LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Demarcus Dobbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
You just don't get it do you? Solari is so busy responding to Alex he has no time to coach!

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I believe these are the indeed correct measurements and the 49ers page is wrong. I was just about to edit, saying that 6-6 is incorrect. NFL.com and Georgia's profile page on him both list Dobbs at 6-2. But the kid has freakishly long arms for being 6-2.

I have to wonder if his sudden success (against the back-ups, however) can be contributed to Jim Tomsula. He is now using his long arms to his advantage. In college he relied more on hustle to make plays.

Tomsula's a f**king badass, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Love having Tomsula as a DL Coach. The guy really freaking knows his stuff, and he definitely knows how to help develop young linemen. Was both ecstatic and really not too surprised to see Harbaugh keep him on. It's pretty clear he has been one of if not the best position coach we've had in a long, long time.

i wish all of our position coaches were as good.

I wish we had an OLine coach that was half as good as Tomsula. Then maybe our QB could actually finish dropping back without being hit.

Maybe if Alex texted Solari more often, he would coach better.

I blame Alex

I blame Trent Blaake for Trading up for what could be a hugh bust and him injurying alex and costing us last year against the panthers, thank god we cut carr.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Aug 28, 2011 at 11:37 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Tomsula has that attitude and approach to coaching that just makes him a respectable and fun guy to be around and learn from...

If there is one member of the coaching staff I could sit down and have a beer with its Tomsula.
dobbs looks promising
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Tomsula has that attitude and approach to coaching that just makes him a respectable and fun guy to be around and learn from...

If there is one member of the coaching staff I could sit down and have a beer with its Tomsula.

Agree, and I think there are more guys in this group like this than under Nolan and Singletary. Glad they kept him.
Originally posted by zainladha:
dobbs looks promising

agreed, Dobbs is a beast but I like Tufaku also
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Aug 29, 2011 at 10:41 AM ]
Dobbs > Ian Williams.

Tukuafu made the team when he threw RT Winston aside and stopped that Houston back for no-gain on 3rd and 1. Studliest play of the Houston game.

6 DL on Final 53: Smith, Sopoaga, McDonald, Jean-Francois, Tukuafu, Dobbs

Williams to PS, if they can sneak him through waivers. Give Tomsula a year with Williams on the PS and he will be ready to make the roster in 2012.
I believe these are the indeed correct measurements and the 49ers page is wrong. I was just about to edit, saying that 6-6 is incorrect. NFL.com and Georgia's profile page on him both list Dobbs at 6-2. But the kid has freakishly long arms for being 6-2.

I have to wonder if his sudden success (against the back-ups, however) can be contributed to Jim Tomsula. He is now using his long arms to his advantage. In college he relied more on hustle to make plays.

Tomsula's a f**king badass, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Love having Tomsula as a DL Coach. The guy really freaking knows his stuff, and he definitely knows how to help develop young linemen. Was both ecstatic and really not too surprised to see Harbaugh keep him on. It's pretty clear he has been one of if not the best position coach we've had in a long, long time.

i wish all of our position coaches were as good.

I wish we had an OLine coach that was half as good as Tomsula. Then maybe our QB could actually finish dropping back without being hit.

No arguing with either of you.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Dobbs > Ian Williams.

Tukuafu made the team when he threw RT Winston aside and stopped that Houston back for no-gain on 3rd and 1. Studliest play of the Houston game.

Williams to PS, if they can sneak him through waivers. Give Tomsula a year with Williams on the PS and he will be ready to make the roster in 2012.

after watching that piece on Williams and his family, I really hope we keep the guy
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Dobbs > Ian Williams.

after watching that piece on Williams and his family, I really hope we keep the guy

He'll get picked up by a 4-3 team to play DT. He's too small for a 3-4 team to put him on the 53 man roster without flashing more in preseason, unless a team was super high on him before the draft, which is doubtful cause then they should of used a 7th round pick on him.

Dobbs > Ian Williams.

Fangio said we are keeping 7 DLmen.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Dobbs > Ian Williams.

He'll get picked up by a 4-3 team to play DT. He's too small for a 3-4 team to put him on the 53 man roster without flashing more in preseason, unless a team was super high on him before the draft, which is doubtful cause then they should of used a 7th round pick on him.

If we release Williams I really think he won't make it through to the practice squad, some team will scoop him up. There was a ton of teams trying to get him when he decided to come here and play. Really like the way Dobbs is playing and hope we at least keep him on the practice squad

Originally posted by Joecool:
Dobbs > Ian Williams.

Fangio said we are keeping 7 DLmen.

That's not what he said. He said we "could" keep up to 7, but no less than 5.
i hope both of them make the 53
Share 49ersWebzone