LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYGIANTSFAN516:
LIfelong NY Giants fan, coming to the Game with 5 other NY Giants fans.

Niners have been playing well all year, Giants have had their slip ups (Seattle). I dont count the Redskins game as a slip as, we had a rash of injuries in camp and they werent ready yet week 1.

Eli has played well all year 13 tds 6 picks (one in garbage time vs Seattle)..

Niners have a strong running game, and a stout run defense.

Giants have had their full offensive line together twice this year, and both of those games they ran well.

Bradshaw ( may be out) but Jacobs this past week 22 touches for 100 yards is very servicable.
Nicks and Baas will be back.

Meaning the Giants starting WR are Nicks, Manningham, Slot is Cruz, Emerging star Ballard at TE and Barden as the 4th WR.

The NY Giants never get blown out and they never blow anyone out.

I expect this game to be hard hitting, and hope that it comes down to A. Smith having to make a play. If the Giants can contain Gore to 100 yards on 25 carries, they win the game.

A. Smith is the NY Jets version of Mark Sanchez, he can lose you the game, but he surely isnt going to win it for you.

Either way, this will be a great game and I cant wait to visit SF for the first time of my life.

6 tickets and 2 parking passes we paid $315 total..

See you all at the tailgate party and good luck to both teams

Welcome to the Webzone, hope you guys leave town healthy with a big fat egg on your back.

LIfelong NY Giants fan, coming to the Game with 5 other NY Giants fans.

Niners have been playing well all year, Giants have had their slip ups (Seattle). I dont count the Redskins game as a slip as, we had a rash of injuries in camp and they werent ready yet week 1.

Eli has played well all year 13 tds 6 picks (one in garbage time vs Seattle)..

Niners have a strong running game, and a stout run defense.

Giants have had their full offensive line together twice this year, and both of those games they ran well.

Bradshaw ( may be out) but Jacobs this past week 22 touches for 100 yards is very servicable.
Nicks and Baas will be back.

Meaning the Giants starting WR are Nicks, Manningham, Slot is Cruz, Emerging star Ballard at TE and Barden as the 4th WR.

The NY Giants never get blown out and they never blow anyone out.

I expect this game to be hard hitting, and hope that it comes down to A. Smith having to make a play. If the Giants can contain Gore to 100 yards on 25 carries, they win the game.

A. Smith is the NY Jets version of Mark Sanchez, he can lose you the game, but he surely isnt going to win it for you.

Either way, this will be a great game and I cant wait to visit SF for the first time of my life.

6 tickets and 2 parking passes we paid $315 total..

See you all at the tailgate party and good luck to both teams

3-0 comeback win on the road. TD on a 4th and goal in Detroit. I forgive you as you are not a Niners fan and hasn't pay attention to our team
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
3-0 comeback win on the road. TD on a 4th and goal in Detroit. I forgive you as you are not a Niners fan and hasn't pay attention to our team

My buddy from Modesto CA, biggest Niner fan I have ever seen. Was looking to Dump A. Smith the past 3 years, just like every other Niner fan. Has he improved his game this year, yes. This is the best past rush and pass d he has faced all year, should be very interesting.
People look at the Giants stats and automatically think they cant stop the run.

There are 2 huge runs Fred Jackson 80 yard TD run and McCoy had 1 huge run on us. If you were to take those out, there run D is somewhere around 15th.

100 Yards to Frank Gore we are perfectly fine giving up. Remember there are close to 60 offensive plays per game. If 25 of them are runs, the other 35 are in A. Smith hands, Which our Pass rush and pass D will salivate over.

Giants are ball hawks, and turn teams over constantly.

We will also have Prince Amukamara back, meaning Rolle can go back to safety in stead on playing the slot receiver and that gets Dion Grant off the field in non passing situations.

To be honest, Giants fans arent worried about this game.

The Eagles weren't worried about the Niners game either.

To be honest, Niner fans aren't worried.

Week after week teams come in and say "We must stop Frank Gore, and force Alex to beat us!"

So far so fail.

Why?

Teams have no answer for the other weapons.

Big ? for Giants fans..

How do you stop Delanie Walker and Vernon Davis in all of our run formations? They basically turn into WRs which puts defenses in a rut because they can no longer switch packages at the line.

It's something that defenses still haven't found an answer for.

Bigger ? for GIants fans.....How do you attack this 49ers defense?

Even Megatron couldn't find a way.

I'm waiting.....
[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:32 AM ]
Originally posted by PatrickWillis52:

To put the Eagirls and the Giants in the same breath isnt fair.

Eagles are a group of people, the Giants are a team. That keeps getting better.

This is a HUGE test for the Niners and will be tough for the Giants as well.
Originally posted by verb1der:

To be honest, Niner fans aren't worried.

Week after week teams come in and say "We must stop Frank Gore, and force Alex to beat us!"

So far so fail.

Why?

