There are 349 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Demarcus Dobbs

Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i think he winds up on the practice squad

Me too.

Won't make the Practice Squad. He'll get picked up by another team. I think he makes the roster.
He deserves a roster spot.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Me too.

Won't make the Practice Squad. He'll get picked up by another team. I think he makes the roster.

He makes the team just like boone last year, if he goes PS, he gets picked up by a team that has the luxury or need of grabbing him, no question.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Me too.

He makes the team just like boone last year, if he goes PS, he gets picked up by a team that has the luxury or need of grabbing him, no question.

yeah, i'll totally take that back. Welcome to the 53, Double D.

Me too.

Not only that, but to GET to the PS, he has to clear waivers.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
He makes the 53, but will not suit up on game days ala boone last year. Given another year of bulk and improved technique... it'll be interesting to see where his ceiling turns out to be.

How much bulk does he need, its says he is 285 and Ray Mcdonald is 290.
He's not a starter right now, but he's a good rotational guy. Dobbs is a perfect project for Jim Tomsula to develop.
yeah, i'll totally take that back. Welcome to the 53, Double D.

Agreedd! (double d's for a double dose of dat agreed)
He has to make our 53 man roster now........ he has been very consistent........ he does make a good project for our DL guru.
Originally posted by PTulini:
He's not a starter right now, but he's a good rotational guy. Dobbs is a perfect project for Jim Tomsula to develop.

Ya, he looks good, but not a starter yet...not by a long shot.

He will work into the rotation tho. I think he probably goes into the game before Takuafu, so first guy in to give McDonald a breather.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
He makes the 53, but will not suit up on game days ala boone last year. Given another year of bulk and improved technique... it'll be interesting to see where his ceiling turns out to be.

How much bulk does he need, its says he is 285 and Ray Mcdonald is 290.
Maybe bulk was the wrong word, but a year of training in a NFL program as a 24/7 job puts college programs to shame.
He is a great story. I hope he makes the team, and think he does.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Dobbs has showed up consistently every week.

MaioccoCSN: Demarcus Dobbs is listed at 6-6, 275. He's actually 6-3, 285. He's done everything asked of him. He'll make 49ers as an undrafted rookie.

He makes the team and will have an opportunity to learn and bulk up. Not sure how much of a contribution he will make this season, but he shows a lot of promise.

Tomsula is my favorite positional coach on this team. He will make Dobbs into a solid player.
seeing dobbs make plays in each of the preseason game makes me wonder why he didnt establish himself as a draftableplayer with georgia...Can anyone explain that?
Originally posted by hofer36:
seeing dobbs make plays in each of the preseason game makes me wonder why he didnt establish himself as a draftableplayer with georgia...Can anyone explain that?

See post on previous page:

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He wasn't this good at Georgia was he? Hard to believe this guy didn't put up better numbers there.

He was stuck behind a lot of guys that were extremely athletic freaks, but didn't have as much else after that. Dobbs has talent, but he's got a lot of smarts. He was just playing behind the following for a while:

Drafted in 2011
DE Justin Houston, 6-3 270 4.62, 30 reps of 225

Drafted in 2010
DT Geno Atkins, 6-1 293 4.75, 34 reps of 225
DT Jeff Owens, 6-1 304 4.97, 44 reps of 225
DT Kade Weston, 6-5 316 4.97, 21 reps of 225

Drafted in 2009
DT Corvey Irvin, 6-3 301 4.96, 24 reps of 225
DE Jarius Wynn, 6-3 275 4.94, 21 reps of 225

As you can see -- all freakish height/weight/speed/strength guys.

Dobbs never really was given a chance.

God dam Jeff Owens 44 reps!!