There are 244 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by andes14:
If McDonald for whatever reason can't play, I think we should run a 2-4-5 base D (a la what GB does a bunch) on Sunday. We're so good at stopping the run (and NYG is so mediocre at running the ball) that I feel we can handle it just fine with only 6 in the box and just Sopoaga/J. Smith on the d-line. Our sub package IMO should also be a 3-2-6 (A. Smith, J. Smith, Brooks on d-line) as I don't see RJF having much of an impact vs. Chris Snee and the 6th DB would help a lot in coverage. But hopefully it's all moot since RayMac should be able to give it a go.

i say we keep doing what's been working, what's gotten us to #1 in points allowed. why would we copy what GB does? their defense sucks.
To be honest with you, I just hope nothing goes wrong in this game. It seems like we have had some major bad luck against this team. Whether that's Joe Montana's getting injured, Roger Craig fumbling, Bryant Young's gruesome leg injury, or Mike Nolan's firing. I can take a loss as long as everyone stays healthy. (knocking on wood)
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i can see us losing this one. Might be the slap in the face we need before going into the rest of the season/playoffs.

49-3, Giants.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i can see us losing this one. Might be the slap in the face we need before going into the rest of the season/playoffs.

49-3, Giants.

Lmfao!
[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Nov 8, 2011 at 5:52 AM ]
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
I hope SF shows up for this game. I am not talking about the team, I am talking about the city. We need to pack that stadium with GOLD and RED!

I'll be there!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
I don't see the Giants any better than the Cowboys when we played them earlier in the season. We were up14-0 early in that game. Collapsed late in the 4th. I think we will play the Giants the same way. But I don't see another collapsed on the defense. Niners 27-21. Eli mounting a come back late but defense held on for the win. We will struggle in a shoot out with these guys. The passing game is not the same at this stage without Josh Morgan. He was Alex Smith's crutch. Had the best chemistry and trust between those two.

We must run the ball effectively, I think we will. All phases of the offense must work together to get the passing game going. There were a lot of potential big plays in the passing game the last two weeks that was missed for one reason or another; pass rush, off throws, drop passes, etc. And it was against decent defenses. Washington and Cleveland may not have the offense but their defenses are good.

This game situation is eerily similar to the Bucs game. Which I thought was going to be a close game. But didn't turn out that way at all. Giants came off a big win. We are playing at home. The potential of our guys getting it together in the passing game coupled with our running, may end up lighting them up for a blowout early and often. Can't wait til Sunday
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 8, 2011 at 6:12 AM ]
Originally posted by asu49ers:
To be honest with you, I just hope nothing goes wrong in this game. It seems like we have had some major bad luck against this team. Whether that's Joe Montana's getting injured, Roger Craig fumbling, Bryant Young's gruesome leg injury, or Mike Nolan's firing. I can take a loss as long as everyone stays healthy. (knocking on wood)

1st off Ken Norton is the one who fell on Bryant Young's leg, had nothing to do with the Giants we blew them out the water that game. 2nd you honestly consider Mike Nolan getting fired "bad luck" lol.
I could understand the 1990 NFC championship but other then that we have always whipped their ass at Candlestick, hell do I really need to bring up the 02 wildcard?
[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Nov 8, 2011 at 6:19 AM ]
LIfelong NY Giants fan, coming to the Game with 5 other NY Giants fans.

Niners have been playing well all year, Giants have had their slip ups (Seattle). I dont count the Redskins game as a slip as, we had a rash of injuries in camp and they werent ready yet week 1.

Eli has played well all year 13 tds 6 picks (one in garbage time vs Seattle)..

Niners have a strong running game, and a stout run defense.

Giants have had their full offensive line together twice this year, and both of those games they ran well.

Bradshaw ( may be out) but Jacobs this past week 22 touches for 100 yards is very servicable.
Nicks and Baas will be back.

