LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 139 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYGIANTSFAN516:
Originally posted by verb1der:

To be honest, Giants fans arent worried about this game.

To be honest, Niner fans aren't worried.

Week after week teams come in and say "We must stop Frank Gore, and force Alex to beat us!"

So far so fail.

Why?

Teams have no answer for the other weapons.

Big ? for Giants fans..

How do you stop Delanie Walker and Vernon Davis in all of our run formations? They basically turn into WRs which puts defenses in a rut because they can no longer switch packages at the line.

It's something that defenses still haven't found an answer for.

Bigger ? for GIants fans.....How do you attack this 49ers defense?

Even Megatron couldn't find a way.

I'm waiting.....

Michael Boley can cover V.Davis IMO. Boley has the speed but he does lack the size.

Linval Joseph DT will need to have a big game to clog the middle.

Giants dont change the way the play offense, they play their game.

You will see us come out in numerous packages early in the game, to see what your defense will give us/ show us vs them.

This is one reason the Giants play better later in the game. Once they see what the defense is doing, Eli can exploit it.

I listened to your radio station 680 krb or something like that yesterday, and from the phone calls and talk, the NINERS fans are very worried about the Giants. TBH I would be more worried if the Game was in NY. The Giants travel well.

Your answers show no kind strategy at all. All you seem to have is hope.

How will you account for Delanie Walker and Braylon and Crabtree on the edges? You're going to man these guys?

I can keep going, our FB Bruce Miller, he can catch TDs. lol

Joe Staley? He can catch too...lol

Isaac Sopoaga? He can catch too! lol

Your Dline will ALL have to have big games, matter of fact they will probably have to play their best game of the year this Sunday. Can they have big games consistently, more likely NOT! Plus there are mis-matches ALL OVER THE FIELD, it's not even funny.

As far as Giants on offense. What do you guys present that the 49ers haven't seen yet?

The 49ers defense brings consistent pressure, regardless of how many rushers are sent. I can say with utmost confidence that Eli Manning has not faced a defense like this. If you think otherwise, then who have you faced that's equal calibur?

6 straight wins, teams still haven't figured it out.
[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
The key to winning is developing a strong pass rush and strong pass coverage , our front 7 wont allow the Giants to get anything going on the ground, I can see Eli attempting 40+ passes against us when we take their running game away .....Bowman, Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Brooks and Patrick Willis will all shine on sunday.

The Giants have had 35 plays of over 20 yards in the passing game and have let up 30.
The Giants have had 2 runs of 20+ yards and let up 7.

The Niners have has 22 pass plays of over 20+ yards and let up 24.
The Niners have had 10 runs of over 20+ yards and only let up ONE.. ( Very Impressive)

These stats basically prove the Niners will be able to run the ball and the Giants will be able to pass the ball.

I fee like all 24 came against T. BROWN.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
3-0 comeback win on the road. TD on a 4th and goal in Detroit. I forgive you as you are not a Niners fan and hasn't pay attention to our team

My buddy from Modesto CA, biggest Niner fan I have ever seen. Was looking to Dump A. Smith the past 3 years, just like every other Niner fan. Has he improved his game this year, yes. This is the best past rush and pass d he has faced all year, should be very interesting.

The Dallas and Detroit rush were very good. To be honest, I don't follow the Giants' line to know. Seems like the Giants always have a good pass rush every year since forever. A requirement priority on their defense. Tell me about your line ...

Smith's play have been underrated and understated this year. He doesn't make the flashy big play throws too often so he gets overlooked with his safe, effective decisions with the ball. Make no mistake, he's a good part of why we are 7-1.

Our pass rush consists of 5 players.

Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, JPP, Tollefson,
On sure passing downs We can rush
Kiwinauka- Jason Pierre Paul- Osi & Tuck

Also Tollefson 4 sacks is servicable to give these guys a breather.

The Giants will also blitz Boley at times.

Our DT is Linval Joseph (young) and Chris Canty (veteran).

