There are 206 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Originally posted by verb1der:
MBachCSN Mindi Bach by mattbarrows

Ray McDonald says he spoke w/ the doctor today & expects to be good to go for practice this week. #49ers

Sweet!
Originally posted by MaliCali:
From various Internet locations...

A heavy HEAVY majority of Giants fans are calling this a lock victory because "all they have to do" is contain Gore, and put pressure on Smith "he better be ready for the Giants blitzes"

Guys, I think I actually want this one more than I wanted the Lions game.

Seriously. These Giants lovers are getting pretty obnoxious now. Co-worker of mine is a Giants fan and he kept spouting the same s**t. What these idiots don't realize is that the REST OF THE NFL KNOWS THIS and they still can't stop us. They can sit there with s**t grins and go, "contain Gore, lol" all they want but when the cleats hit the field...we'll see what's up.

Also..I'm not much of a stats guy...but if there was ever a game where I want Alex Smith to throw up some monster yards...it's this one.
This could be the game where Alex has to win it for us. Just like Eli did against the patriots....drive down in 1 min to score the winning score.

I agree though...if we win this game...we are officially legit. Tony Dungy said it on the Dan Patrick show....until the niners can beat a powerhouse team...they are still iffy. If Alex can prove he can air it out to win a game...then we will get everyone's respect.
the way Gore is running it will be a real test on the Giants trying to stop our running game. The Giants are not the best when it comes to stopping the run. Gore should have a field day if its rain on Sunday. The field will be very wet because its going to rain Thursday, Friday and Saturday. VERY WET FIELD on Sunday.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
From various Internet locations...

A heavy HEAVY majority of Giants fans are calling this a lock victory because "all they have to do" is contain Gore, and put pressure on Smith "he better be ready for the Giants blitzes"

Guys, I think I actually want this one more than I wanted the Lions game.

Seriously. These Giants lovers are getting pretty obnoxious now. Co-worker of mine is a Giants fan and he kept spouting the same s**t. What these idiots don't realize is that the REST OF THE NFL KNOWS THIS and they still can't stop us. They can sit there with s**t grins and go, "contain Gore, lol" all they want but when the cleats hit the field...we'll see what's up.

Also..I'm not much of a stats guy...but if there was ever a game where I want Alex Smith to throw up some monster yards...it's this one.

Yea...

Only 2 teams this season have worse running defenses than the 25th ranked Giants. I won't overlook them, but I like to stay reasonable.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
This could be the game where Alex has to win it for us. Just like Eli did against the patriots....drive down in 1 min to score the winning score.

I agree though...if we win this game...we are officially legit. Tony Dungy said it on the Dan Patrick show....until the niners can beat a powerhouse team...they are still iffy. If Alex can prove he can air it out to win a game...then we will get everyone's respect.

What were the Loins?
Who've they played? I mean the winning teams? Hmmm....only two?! Buffalo and the Pats. That's it. They played the Eagles and beat them as well. Still, this will be the best D they have faced all year. And they lost to Seattle, too, so we don't know who we may get on Sunday. Still, this is the best match up all year against us and I would love to see our offense do a lil' more.

We beat these cats, we will be in the driver seat for one of the two bye spots. This is THE most important because it's against a leader in an NFC division. The other two winning teams are from the AFC in the Steelers and Ravens.

Thank goodness this game is at home!

Plus, this is the first game of a grueling stretch for them...Phi, NO, GB and Dal. Nice!
[ Edited by ninertico on Nov 7, 2011 at 1:10 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
RT @klynch49: Frank Gore had X-rays on his left ankle last night and they were negative. Gore said he plans to practice and play vs. Giants.

game over niners win
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
RT @klynch49: Frank Gore had X-rays on his left ankle last night and they were negative. Gore said he plans to practice and play vs. Giants.

game over niners win

I think Hunter will get some more carries. Thing I've noticed with Hunter is that he hasnt been hitting the hole as fast as he did earlier in the year. They need to get him in space maybe throws some screen passes to him.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Baldie:

What were the Loins?

who are the powerhouse teams?

The Giants I guess will be one of the best teams we've played, and a chance to really legitimize our run...but its kind of silly to think that we need to legitimize it to anyone. We are one of the powerhouse teams. They should be saying that this is a chance for the Giants to prove themselves.
Did anyone else get a boner on that pass to Kyle Williams last game? We also went to 4 WRs a few times last game which I believe is the first time all year. The Giants have had lots of injuries to their secondary. I think I read somewhere that the Prince could make his season debut pretty soon. The Giants lead the league in sacks.

Alex is gonna have to make quick decisions this game, if he holds the ball he will get sacked. Its time to get some quick hitters to my Boy Kyle Williams and let that f**ker get to work
If we can go 4-0 on the road against some tough teams, we should be able to beat the Giants at home.

Lets hope they come into this week emotionally drained from the huge win @NE, and the trip across the country doesnt sit too well with them. Also, lets hope Niner fans show up and fill the stadium. were 7-1, lets not sell half of the tickets to Giants fans. we always give up such a bit home field advantage by not having enough fans present to make it loud for the opposing team.
Originally posted by susweel:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

game over niners win

I think Hunter will get some more carries. Thing I've noticed with Hunter is that he hasnt been hitting the hole as fast as he did earlier in the year. They need to get him in space maybe throws some screen passes to him.

If you watch, Jim uses plays multiple times a game then doesn't use them at all for a few games. I don't think we ran one screen yesterday.

I think a new bag of tricks will be used this week then put to bed until we see Pitt and Balt
Originally posted by jreff22:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

game over niners win

If you watch, Jim uses plays multiple times a game then doesn't use them at all for a few games. I don't think we ran one screen yesterday.

I think a new bag of tricks will be used this week then put to bed until we see Pitt and Balt

I havent seen a screen play in weeks.
Originally posted by jreff22:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

game over niners win

I havent seen a screen play in weeks.

exactly
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home