LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 181 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We beat the Seahawks on Sat, and the Saints lose to an aggressive/wild-card hungry Falcons team on MNF, we mathematically clinch the #2 second seed by default.

-I'm not even s**tting, just checked this on the ESPN playoff machine, we wouldn't even have to beat the Rams in week 17; cause it deems that even if both teams finished 12-4, we have the 3+ wins; Conference tie-breaker.

Would be really nice, not sure if the Falcons have what it takes to beat the Saints at home however, then again, division games are always kind of nuts.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
We beat the Seahawks on Sat, and the Saints lose to an aggressive/wild-card hungry Falcons team on MNF, we mathematically clinch the #2 second seed by default.

-I'm not even s**tting, just checked this on the ESPN playoff machine, we wouldn't even have to beat the Rams in week 17; cause it deems that even if both teams finished 12-4, we have the 3+ wins; Conference tie-breaker.

Would be really nice, not sure if the Falcons have what it takes to beat the Saints at home however, then again, division games are always kind of nuts.

its gonna be a looooong week for the next MNF
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

I believe most of the ATL/NO games come down to the wire. The winner is usually decided by 3 points or less.

Originally posted by Go49erss:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

I believe most of the ATL/NO games come down to the wire. The winner is usually decided by 3 points or less.

falcons have motivation of being able to clinch playoff spot with win
So...

If we beat Seattle and New Orleans loses to Atlanta, we're then able to rest our players in week 16 against St. Louis since we hold the tiebreaker, right?
Originally posted by YungAce:
So...

If we beat Seattle and New Orleans loses to Atlanta, we're then able to rest our players in week 16 against St. Louis since we hold the tiebreaker, right?

precisely
So...

Call me crazy, but I am one of those people who believes one week of rest kills all momentum. I'd rather have us play the rams with some meaning and not rest the starters. Our offense needs every game to get better
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
So...

Call me crazy, but I am one of those people who believes one week of rest kills all momentum. I'd rather have us play the rams with some meaning and not rest the starters. Our offense needs every game to get better

I think that would be a nice game to practice certain plays, but at least give me the first round bye. That momentum will die quickly in the Superdome
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
So...

precisely

Why are we resting our guys? If the Pack loses out with all their O Line injuries and we win out we can get the #1 seed....

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So...

precisely

Why are we resting our guys? If the Pack loses out with all their O Line injuries and we win out we can get the #1 seed....

Ok,

9ers win
Saints lose
Packers win

what would you do?

EDIT: The Packers are playing the Bears at home
[ Edited by YungAce on Dec 20, 2011 at 3:27 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So...

precisely

Ok,

9ers win
Saints lose
Packers win

what would you do?

EDIT: The Packers are playing the Bears at home

Under that scenario I would rest our guys. There would be no reason to play them and risk injury. We could get an amazing 3 weeks off to rest guys who are banged up like Gore, Ginn, Staley, Willis, Edwards (if he ever gets healthy or plays). We would be foolish not to take advantage of that. If we are a lock for the #2 seed and can't get the #1 seed we might as well take advangage of that position. And for the love of God don't play Alex the last game. All we need is to get him hurt the last game and go into the playoffs with a rookie...
Oh coming off a big win vs. the Steelers. Short week.

Go Niners!
Hope the O has gained enough confidence to operate in that noisy environment, maintain momentum and earn a first round bye.

Seattle is a NOISY stadium. The fans (12th man) are INTO it, and I think Harbaugh and Caroll still have a bit of a grudge from the college days.

Go 9ers!
Share 49ersWebzone