LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Call me foolish. Call me naive. Call me crazy for that matter but I believe Michael Crabtree was drafted and has shown the talent to be our #1 receiver even over Braylon Edwards yet I've read many times fans wishing the 49ers would trade him but I ask why? I've heard that Crabtree doesnt want to play for the 49ers but when did he ever say that? He gets attacked for his injuries but he's yet to miss an actual regular season game due to injury up to this point in his career. He was blamed for early losses in which he dropped passes (SEA game) but name a 2nd year receiver that hasnt made mistakes? Admit it .. the first game you saw him play as a rookie you were ecstatic and you expected a break out in 2010 but but but .. we had musical chairs at OC .. we had musical chairs at QB ... we had Singletary absolutely committed to running the ball, and a sub-par pass blocking o-line ... wheres the love?

Mr. Crabtree I see big things in your future barring injury .. please ignore the haters ..Mr Balke you better not listen to the fans and trade away a 1st round talent at WR who HAS produced quite well given the circumstances ...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Okay I will bite.

1 Held out all of training and even missed 5 games for the same deal he would have (felt entitled to getting more money then his draft slot)
2 Missed all of training camp with a lame injury that even teammates (VD) questioned
3 Missing camp again for another injury

add to the fact he doesn't really want to be a niner.

um he's a douche and hopefully we can get something decent back in trade.
[ Edited by susweel on Aug 19, 2011 at 2:02 PM ]
  • Jiks
0-3 pre-seasons. And 1/2 season lockout.
i find it hilarious that all of a sudden his detractors say he can't get "separation". he's really good with running after the catch.

people hated on vernon his first couple of years so it doesn't surprise me.
i rather have a player, who is known for his run after catch ability, sit out and let an injury heal 100% than fight through it during the offseason because of what his teammates think..and who anointed vernon davis team doctor.
Originally posted by susweel:
Okay I will bite.

1 Held out all of training and even missed 5 games for the same deal he would have (felt entitled to getting more money then his draft slot)
2 Missed all of training camp with a lame injury that even teammates (VD) questioned

the only actual facts you've stated is that he missed preseason and tc. everything else is speculation.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Okay I will bite.

the only actual facts you've stated is that he missed preseason and tc. everything else is speculation.

Thats enough for me.

The VD fight is not speculation.

Thats enough for me.

but what they fought about is
  • Jiks
i find it hilarious that all of a sudden his detractors say he can't get "separation". he's really good with running after the catch.

I don't hate the guy but it's frustrating when he hasn't performed in an off-season his whole NFL career. As Harbaugh said, this is where teams are made/molded, this is the most important part of the season. This is when he needs to be there to get a good timing down. That's why he is average right now.

Injury's happen, but 2 seasons in a row, both questionable injuries. Its kind of suspect.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
Thats enough for me.

but what they fought about is

Maybe it was over a girl.
Okay I will bite.

Thats enough for me.

the ACTUAL reason why they fought was speculation. Vernon Davis got into a ton of spats with teammates early on as well, yet its still Crabtree's fault.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

I don't hate the guy but it's frustrating when he hasn't performed in an off-season his whole NFL career. As Harbaugh said, this is where teams are made/molded, this is the most important part of the season. This is when he needs to be there to get a good timing down. That's why he is average right now.

Injury's happen, but 2 seasons in a row, both questionable injuries. Its kind of suspect.

his teammates constantly say he puts in the effort and they all get a long with him. but according to the writers and fans he's a troublemaker whos isolated. so until the coaches and teammates turn on him, ill take their word for it.
Share 49ersWebzone