Meaning the Giants starting WR are Nicks, Manningham, Slot is Cruz, Emerging star Ballard at TE and Barden as the 4th WR.

The NY Giants never get blown out and they never blow anyone out.

I expect this game to be hard hitting, and hope that it comes down to A. Smith having to make a play. If the Giants can contain Gore to 100 yards on 25 carries, they win the game.

A. Smith is the NY Jets version of Mark Sanchez, he can lose you the game, but he surely isnt going to win it for you.

Either way, this will be a great game and I cant wait to visit SF for the first time of my life.

6 tickets and 2 parking passes we paid $315 total..

See you all at the tailgate party and good luck to both teams
[ Edited by NYGIANTSFAN516 on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:07 AM ]
Huge playoff implications this Sunday

When determining home field they look at head to head and then conference record. So if somehow we're tied with NYG for 2nd best record behind GB the winner of this game gets the bye. Plus if we have any hope of stealing #1 seed we need to pad our conference record without a head to head match up with Green Bay.

The conference records as of today:

Green Bay: 6-0
San Francisco: 5-1
New York: 3-2
New Orleans: 3-3

The great thing is that after this Sunday our only remaining conference games are with our pitiful division mates. So if we go to 6-1 in conference this weekend we'll keep the pressure on Green Bay for the #1 seed all the way to the end of the year.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:12 AM ]

Originally posted by NYGIANTSFAN516:
LIfelong NY Giants fan, coming to the Game with 5 other NY Giants fans.

Niners have been playing well all year, Giants have had their slip ups (Seattle). I dont count the Redskins game as a slip as, we had a rash of injuries in camp and they werent ready yet week 1.

Eli has played well all year 13 tds 6 picks (one in garbage time vs Seattle)..

Niners have a strong running game, and a stout run defense.

Giants have had their full offensive line together twice this year, and both of those games they ran well.

Bradshaw ( may be out) but Jacobs this past week 22 touches for 100 yards is very servicable.
Nicks and Baas will be back.

Meaning the Giants starting WR are Nicks, Manningham, Slot is Cruz, Emerging star Ballard at TE and Barden as the 4th WR.

The NY Giants never get blown out and they never blow anyone out.

I expect this game to be hard hitting, and hope that it comes down to A. Smith having to make a play. If the Giants can contain Gore to 100 yards on 25 carries, they win the game.

A. Smith is the NY Jets version of Mark Sanchez, he can lose you the game, but he surely isnt going to win it for you.

Either way, this will be a great game and I cant wait to visit SF for the first time of my life.

6 tickets and 2 parking passes we paid $315 total..

See you all at the tailgate party and good luck to both teams

If Gore gets 25 carries for 100 yards there's no way we lose!
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

Maybe . . . it could be Hunter's 10 carries for 50 yards that makes the difference.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

People look at the Giants stats and automatically think they cant stop the run.

There are 2 huge runs Fred Jackson 80 yard TD run and McCoy had 1 huge run on us. If you were to take those out, there run D is somewhere around 15th.

100 Yards to Frank Gore we are perfectly fine giving up. Remember there are close to 60 offensive plays per game. If 25 of them are runs, the other 35 are in A. Smith hands, Which our Pass rush and pass D will salivate over.

Giants are ball hawks, and turn teams over constantly.

We will also have Prince Amukamara back, meaning Rolle can go back to safety in stead on playing the slot receiver and that gets Dion Grant off the field in non passing situations.

To be honest, Giants fans arent worried about this game.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I just don't think coughlin is even near Harbaugh's level. Coughlin will try to have the Giants focus on basic fundamental football but will be staggered and knocked out by the Niners game plan.

This may be the most out there statement i have heard in years.

Coughlin a super bowl head coach and also took the Jaguars to the AFC Championship, isnt "even near" Harbaughs level. A rookie coach who hasnt won anything in the NFL..

Come on man, I would rethink that statement if I was you.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Vernon Davis is due for a big game!
Share 49ersWebzone