There are 168 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are likely in for another grinder in Washington. I sense a pattern here. To be truthful I like it. Good game this week. I'm so looking forward to a win in Washington.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
the officiating has been bad all year long, IMO.

HOWEVER, that hit is a penalty, each and every time, whether we like it or not. Goldson knows that. He can't do that. It's not fair, its stupid, but that's the way it is. Every single officiating crew is going to call that a penalty.

Agree
Originally posted by QBguru:

HOWEVER, that hit is a penalty, each and every time, whether we like it or not. Goldson knows that. He can't do that. It's not fair, its stupid, but that's the way it is. Every single officiating crew is going to call that a penalty.

I seen the replay a times and goldson hit him with his forearm. Thats fine. Call it a penalty but as I said these penalties MUST be reviewable because its gonna cost a team a game soon.

there are too many stoppages in the game already. every time i blinked today it was another commercial. players need to learn the rules and play accordingly. that's just how it is. ideally the refs will call a clean game, but the players need to make sure they are playing within the rules. we don't have to like the rule changes--i certainly think Goldson's hit should be clean--but when it comes down to it, you know they are going to call that every time so you just can't do it. i don't think reviewing penalties will benefit the game in any way.

You wont be saying that the NFL shouldnt review penalties if we lose a big game because the refs call a penalty on a legal hit.
So what if a game is longer than normal? An extra 10-15 minutes isn't going to ruin the game. Take the refs out of the game more and the let the team determine the outcome.
Alex overthrew a wide open Crabtree. But besides that what "easy touchdown" did Alex overthrow on?
Our play calling has been awesome, our schemes have been lights out. Good things are happening in the Bay Area!
How many picks does Rogers get?
I hope they stick with Beck one more week!!
  • lyer
  • Veteran
i say we just start executing players that draw penalties and theyre reviewable, if the ref was wrong he does as well.
Goldson was not a helmet to helmet hit. I thought it was clean. He lead with his forearms. I'm also at a loss for how there was enough evidence to say that Gore was not in on one TD and then suddenly there was not enough evidence to show he was in the next play? That Goldson hit is a big deal IMO. It should be a demoralizer for the other team and it should have left them out of FG range. Instead 15 free yards.
Its league wide. Are the refs now determining the games? Not sure if its the refs fault I think the new rules are too subjective and leads to bad calls. Maybe we need full time refs or fine the s$$t out of them

I seen the replay a times and goldson hit him with his forearm. Thats fine. Call it a penalty but as I said these penalties MUST be reviewable because its gonna cost a team a game soon.

there are too many stoppages in the game already. every time i blinked today it was another commercial. players need to learn the rules and play accordingly. that's just how it is. ideally the refs will call a clean game, but the players need to make sure they are playing within the rules. we don't have to like the rule changes--i certainly think Goldson's hit should be clean--but when it comes down to it, you know they are going to call that every time so you just can't do it. i don't think reviewing penalties will benefit the game in any way.

You wont be saying that the NFL shouldnt review penalties if we lose a big game because the refs call a penalty on a legal hit.
So what if a game is longer than normal? An extra 10-15 minutes isn't going to ruin the game. Take the refs out of the game more and the let the team determine the outcome.

yes i will. as much i like that replay helps get things right, for the most part, i still think that officiating is a human element of the game and that not having replay isn't the end of the world. just because a fan can see how things go after looking at an HD slow motion replay from a bunch of different angles doesn't mean that its an injustice if the refs, watching it unfold in real time, from one angle, with human eyes, don't see the exact same thing.

penalties are not always clear cut like other reviewable issues like possession, or whether a player is in bounds, or whatever. And if you can review penalties, can you review plays where penalties weren't called? "Oh hey ref there was a hold on that play go look at it again." That's just getting petty and stupid. The refs can do better but when it comes down to it we just need to let them do their jobs. Its a part of the sport.
Gotta play better, Usually when a team gets embarrassed (I.E. Shut out....like Wash. was today) They come out the following week trying to prove they are a better team than they showed the week before.... I optimistic that we can go to the East coast and get another win, but I don't think it'll be easy!
Both the playcalling and execution was off in the 2nd half. Can't place the blame on just one aspect of the offense.

How in the world is a play-action WR screen a good play on 3rd and 10?!

How does A.Smith overthrow Crabtree so badly on what could have been a HUGE play?!

Its definitely a combination of everything, and also the fact that the Browns have a top 5 D in the league. That's gotta count for something.
Originally posted by tmpluff:
Gotta play better, Usually when a team gets embarrassed (I.E. Shut out....like Wash. was today) They come out the following week trying to prove they are a better team than they showed the week before.... I optimistic that we can go to the East coast and get another win, but I don't think it'll be easy!

Only difference is they are on a 3 game loosing streak, we can only hope this loss was bad enough to break their wills.
I know I sound like a broken record when it comes to Goldson, but if he'd just make an effort to wrap the guy up rather than do that shoulder barge thing, he'd be a lot better off. Hard tackles don't seem to draw that flag, hard hits seem to get it every time.
Share 49ersWebzone