhappiness

http://www.csnbayarea.com/08/21/11/49ers-coach-doesnt-sense-Gores-unhappine/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=552056&feedID=5936

"Even the things that you alluded to, reports, conversations, talking points, things you're asking me right now, it's all is and sounds like water-cooler talk to me," Harbaugh said. "I'm not interested in the water-cooler talk." When asked about the reports, Harbaugh bristled. "I don't think there's any substance to things you're asking me and the examples that you're citing," Harbaugh said. "We'll deal with Frank man to man. And won't listen to the water-cooler talk, so to speak. Deal with Frank and his agent. Like I've said all along, hopefully soon there's a deal that fair for Frank and the 49ers. And I'm looking forward to that, and I know our organization is."
[ Edited by oldman9er on Aug 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM ]
To me it just feels good to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah ! gore& hunter one two punch...................
Share 49ersWebzone