LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HearstFan:
In reviewing the Vanden Bosch -- I don't think he was off-sides, to me, he seems to move right on the snap and cross the line as the snap is going back to Smith. The discouraging thing about the review -- if Staley didn't get owned on a simple outside speed rush -- it looks like Smith had both VD in the seam and the outside receiver break open for potentially big gains.

That could have totally changed the way the game opened, and taken the crowd down a notch.

What I like about this is that JH seems to have called a pretty agressive opening play. Good coaching again!

You might criticize that the play should have planned to give help to Vanden Bosch's side if the throw was to go deep. But I say Staley should have done his job better.

Yeah Smith was looking down the field. I loved the play call. You would think that an experienced LT would know that they are going to bring the speed on the very first play being at home and all. Staley needs to be more aggressive in engaging in pass blocking IMO
Originally posted by tjd808185:
What's with the Crabtree hate?

Anyways anyone complaining that the route was the 2nd most likely to score is an idiot. We get that read 10 times we score a touchdown 10 times. Well he might have dropped the ball once or twice but you get the point. The play was there.

because the WZ can't hate Jed, Baalke, Vernon & Alex anymore so they need someone new to pick on
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Oct 22, 2011 at 8:11 PM ]
It's a credit to Smith and Walker that they made the winning play regardless of coverage. 4th and goal. Smith threw the ball. Walker caught it and dragged his guy into the end zone. Man or zone -- doesn't matter. Will not be denied. Good stuff

4th down play. It wasn't about taking what the defense gives you anymore. It was taking what we want.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 22, 2011 at 8:25 PM ]
Who the f**k is Mangini?
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Who the f**k is Mangini?

Some dude who was a decent coach for about 5 minutes...
Originally posted by mickey49:
Originally posted by susweel:
He made the play so who cares if he misread it.

Exactly. Gotta love how Mangini was all "Alex got lucky." Really? Perfect ball placement is lucky? Gee, I can't believe no one has offered this guy another coaching job

Ya and now Dana the chick on the show who is from Detroit keeps saying Alex got lucky.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
He made the play so who cares if he misread it.

Exactly. Gotta love how Mangini was all "Alex got lucky." Really? Perfect ball placement is lucky? Gee, I can't believe no one has offered this guy another coaching job

Ya and now Dana the chick on the show who is from Detroit keeps saying Alex got lucky.

f**k them

The man made a great play with the game on the line and they refuse to give him his due.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
He shut down Bosch for the rest of the game. Staley had a great game, except that first play. I'll take that.

Its a 60 minute game for everybody but the O-line.
Bottom line: over 200 yards rushing and two sacks given up - big win for the Niner O-line over a defense that was talking smack all week about how they were going to dominate. Remember, the Lions D-line is the "heart and soul" of the Lions. The Niner O-line punked them.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
it is done and over with. It happened for a reason. We showed toughness and will to not give up.

Yes. A good test for resiliency.

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Agreed. He needs to step it up. He has a long way to go before being a franchise LT

He shut down Bosch for the rest of the game. Staley had a great game, except that first play. I'll take that.

if you're going t f**k up, make it the first play.
He's throws a TD on 4th down on the road against an undefeated team and somehow it's "bad.".... Talk about HATEXCUSES. I'll take that kind of "bad" play from Alex each and every week of the season. Last time I checked if you get it in there on 4th down and win the game it counts any which way you do it. And I think it still counts as a "W." Or do they take that away?
not to be forum police by why isn't this in the same thread as the video?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
why does ESPN hire the s**ttiest coaches and ex players sometimes? f**k him
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Who the f**k is Mangini?

Some dude who was a decent coach for about 5 minutes...

Yeah, doesn't anyone else wonder how this guy was a head coach. Not for one team, but for two. He's acts like a wimp.
Share 49ersWebzone