LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Demarcus Dobbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Demarcus was one of the few who distinguished himself last nite, in additon to our Punter, who made a neat open field tackle.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Demarcus was one of the few who distinguished himself last nite, in additon to our Punter, who made a neat open field tackle.

Don't forget Brook's INT.

I'm not excited about Dobbs or Kendall Hunter until I see them produce in the regular season however.
yeah Shaj, we won't know about anyone for another week. Then it will count, and between Dobbs, Brooks, and Hunter, (plus our punter), none of those guys can help the OL nor can they help the DBs or corners. Just a guess, but i think hunter becomes a starter sometime this yr. Shaj, he looks like a young frank.
I'm not excited about Dobbs, because D line is one of our strengths. He wont replace Smith, Soap or RayMac.....I'm glad he'll add depth, but thats all it will be.
He does continue to impress consistently this pre-season.
Jesus, some fans cant even give a guy a little credit for taking advantage of the opportunities given to him. Yes, it's preseason, and yes he will not supplant any starter this year. But he has produced when given his opportunities with not just one move but a multitude of moves. His last sack was with an O-lineman hanging from one of his arms and he still got to the QB and tackled him one handed before the QB could react.

We needed depth on our DL and may have found a diamond in the rough (ie: UDFA turning into good depth, not to be confused with probowl caliber), I'll take Dobbs at 6'6 285 with potential over a peaked vet in Demetric "cheeseburger" Evans. In an offseason with very few positives, cant we objectively discuss one of the few guys that is exceeding expectations rather than dwell on the team as a whole, this thread is about an individual not the team.
he's making the roster
I like Dobbs better than McDonald.
I think Dobbs would be picked up by another team before Ian Williams
I think Dobbs is definately on the roster. He won't survive the practice squad. I also think Brock is playing his way onto the roster as well.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm not excited about Dobbs, because D line is one of our strengths. He wont replace Smith, Soap or RayMac.....I'm glad he'll add depth, but thats all it will be.

At one time, RayMac was D-line DEPTH too. Dobbs making the team for depth purposes cool by me, and come to think of it, with him being an UDFA, makes pretty fcking impressive. JMO. In a 3-4 system, he'll get plenty of rotation time.
Been a while since we picked up a diamond in the ruff! Love this guy's heart..
[ Edited by 1152 on Aug 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM ]
What's his size? Isn't he like 6'6 290 or something like that? Perfect 3-4 End size!
Originally posted by pelos21:
What's his size? Isn't he like 6'6 290 or something like that? Perfect 3-4 End size!

6' 2" and 280 lbs... (probably about 5-10 lbs heavier by now)

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Yeah, true... I want us to keep both, but of 1 must go to the PS, Dobbs would be the riskier player.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by pelos21:

6' 2" and 280 lbs... (probably about 5-10 lbs heavier by now)

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Yeah, true... I want us to keep both, but of 1 must go to the PS, Dobbs would be the riskier player.

According to 49ers.com he's 6'6 275.

Roster
Share 49ersWebzone