There are 184 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Alex isn't very good....I been saying that throughout this win streak. 90% of his passes are thrown under 10 yards.....2 weeks ago people were calling him a top 10, even a top 5 QB. He aint very good! Period.

Trent Dilfer circa 2000

As long as he doesn't throw INT's, I'm ok. We will make the playoffs, Superbowl is another story

Oh brother.

So what exactly wrong with what he said.

Somebody who isn't good is a liability, so far Alex doesn't seem to be one.
I think Alex was a bit erratic today, so Harbaugh decided to tighten the reigns.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I'm with you on the bootleg--as I'm sure my neighbors can attest to. At points in the game you could feel our coaching staff had it in mind that they wanted to break the Browns with gut shots. To the Browns' credit, they absorbed those punches all game long and didn't break. That's going to be a scary D very soon.

Yeah, seems if they seen they where 19th against the run and 1st against the pass so they wanted to pound it out. (to put it simply) I thought they would be a 7-8 win team this year. They aren't as bad as people where saying and I didn't expect us to blow them out. I know they have played some bad offenses but they still have the 4th ranked defense in yards allowed. They just need a little more talent offensively, a few pieces here and there....
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 30, 2011 at 6:12 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Threads like these make me want to go postal

6 - 1 not pretty enough for Sus and Shaj.... ....

I'm happy with the record but not happy with the QB play. I'm sorry I guess watching years of Steve and Joe has left my standards for my QB very high.
Originally posted by susweel:

I'm happy with the record but not happy with the QB play. I'm sorry I guess watching years of Steve and Joe has left my standards for my QB very high.

~ 9 TD's, 2 Int's.
~ High QB rating.
~ Command of division.
~ 6 - 1 record as starter.

Simply terrible...
You cant say anything negative without everyone freaking out. Saying Alex Smith isn't very good is a compliment. Were 6-1, otherwise saying he sucked would still be the norm. Alex can be Trent Dilfer for us, but he's not ever gonna be a Pro Bowl guy, Superbowl guy....Top 5 type guy

Cosign.

(I'm thrilled Alex is improving. I'm thrilled Alex is exceeding expectations. I'm thrilled Alex has become a great game manager. But I'm not satisfied with this level of QB play, regardless of the name on the back of our QBs jersey.)
it's really not Alex's fault when the gameplan today was very predictable in the 2nd half.

Our best play in the second half was to throw to our O-Line....really?

That's your problem. That admission is the first step toward recovery.

No, your memory doesn't allow you to think of the times where Steve and Joe didn't play well. I'm not saying Alex compares to either of those two because he doesn't, but even when we had Steve and Joe, they didn't play at a HOF level EVERY game. To think so is complete lunacy. Even the greatest QBs of all time have the occasional bad game.

~ 9 TD's, 2 Int's.
~ High QB rating.
~ Command of division.
~ 6 - 1 record as starter.

Simply terrible...

This.

He is playing well enough to win. Its not MVP numbers but it gets us the W
i think they went vanilla in the 2nd half on purpose. not worried.

washington here we come
Oh hai there thread... thanks for reminding me why I don't go to Niner Talk often.

Our playcalling today was money.
Our D better get a bunch of sacks next week, didn't the Bills get 9 today? Look for Aldon to have a big day.
I don't think Niner fans are whining about a win.

I think they addressed some issues that need to be considered and that is our horrible 2nd half play calling, that could have resorted in a loss.

A lot of fans on here have only witnessed a winning attitude recently and as far as 2002....I have been a long time Niner fan and I will be critical of my team because I look as this team as elite and not just settling for ugly wins.

Do Pats and Packer fans accept ugly wins?...no. They expect that much more of their teams.
Share 49ersWebzone