There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
As soon as the ball was snapped, I knew it was going to be either a sack of a turnover. Staley got beat off the snap so bad.

It hurts when u can see it coming like that.

idk i thought there was a glimmer of hope that smith would step up in the pocket, but no

he had enough room to take 2 steps up, he took 1 and bam he was stripped already, because staley was sucking bosch's cock.
Even if he did read zone at the line it's still the right throw. I don't think we can know if he read zone or man from that.

I'm sure he noticed the safety on the WR and the CB on the TE...that tells you it's zone.
What's with the Crabtree hate?

Anyways anyone complaining that the route was the 2nd most likely to score is an idiot. We get that read 10 times we score a touchdown 10 times. Well he might have dropped the ball once or twice but you get the point. The play was there.
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
As soon as the ball was snapped, I knew it was going to be either a sack of a turnover. Staley got beat off the snap so bad.

It hurts when u can see it coming like that.

Yeah, it was like it was happening in slow motion...
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
As soon as the ball was snapped, I knew it was going to be either a sack of a turnover. Staley got beat off the snap so bad.

It hurts when u can see it coming like that.

Yeah, it was like it was happening in slow motion...

What I love the most about that sack strip, is how Alex was kinda looking around like... WTF just happened, I would have had an open WR.
he had a perfect jump off the snap, props to KVB
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
As soon as the ball was snapped, I knew it was going to be either a sack of a turnover. Staley got beat off the snap so bad.

It hurts when u can see it coming like that.

idk i thought there was a glimmer of hope that smith would step up in the pocket, but no

he had enough room to take 2 steps up, he took 1 and bam he was stripped already, because staley was sucking bosch's cock.

still could've avoided it, he had tons of room to step up
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
still could've avoided it, he had tons of room to step up

The broadcasters kept saying that "suH" was pushing the middle of the pocket back towards the QB so he didn't have room to step up. (you could be right, I don't remember completely if he had tons of room, it did look like he had enough space to at least step up a little bit, but he really looked surprised that he got hit that fast.
It's not like Smith had a controller in his hand.
[ Edited by Shorteous on Oct 22, 2011 at 7:30 PM ]
These guys get paid to talk, if there is nothing there talk anyway. Mangini has been fired twice and he's desperate for #3. Maybe there is some owner that believes what he says and signs him or McDaniels or Weiss or Crennel to a long term deal.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
The broadcasters kept saying that "suH" was pushing the middle of the pocket back towards the QB so he didn't have room to step up. (you could be right, I don't remember completely if he had tons of room, it did look like he had enough space to at least step up a little bit, but he really looked surprised that he got hit that fast.

yea i saw the play multiple times he had lots of room, he's managed to step up and avoid those kinds of sacks before so during the play i thought he might do it again
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Aacadena:
No defense for a great pass and a 250 lb TE carrying a safety for a TD

This...it was a perfect play. Alex correctly read a small DB on Walker and that's a big mismatch there considering we only need a few yards. It was a perfect read.

Agree
Originally posted by HearstFan:
In reviewing the Vanden Bosch -- I don't think he was off-sides, to me, he seems to move right on the snap and cross the line as the snap is going back to Smith. The discouraging thing about the review -- if Staley didn't get owned on a simple outside speed rush -- it looks like Smith had both VD in the seam and the outside receiver break open for potentially big gains.

That could have totally changed the way the game opened, and taken the crowd down a notch.

What I like about this is that JH seems to have called a pretty agressive opening play. Good coaching again!

You might criticize that the play should have planned to give help to Vanden Bosch's side if the throw was to go deep. But I say Staley should have done his job better.

Yeah Smith was looking down the field. I loved the play call. You would think that an experienced LT would know that they are going to bring the speed on the very first play being at home and all. Staley needs to be more aggressive in engaging in pass blocking IMO
Originally posted by tjd808185:
What's with the Crabtree hate?

Anyways anyone complaining that the route was the 2nd most likely to score is an idiot. We get that read 10 times we score a touchdown 10 times. Well he might have dropped the ball once or twice but you get the point. The play was there.

because the WZ can't hate Jed, Baalke, Vernon & Alex anymore so they need someone new to pick on
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Oct 22, 2011 at 8:11 PM ]
It's a credit to Smith and Walker that they made the winning play regardless of coverage. 4th and goal. Smith threw the ball. Walker caught it and dragged his guy into the end zone. Man or zone -- doesn't matter. Will not be denied. Good stuff

4th down play. It wasn't about taking what the defense gives you anymore. It was taking what we want.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 22, 2011 at 8:25 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home