LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 191 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HearstFan:
In reviewing the Vanden Bosch -- I don't think he was off-sides, to me, he seems to move right on the snap and cross the line as the snap is going back to Smith. The discouraging thing about the review -- if Staley didn't get owned on a simple outside speed rush -- it looks like Smith had both VD in the seam and the outside receiver break open for potentially big gains.

That could have totally changed the way the game opened, and taken the crowd down a notch.

What I like about this is that JH seems to have called a pretty agressive opening play. Good coaching again!

You might criticize that the play should have planned to give help to Vanden Bosch's side if the throw was to go deep. But I say Staley should have done his job better.

How were you able to see video of the receivers down the field? The TV cameras only showed the sack with subsequent fumble recovery.
  • flow
  • Veteran
If Alex threw to Crabtree on that play, Captain Tip-drill would have saved the day... for the Lions.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
How were you able to see video of the receivers down the field? The TV cameras only showed the sack with subsequent fumble recovery.

On NFL Rewind, they have the coaches film available for this play, and from the side whole field view you can see the receivers.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
As soon as the ball was snapped, I knew it was going to be either a sack of a turnover. Staley got beat off the snap so bad.

It hurts when u can see it coming like that.
Originally posted by flow:
If Alex threw to Crabtree on that play, Captain Tip-drill would have saved the day... for the Lions.

it would have been a lob so you can't tip that
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

it would have been a lob so you can't tip that

Crabtree would have found a way to tip it. That's why he's Captain Tip-drill.
Maybe he should tell on Bellicek again
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
As soon as the ball was snapped, I knew it was going to be either a sack of a turnover. Staley got beat off the snap so bad.

It hurts when u can see it coming like that.

idk i thought there was a glimmer of hope that smith would step up in the pocket, but no

Because Alex would have thrown it over his head
The left side of the Niner O-line all agree that the guy was off-sides. They were closer than the refs and a lot closer than you. If you experts don't mind, I'll go with the left side of the Niner O'-line's analysis.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Because Alex would have thrown it over his head

Yup. That's why he has 35 TDs and 1 INT in the redzone for his career.
Did we get the touchdown?

Yes.

Then it was the right read.
lol tell'em hes IMangining it. Both players knew the reads and Walker knew he was getting the ball. There was no blown coverage.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He made the play so who cares if he misread it.
He wasn't offsides.
Share 49ersWebzone