Teams have no answer for the other weapons.

Big ? for Giants fans..

How do you stop Delanie Walker and Vernon Davis in all of our run formations? They basically turn into WRs which puts defenses in a rut because they can no longer switch packages at the line.

It's something that defenses still haven't found an answer for.

Bigger ? for GIants fans.....How do you attack this 49ers defense?

Even Megatron couldn't find a way.

I'm waiting.....

Michael Boley can cover V.Davis IMO. Boley has the speed but he does lack the size.

Linval Joseph DT will need to have a big game to clog the middle.

Giants dont change the way the play offense, they play their game.

You will see us come out in numerous packages early in the game, to see what your defense will give us/ show us vs them.

This is one reason the Giants play better later in the game. Once they see what the defense is doing, Eli can exploit it.

I listened to your radio station 680 krb or something like that yesterday, and from the phone calls and talk, the NINERS fans are very worried about the Giants. TBH I would be more worried if the Game was in NY. The Giants travel well.
[ Edited by NYGIANTSFAN516 on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:38 AM ]

To put the Eagirls and the Giants in the same breath isnt fair.

Eagles are a group of people, the Giants are a team. That keeps getting better.

This is a HUGE test for the Niners and will be tough for the Giants as well.

This is a big test for the Niners pass defense. So far we've been shredded in the air by NFC East teams that can throw (Dallas and Philly). We need to show big improvement there and continue to run the ball well and it will come down to 4th quarter on what should be a soggy field Sunday.
The key to winning is developing a strong pass rush and strong pass coverage , our front 7 wont allow the Giants to get anything going on the ground, I can see Eli attempting 40+ passes against us when we take their running game away .....Bowman, Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Brooks and Patrick Willis will all shine on sunday.
My buddy from Modesto CA, biggest Niner fan I have ever seen. Was looking to Dump A. Smith the past 3 years, just like every other Niner fan. Has he improved his game this year, yes. This is the best past rush and pass d he has faced all year, should be very interesting.

Cleveland has a better pass defense than the Giants do. Not likely to be a factor but the Niners have run over better run defenses as well. It should be a good game, but seriously, you guys have lost to some really crappy teams this year. Bring your rain gear, it looks to be a wet day and sloppy field for this one.

based on your previous years of being a weird team of starting off hot and ending cold, this game should be more worrisome for you than the niners. They also said A.Smith was gonna crumble against the great lion pass rush, so what does this team do, Let Frank Gore do his thing, Do you honestly think our coaches are going to play to your team's strength which is your pass rush, or your weakness which is your run D. Yeah you beat the pats, but they cant run the ball or play defense. Alex may be an average QB, but i would rather have that then Eli "just throw it up when there is pressure" Manning. I saw him do that s**t twice against the Pats. Plus you guys lost to the Seahawks at home. THE SEAHAWKS AT HOME. I think Eli had a few picks that game, right. Mershawn Lynch has not looked as good before that since the saints playoff run. But hell you had alot of injuries in your linebacking crew, so what makes sense for us to do?
[ Edited by Aacadena on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:47 AM ]
People look at the Giants stats and automatically think they cant stop the run.

There are 2 huge runs Fred Jackson 80 yard TD run and McCoy had 1 huge run on us. If you were to take those out, there run D is somewhere around 15th.

100 Yards to Frank Gore we are perfectly fine giving up. Remember there are close to 60 offensive plays per game. If 25 of them are runs, the other 35 are in A. Smith hands, Which our Pass rush and pass D will salivate over.

Giants are ball hawks, and turn teams over constantly.

We will also have Prince Amukamara back, meaning Rolle can go back to safety in stead on playing the slot receiver and that gets Dion Grant off the field in non passing situations.

I heard prince will be inactive, but is making the trip.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I heard prince will be inactive, but is making the trip.

Well one less person for Frank to run over or Kendall to juke.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

The Dallas and Detroit rush were very good. To be honest, I don't follow the Giants' line to know. Seems like the Giants always have a good pass rush every year since forever. A requirement priority on their defense. Tell me about your line ...

Smith's play have been underrated and understated this year. He doesn't make the flashy big play throws too often so he gets overlooked with his safe, effective decisions with the ball. Make no mistake, he's a good part of why we are 7-1.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
The key to winning is developing a strong pass rush and strong pass coverage , our front 7 wont allow the Giants to get anything going on the ground, I can see Eli attempting 40+ passes against us when we take their running game away .....Bowman, Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Brooks and Patrick Willis will all shine on sunday.

The Giants have had 35 plays of over 20 yards in the passing game and have let up 30.
The Giants have had 2 runs of 20+ yards and let up 7.

The Niners have has 22 pass plays of over 20+ yards and let up 24.
The Niners have had 10 runs of over 20+ yards and only let up ONE.. ( Very Impressive)

These stats basically prove the Niners will be able to run the ball and the Giants will be able to pass the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone