LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by susweel:
This game might determine if we get a first round bye or not.

We really need the seats to fill for this game

as Fans we need to do our part

That's one thing I'm worried about is a repeat of the Cowboy game. I'm afraid a lot of fans gave up their tickets back in the Summer when the drum beat was all about how horrible we'd be.
I think we finally come back down to Earth this game but split ravens / steelers.

I just feel like the Giants are on a roll after beating the Patriots and their passing game maybe a wake up call for Harbaugh. Hope I'm wrong.

this is exactly right. This is, in many ways, a playoff game for us. That's how we have to approach it.
Roger Craig running up the middle against the Giants brings back bad memories. You might as well show a picture of their defensive players holding hands and praying on their field goal attempt.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

this is exactly right. This is, in many ways, a playoff game for us. That's how we have to approach it.

Not only that but it will give us an idea of how we might perform in the playoffs against other playoff caliber teams.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
We've beaten two 6-2 teams on the road this season. Might as well beat one at home.
we have to hit eli and make him uncomfortable, he will force passes.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
we have to hit eli and make him uncomfortable, he will force passes.

I noticed yesterday and even the announcers mentioned it but he throws off his backfoot a lot which leads to ugly passes. We need to pressure Eli, maybe this is the game Fangio brings the blitzes
Giants are 25th against the run, I expect another big game for Gore and Hunter!

Originally posted by rserda:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Not only that but it will give us an idea of how we might perform in the playoffs against other playoff caliber teams.

yup. i think we can win--i think we've beaten teams as talented as the NYG. but this is really, IMO, the one game we can't lose the rest of the year, in terms of playoff positioning. We'll have the same record as them but lose the tiebreaker, and two conference losses will likely kill the possibility of the #1 seed.

Losing to Baltimore or Pitt is not as big of a deal. Not only is this game another test against teams of our caliber, but it has important long-term ramifications.
Count me as one who's worried about this game. The Giants play down to their competition, but when they know who they're facing is good, they bring it. We have to do A LOT of things right to win this game. I'm concerned about our secondary giving up big plays. If Manning has time, he will shred us.

If we can dominate with running the ball, and keep their offense off the field, we will likely win. We need to create turnovers on defense and convert those into touchdowns. Doing so really discourages the opponent. Most of all we must protect Alex. If the Giants manage to stop Gore, we've got to block well enough for him to hit his receivers. I don't want to see him getting hit and sacked relentlessly like Brady was.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 7, 2011 at 9:35 AM ]
Not scurrrred
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I think we finally come back down to Earth this game but split ravens / steelers.

I just feel like the Giants are on a roll after beating the Patriots and their passing game maybe a wake up call for Harbaugh. Hope I'm wrong.

It's possible, but I think Harbaugh will have our guys ready. Plus they had the emotional win yesterday against the Pats followed by a cross country flight makes me believe we're catching them on a good week.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If we limit them to 8 or 9 possessions, we will win.
Share 49ersWebzone