Giants weekness is there young rookie Linebackers (Greg Jones , Jaquain Williams)
[ Edited by NYGIANTSFAN516 on Nov 8, 2011 at 7:53 AM ]
This is gonna be a tough game, wouldnt be shocked if we lost. Giants are a good team. I think its gonna be a close game and hopefully bad Eli shows up

Niners win 20-17
Originally posted by valrod33:
This is gonna be a tough game, wouldnt be shocked if we lost. Giants are a good team. I think its gonna be a close game and hopefully bad Eli shows up

Niners win 20-17

Bad ELI hasnt shown up all year.

Yes I know you will reference the 3 int game VS Seattle.

1 Pick was on ELI.
1 Pick was Cruz slipped or its a game winning TD .
and the last pick was garbage time 4th down play.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Niners win 20-17

1 Pick was on ELI.

I know, thats why im saying I hope this is the game he shows up. He has been playing very good this year. Im impressed cuz ive never really liked the guy
Lets not get too worried guys. This is the same Giants team that lost in Washington and lost at home to the seachickens. They had a good win over the Bills at home and last week at the pats but have lost to 2 bad teams and have had a fairly easy schedule. The niners are by far the best defense the Giants will have faced this year and start what will be a tough stretch for the Giants in the second half of their schedule. I think this will be a very good game and will prove which team has what it takes.

1 Pick was on ELI.

Eli'xcuses, hahahahahahaha!

1 Pick was on ELI.

Bad Eli shows up when he starts throwing off his back foot, sometimes without even being pressured. I got to watch that loss to the shehawks, it was a painful thing to endure, that was a sure bet win for you guys to me. That was bad Eli, and poor defense. The defense is going to have to play better this week if they are going to win, the Niners are much better than the shehawks. I think both teams passing games will be limited by the weather, so it might become an old school slog fest.
Originally posted by walker807:
Lets not get too worried guys. This is the same Giants team that lost in Washington and lost at home to the seachickens. They had a good win over the Bills at home and last week at the pats but have lost to 2 bad teams and have had a fairly easy schedule. The niners are by far the best defense the Giants will have faced this year and start what will be a tough stretch for the Giants in the second half of their schedule. I think this will be a very good game and will prove which team has what it takes.

Lost in Washington with 9 starters missing the game..

And yes we played like s**t vs Seattle, but if Cruz catches that ball we win.

49ers have 2 impressive wins IMO Vs Lions and Vs Tampa.
They also lost to Dallas at home when Romo had broken ribs and punctured lung.

Every team has a bad loss, its the NFL.

49ers Schedule hasnt been that hard either

Browns
Seattle
Eagles
Redskins
Tampa (Who you destroyed)

Giants had
Miami
Arizona
Eagles
Rams

We also beat the 4-1 Bills and 5-2 Patriots (on the road)
[ Edited by NYGIANTSFAN516 on Nov 8, 2011 at 8:12 AM ]

This Eli will show up in SF

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
This Eli will show up in SF

[ Edited by NYGIANTSFAN516 on Nov 8, 2011 at 8:16 AM ]
Lost in Washington with 9 starters missing the game..

And yes we played like s**t vs Seattle, but if Cruz catches that ball we win.

49ers have 2 impressive wins IMO Vs Lions and Vs Tampa.
They also lost to Dallas at home when Romo had broken ribs and punctured lung.

Every team has a bad loss, its the NFL.

49ers Schedule hasnt been that hard either

Browns
Seattle
Eagles
Redskins
Tampa (Who you destroyed)

Giants had
Miami
Arizona
Eagles
Rams

We also beat the 4-1 Bills and 5-2 Patriots (on the road)
Miami? ari? rams? mind you we are 4-0 on the road. the giants wil have their hands full with our D, this is the best D in the nfl.
Niners d has been great, but you havent seen a WR core this deep.
First of all we are the ones that broke Romo's ribs. 2nd, we went on the road and beat the Bengals 6-2. Say what you want about the past, but they are legit right now! We have only played one div game and through 8 games, the teams we have played have the best winning percentage of anyone in the league so far. If the Niners were going to implode it would have been the first 8 weeks. This team in crazy consistent, which i think is the formula for a high degree of success. gonna be a great game sunday!!!! Also havent allowed a 100 yard rusher in 30 games now! its on ELI which i dont mind to much.
Share 49ersWebzone