There are 259 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Threads like these make me want to go postal

6 - 1 not pretty enough for Sus and Shaj.... ....

I'm happy with the record but not happy with the QB play. I'm sorry I guess watching years of Steve and Joe has left my standards for my QB very high.

No, your memory doesn't allow you to think of the times where Steve and Joe didn't play well. I'm not saying Alex compares to either of those two because he doesn't, but even when we had Steve and Joe, they didn't play at a HOF level EVERY game. To think so is complete lunacy. Even the greatest QBs of all time have the occasional bad game.
Alex has never played like a HOFer, not for 1 game in his career. He's only topped 300 yards like 4 times.....In 7 years
We get 10+ yard pass plays to Isaac Sopoaga and Joe Staley and people are still stating that our playcalling was bland and predictable.

I agree with the people saying it was lack of execution on a handful of plays and an over reliance on Frank Gore. Gore's been playing great but we can't get away from sharing the carries with Kendall.
Originally posted by 9erempire:
it's really not Alex's fault when the gameplan today was very predictable in the 2nd half.

Our best play in the second half was to throw to our O-Line....really?

If you think that the play you are describing as our best 2nd half play is because of the playcalling rather than Alex overthrowing easy touchdown passes, then you just being a blind Alex supporter. No other possible reason.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
We get 10+ yard pass plays to Isaac Sopoaga and Joe Staley and people are still stating that our playcalling was bland and predictable.

I agree with the people saying it was lack of execution on a handful of plays and an over reliance on Frank Gore. Gore's been playing great but we can't get away from sharing the carries with Kendall.

those are gimmick plays and don't expect to win many games by throwing to our O-Line.

We didn't get to where we are by doing that.
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Alex isn't very good....I been saying that throughout this win streak. 90% of his passes are thrown under 10 yards.....2 weeks ago people were calling him a top 10, even a top 5 QB. He aint very good! Period.

Trent Dilfer circa 2000

As long as he doesn't throw INT's, I'm ok. We will make the playoffs, Superbowl is another story

I don't know what people you are talking about, but other than people giving Alex credit for not turning the ball over, nobody has called him a top ten quarterback, much less top five... .
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Oct 30, 2011 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:
Passes to Snyder and Soap would say the answer to that question is no.
this but the pass wasn't to snyder it was to staley.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

those are gimmick plays and don't expect to win many games by throwing to our O-Line.

no, but we did get a couple of 1st downs today because of it. I'm not saying we should do that all the time, just to do what works. And those plays worked, and are anything but bland and predictable.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
I don't know what people you are talking about, but other than people giving Alex credit for not turning the ball over, nobody has called him a top ten quarterback, much less top five... .

ACTUALLY....

Kurt Warner said Alex Smith was a top 5 QB on NFL Network.

Now who do i believe? some nobody on an internet forum, or someone who actually played the game and knows what a top 5 QB looks like?

True, but we didn't get to where we are with a prolific passing attack to begin with. There's a reason why we're 30th in that department.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Alex isn't very good....I been saying that throughout this win streak. 90% of his passes are thrown under 10 yards.....2 weeks ago people were calling him a top 10, even a top 5 QB. He aint very good! Period.

Trent Dilfer circa 2000

As long as he doesn't throw INT's, I'm ok. We will make the playoffs, Superbowl is another story

both u guys are haters! alex played a very good game, over threw a couple of guys. but this a very very good game. quit hatin on the guy.. please he still has only been in this offense for 3 months give the guy a chance! alex can ball it up.

haters are going to hate alex
Originally posted by THEB:
ACTUALLY....

Kurt Warner said Alex Smith was a top 5 QB on NFL Network.

Now who do i believe? some nobody on an internet forum, or someone who actually played the game and knows what a top 5 QB looks like?

personal attack...
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Threads like these make me want to go postal

6 - 1 not pretty enough for Sus and Shaj.... ....

I'm happy with the record but not happy with the QB play. I'm sorry I guess watching years of Steve and Joe has left my standards for my QB very high.

No, your memory doesn't allow you to think of the times where Steve and Joe didn't play well. I'm not saying Alex compares to either of those two because he doesn't, but even when we had Steve and Joe, they didn't play at a HOF level EVERY game. To think so is complete lunacy. Even the greatest QBs of all time have the occasional bad game.
Alex has never played like a HOFer, not for 1 game in his career. He's only topped 300 yards like 4 times.....In 7 years

And that stat proves what?
Just so we're clear I'm not hating Alex. Our play calling isn't boring and predictable by any stretch. Most of the time when we got stopped it's because we screwed the play up. Crabtree dropped a 1st down pass. Alex missed a couple of throws.

I think there was an over reliance on Gore in the 2nd half too. We have to continue to split carries with him and Kendall.
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
both u guys are haters! alex played a very good game, over threw a couple of guys. but this a very very good game. quit hatin on the guy.. please he still has only been in this offense for 3 months give the guy a chance! alex can ball it up.

Thats where your wrong. I don't hate Alex and have been one of his biggest supporters since his arrival. I have been sterotyped a Alexcuse guy many times and just because I think its crazy to say this guy is a top five quaterback doesn't mean that I do not respect the terrific game managing the man has been putting forth out there, Not to mention I was very impressed with the amount of leadership he showed in the offseason during the lockout. But Alex is not in the same league with guys like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers. Is he solid, yes, but not great. Will he ever be, we will see but right now he is not a top five quarterback in the NFL.

While we're on this, why is it when somebody isn't completely kissing everybody's jock on the 49ers, that person is a hater. Some of you guys crack me up...
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Oct 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone