There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

I just want to see him work hard and play. That's all. I like him. Got his damn jersey. I just hope he works as hard as VD. I think he just looks so out of shape that people think he slacks off. He has no muscle definition lol. Either that or bc he's always injured and missing preseason. Either way I look forward to having him play and improve!
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I just want to see him work hard and play. That's all. I like him. Got his damn jersey. I just hope he works as hard as VD. I think he just looks so out of shape that people think he slacks off. He has no muscle definition lol. Either that or bc he's always injured and missing preseason. Either way I look forward to having him play and improve!

Diva's don't play in preseason. Too good for it.
I am a huge Crabtree fan. I was excited and had very high hopes when we drafted Crabtree. So far injuries, lack of quality play at QB and a bad decision to holdout have held him back but I still believe he can be the great WR the Niners expected when they drafted him.
Haters gonna hate me
He holds the all-time record for holdout by an NFL draft pick. He hasn't participated in a single TC. He doesn't act like a teammate to many fellow 49ers. Get your commonsense tested.
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
I am a huge Crabtree fan. I was excited and had very high hopes when we drafted Crabtree. So far injuries, lack of quality play at QB and a bad decision to holdout have held him back but I still believe he can be the great WR the Niners expected when they drafted him.

He's never going to be great. He doesn't have the work ethic, speed, expolisveness or size to be great. He will be a good #2 possession WR.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Haters gonna hate me

Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
his teammates constantly say he puts in the effort and they all get a long with him. but according to the writers and fans he's a troublemaker whos isolated. so until the coaches and teammates turn on him, ill take their word for it.

I haven't seen where a beat writer has said he is a trouble maker. I could have missed it but I haven't seen it. I think Crabtree is very shy and that will lead to perception problems. Missing the last three preseasons is a problem and last season the lack of work showed on the field. It also hurt that the Niners had an offense that really didn't know how to use wide receivers. I actually still think that Crabtree can be a standout receiver. He makes some grabs that other receivers don't make and his ability after the catch is first-rate. Not sure he has the speed to be a true number #1 but put a true #1 across from him and I think he will do some serious damage. I'm hoping that Harbaugh's offense and the addition of Edwards will allow us to see that this year.

i didn't say beat writer, i meant writers like ray ratto and ann killion. they spew that rhetoric on the radio and tv a lot, but its what they do i guess. they aren't supposed to be objective.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's never going to be great. He doesn't have the work ethic, speed, expolisveness or size to be great. He will be a good #2 possession WR.

he has the explosiveness and size. Have you not seen his YAC ability?
I bought his jersey, so he better turn it around and be great. I hve never bought a failed players jersey before, so i'm hoping he isn't the first.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
Okay I will bite.

1 Held out all of training and even missed 5 games for the same deal he would have (felt entitled to getting more money then his draft slot)
2 Missed all of training camp with a lame injury that even teammates (VD) questioned
3 Missing camp again for another injury


add to the fact he doesn't really want to be a niner.


um he's a douche and hopefully we can get something decent back in trade.

the only actual facts you've stated is that he missed preseason and tc. everything else is speculation.

Thats enough for me.

The VD fight is not speculation.

the ACTUAL reason why they fought was speculation. Vernon Davis got into a ton of spats with teammates early on as well, yet its still Crabtree's fault.



Okay dude Crabdouche is a great teammate, hard worker, super fast, and never drops a pass.

he dropped 6 passes last season, which isnt good. thats something that he can hopefully correct, vd did.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's never going to be great. He doesn't have the work ethic, speed, expolisveness or size to be great. He will be a good #2 possession WR.

he has the explosiveness and size. Have you not seen his YAC ability?

He's slow and around 6'1". The great ones are 6'5" and can run like Calvin Johnson.
I am open to trade Crabtree. I don't hate Crabtree but I don't like him either. He obviously has talents but for my ten cents of opinion he does not use them in a manner to help out the team. He gives the appearance that he wants to help himself at his speed. He does not seem to be a team player, to me. So between the fact that injured or not he seems to be able to play in the regular season but not in the preseason. He does not communicate a team spirit to me. He does not seem to help out his QB and seems to undermine the QB. So for me if a good deal came along I am open to trade him for value. If there is no equal value trade we keep him. That is just my opinion about Mr. Crabtree.
I understand WHY people hate on Crabtree, though I don't agree. I'm ambivalent about him, honestly. However--WR is a position that can take a couple of years to be truly impactful. I wouldn't be surprised if, in year 3, and with this new offense, Crabs makes the plays that earns his way into fans hearts.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I am open to trade Crabtree. I don't hate Crabtree but I don't like him either. He obviously has talents but for my ten cents of opinion he does not use them in a manner to help out the team. He gives the appearance that he wants to help himself at his speed. He does not seem to be a team player, to me. So between the fact that injured or not he seems to be able to play in the regular season but not in the preseason. He does not communicate a team spirit to me. He does not seem to help out his QB and seems to undermine the QB. So for me if a good deal came along I am open to trade him for value. If there is no equal value trade we keep him. That is just my opinion about Mr. Crabtree.

Agreed! I like having him here, but if a good trade option were to surface, I would be okay with it! How convenient that he has gotten hurt during three training camps and preseasons...
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home