LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We will need our run defense to have a big day.
the officiating has been bad all year long, IMO.

HOWEVER, that hit is a penalty, each and every time, whether we like it or not. Goldson knows that. He can't do that. It's not fair, its stupid, but that's the way it is. Every single officiating crew is going to call that a penalty.
The Goldson hit looked like a really hard hit. I didn't see helmet to helmet. It looked like his arms and upper body hit the player. It was totally abusurd. I think sometimes if the hit is really hard and they see a player down they think it is a penalty. But it wasn't.
This is the game WE REALLY AIR IT OUT, Washington should at least be 30th defending the pass after today's shut-out to the Bills; and Carlos Rogers wants some revenge.
That hit on Alex should have been a penalty according to the way the Refs were calling them.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
The running game wasn't so hot, but the passing playcalling was very good.

Alex Smith had 3 or 4 overthrows that would've been big gains or TDs. If he hits on some of those plays, the 49ers are moving and could've broken the game wide-open. I give the second half a C- on offense, but it's not as bad as the score/numbers indicate. A little sharper performance by Alex could've easily made that into a B+ performance.

The big thing is that they didn't turn the ball over. They scored a field goal late in the game to make it a two-possession game.

The run game wasn't so hot. Wtf, didn't the run game carry da offense in the first have. If I'm rite gore almost had as many rush yds as smith had passing yards what! It could b jus me but a RB isn't post 2 to have 100yds himself while da QB has less da 150yds 1 or no TD's but da pass playcalling was good. How would you no, smith pass yards were low so was da TD's & smith's accuracy was kinda bad dis game. I could be wrong doe & seen sumthin else. Still glad we got da win. 6-1 go! Niners!
This is going to be a dog fight. I don't think we will run at Washington, so this game is on Alex Smith's shoulders.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This is the game WE REALLY AIR IT OUT, Washington should at least be 30th defending the pass after today's shut-out to the Bills; and Carlos Rogers wants some revenge.

Hope so
Originally posted by HessianDud:
the officiating has been bad all year long, IMO.

HOWEVER, that hit is a penalty, each and every time, whether we like it or not. Goldson knows that. He can't do that. It's not fair, its stupid, but that's the way it is. Every single officiating crew is going to call that a penalty.

I seen the replay a times and goldson hit him with his forearm. Thats fine. Call it a penalty but as I said these penalties MUST be reviewable because its gonna cost a team a game soon.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
That also looked like a legal hit to me too, although I would have liked to see it again in slow motion. Also, it did look like Gore got in on 4th down (if not first down). But I will take that since we got the TD last week from Delanie that won the game, and that TD was debatable (I am still not sure if he got in or not).

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
This is going to be a dog fight. I don't think we will run at Washington, so this game is on Alex Smith's shoulders.

The more we win, the bigger target on our backs. More and more games will be intense with teams wanting to knock us off.
even the 1980's 49ers played run out the clock in second halves of games up 14 points--it usually went better than today--but the theory was the same.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Alex isn't very good....I been saying that throughout this win streak. 90% of his passes are thrown under 10 yards.....2 weeks ago people were calling him a top 10, even a top 5 QB. He aint very good! Period.

Trent Dilfer circa 2000

As long as he doesn't throw INT's, I'm ok. We will make the playoffs, Superbowl is another story

Oh brother.

So what exactly wrong with what he said.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
We will need our run defense to have a big day.

Ummm our run d has a big day every game.
i didn't think the justin smith hit was a penalty--he didn't hit the QB's helmet.
[ Edited by sfninerfanMax on Oct 30, 2011 at 6:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone