LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Do we have the worst QB situation in the NFL ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we have the worst QB situation in the NFL ?

Originally posted by A9R4Life:
Agreed... One thing I noticed is that our new Veteran Center was not playing in that
game, and once he gets himself settled on the play book, a lot of these problems will
go away... I'm not a fan of signing Josh McCown either... I think most of our problems
will work themselves out during preseason..
Well, as a matter of fact, Goodwin did play in that game. He came in around the mid 2nd quarter and also played in the 3rd quarter at center.
Whammer, anything said about the 49er OL is not being melodramatic. Point is you can bring all the qbs in you want, but they better bring their own OL with them, because we sure as hell haven't had one here in 8 yrs...and that just makes me puke. Read Walsh, read Lombardi, read Gibbs, read Bellicheat...they all know and state, you build your lines first...OL first. Otherwise there is no point in having a qb. That's not melodramatic. Sadly it is just fact.
this thread is dumb
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Whammer, anything said about the 49er OL is not being melodramatic. Point is you can bring all the qbs in you want, but they better bring their own OL with them, because we sure as hell haven't had one here in 8 yrs...and that just makes me puke. Read Walsh, read Lombardi, read Gibbs, read Bellicheat...they all know and state, you build your lines first...OL first. Otherwise there is no point in having a qb. That's not melodramatic. Sadly it is just fact.

Honestly, I don't get your point. The Niners signed a 6 year veteran to a one-year deal, drafted a guy who is not expected to get much playing time, signed a couple of young UFA, and now a older veteran who seems to be the 3rd QB.

And yes saying that Harbaugh needs to "settle down" when you have no idea what the state of his mind or thoughts is being melodramatic. You're making an assumption to fit your idea that Harbaugh is scrambling to pick up QBs when they have barely brought anyone in that would be considered a quality NFL starter at this point.

I get that the O-line needs improvement, so stop selling me on that idea, but the connection you are making here really makes no sense.
[ Edited by elhebrewhammer on Aug 17, 2011 at 6:58 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
this thread is dumb

are most threads right now...let alone the fact its the preseason it is only the second week of preseason and everyone freaks out about everything
this thread is dumb

At this point, every bit of news or any tweet by anyone seems to be creating the chicken little syndrome. Every drop in practice or pre-season game is a huge catastrophe, every miss by the O line in the first preseason game indicates that the only players we should be bringing in are possible O line replacements...
The post suggests that the panic in the OP's head is the same as the panic being experienced by Harbaugh and Baalke and that is the farthest from the truth!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
this thread is dumb
Originally posted by RonMexico:
wtf r u talking about, we signed 1 qb to be the third guy lol

This
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
No, Miami is worse. Henne had Brandon Marshall and was still horrendous.

pretty much agreed... we've seen Smith play decent at times during the season throughout the years, when has Henne ever really played well?
Ok simply put, the oline sucks, at some point alex will get injure it always happens, and we don't want colin rushed into the fire, so we signed a vet, GREAT IDEA JIM keep up the good work!

We have the worst QB and OL combo in the NFL...the way the OL looks, Josh McCown will be playing in 3rd game and he is truly pond scum.
Redskins are easily the worst, with the Dolphins pretty close.
if we go right now, i would say that were better than the skins and bengals for sure, a couple more teams are debatable

if we go over the last 10 years, the answer is yes
Originally posted by susweel:
This is not meant to be a bash Alex post so lets not take it there. Im talking more as an overall picture of all the QBs on the roster.

I am calling bs on that. The question of the thread alone implies that Alex smith sucks. Obviously if you felt that Alex was a good QB you wouldn't raise any doubts about our QB situation. Plaese stop trolling. This thread is just another anti Alex thread. Nothing can be said here that hasn't been said before.
[ Edited by goodthings19 on Aug 17, 2011 at 8:36 PM ]
Originally posted by goodthings19:

I am calling bs on that. The question of the thread alone implies that Alex smith sucks. Obviously if you felt that Alex was a good QB you wouldn't raise any doubts about our QB situation. Plaese stop trolling. This thread is just another anti Alex thread. Nothing can be said here that hasn't been said before.

Since when is criticizing a player trolling? That's what I don't get about all the hoopla over the Alex Smith threads...it's a relevant topic. So what if its rehashed...that's what people want to talk about.
Share 49ersWebzone