There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Please, post all the game day happenings here. ALL reactions and observations from the game go here. However, if you have something like an end of quarter analysis thread you would like to post go ahead and make it it's own thread. Please make sure someone didn't beat you to it before you post it.

All threads that are posted out of the game day thread will be deleted and the user may be warned. In the cases where it is appropriate to merge threads (like if an injury happens and everyone reports it at the same time) we will do so.
If you want a more interactive experience please check the live chat:
http://49erswebzone.com/chat.shtml

INFO: When? Sunday, November 13, 2011

Where? San Francisco, CA

When?
Post all your Pre-Game musings on this thread. All other threads re the game will be merged with this thread.

Go 9ers!
I live in NYC...F*** the Giants and their fans...i hope they get shutout and the world is shown that eli is not elite...
7-1 vs 6-2.

Big game at home!

Go Niners!
7-1 vs. 6-2. One team leading the West and the other on top of the East. Should be a good game.

I think the 9ers win it though!!!
Giants have a good pass rush, we have to block effectively. Eli is playing well also, so we have to get after him and watch the speedy Cruz. Hopefully Hicks stays banged up.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Giants have a good pass rush, we have to block effectively. Eli is playing well also, so we have to get after him and watch the speedy Cruz. Hopefully Hicks stays banged up.

Aldon will make Eli go running to his big brother for support. The 9ers are going to bring the black angel of whoopass!!!
I hope SF shows up for this game. I am not talking about the team, I am talking about the city. We need to pack that stadium with GOLD and RED!
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
I hope SF shows up for this game. I am not talking about the team, I am talking about the city. We need to pack that stadium with GOLD and RED!

Agree. There better not be a crap load of Giants fan who fly in for the game and takeover the stadium. I want the place rocking!!!!
Niners always bring their A game when they play big games. I'm fully confident that they'll do the same for this game. Go Niners!!!
Eli has 4 fourth quarter comebacks this year
Alex has 3 fourth quarter comebacks this year.

Should be a good one
This is going to be a telling game with national attention -- a true test. The 49ers are going to be tested by a really good pass rush, pretty good defense. They can't come out and look offensively inept or anemic in this game! On defense, Eli will test the secondary and they have a pretty good Oline.

1. I expect the 9ers offense to try to establish the run and then go play action a lot to slow down the pass rush.
2. As for offensive wrinkles, I expect to see the screen game appear for the first time.
3. For defense, to get to Eli, look for Fangio to send some new blitzes -- corners and safeties even.

I expect this to be a low scoring game. If the 9ers win, the national audience will believe the 9ers are legit. If we play them very close, 9ers still get a lot of credibility. If we fall flat and look inept, the 7-1 record will be called a mirage -- which will only encourage the other NFC West team to try and upstage us at the end of the season. This is a HUGE confidence game.
I feel good about the matchup against the Giants. We run the ball on them. Their secondary isn't all that. Don't run the ball well. And special team is iffy.

We have to play pedal to the metal. Can't let them hang around. The Giants and Eli live for that sh*t. We put some long drives together. Force Eli to score quickly. He will give us a bunch of WTF plays. Teddy Ginn will light them up.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 7, 2011 at 7:37 AM ]
I really hope we can see some more consistency in the passing game. Not knocking on the run game, but teams will eventually figure the 9ers out. But overall Alex Smith has been playing pretty well. I think the skies the limit for Alex. Imagine what he'll be able to do next year if the organization decides to resign him... =)