LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:

That's a thing of beauty. Imagine him making those moves after a 8-12 yard slant...

Got caught from behind. No break away speed

wait til he catches some stuff in stride
The guy has a DIVA clause in his contract... That tells you a lot right there. And he is proving himself worthy of it.
He was one of the Greatest college receivers of all time. He has been a big disapointment so far.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The guy has a DIVA clause in his contract... That tells you a lot right there. And he is proving himself worthy of it.

Do you know what his diva clause is?
People "hate" on Crabtree because of how he comes across. Braylon Edwards has problems obviously but at least he acts like he WANTS to be a part of everything and says glowing things about his QB and other players. Crabs just seems to have a "meh" attitude about everything. Just comes off as douchey.

If Smith can keep throwing the ball like that....we'll pwn.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Do you know what his diva clause is?

Its Santa's b***hy girlfriend.
  • mike
  • Veteran
It's not necessarily hate from me, just frustration. You want the guy to make a training camp at some point in his career if he's ever going to be a legit #1. You can't really blame the guy for getting hurt while trying to improve himself at an unmandatory "camp alex" practice though. Perhaps the lesson is don't put a top 10 pick into a WR who needs foot surgery that year.

The good news is coming out of college crabtree was known as a guy who can really run a great slant route, so he should be utilized quite a bit in our WCO this year. You won't really see breakaway speed after the catch from crabs, you also won't see a guy who beats corners with incredible size(he's pretty average), what he does is burst off the line really aggressively to get open in short yardage, or if he's on a medium/long route he usually does some sort of shifty move to get away from the defender. He's got pretty good hands.

I don't see him getting amazing stats this year, braylon has a better chance of that, because he's not that great after the catch. But he'll be an asset in our WCO as a guy who can consistently get you 10-15 yds to keep the chains moving.
I don't understand the hate either , injuries do happen , and he hasn't missed playing when it counts. Crabtree most definitely is a loner , no doubt about it. He should thrive in this offense when he is healthy. Yeah I have been disappointed that he hasn't made as much effort to build chemistry with the starting QB like Edwards recently has. Yeah disappointed in his production in his second year , but under Dingleberry and two ??? OC's who were trying to please you know who with the run game. This is the offense I want to evaluate Crabtree under.

It would be great if some of the estrogen filled haters would stop to think about the fact that Edwards and Morgan are inked for just this year.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 19, 2011 at 2:59 PM ]
I really think Crabtree HATES Alex Smith. He bashes him any chance he gets and I bet if Donovan McNabb was on this team we wouldn't be on PUP list. Don't blame him but if he thinks he should have been the #1 WR drafted he's not doing anything to prove it yet

I thought he was over rated coming out of college. I think his body language and brief and rare interviews or comments give you the feeling he does not want to be in SF. Listen to any of the new guys like Braylon or Donte or Carlos talk about being a niner. They are excited to be here. Crabtree hasn't been that way at any point. That ridiculous hold out when he got drafted still burns me up. Like others said, the perception is there, its hard to ignore how the guy carries himself compared to his team mates.

I don't think he's ever going to be anything more than a possession receiver at best. He's not a game breaker. He's definitely not sure handed. I noticed alligator arms a few times when he was crossing the middle this last season.

His teammates aren't going to throw him under the bus. But it's funny when they talk about him being a hard worker...showing up to meetings. He wants nothing to do with the local media.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by socal81:
I really think Crabtree HATES Alex Smith. He bashes him any chance he gets and I bet if Donovan McNabb was on this team we wouldn't be on PUP list. Don't blame him but if he thinks he should have been the #1 WR drafted he's not doing anything to prove it yet

Thats one his best qualities.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by socal81:

Thats one his best qualities.

Yeah, it proves he's a Niner fan.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
his teammates constantly say he puts in the effort and they all get a long with him. but according to the writers and fans he's a troublemaker whos isolated. so until the coaches and teammates turn on him, ill take their word for it.

I haven't seen where a beat writer has said he is a trouble maker. I could have missed it but I haven't seen it. I think Crabtree is very shy and that will lead to perception problems. Missing the last three preseasons is a problem and last season the lack of work showed on the field. It also hurt that the Niners had an offense that really didn't know how to use wide receivers. I actually still think that Crabtree can be a standout receiver. He makes some grabs that other receivers don't make and his ability after the catch is first-rate. Not sure he has the speed to be a true number #1 but put a true #1 across from him and I think he will do some serious damage. I'm hoping that Harbaugh's offense and the addition of Edwards will allow us to see that this year.
[ Edited by BHulman on Aug 19, 2011 at 3:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone